TJ09

2014-11-18 - Patch Notes

Here's a small update that aims to improve a few pain points regarding zombies and the encyclopedia. Enjoy!

Encyclopedia

• Neglected eggs should more reliably count towards "eggs raised."
  • Removed an extraneous hatchling sprite from the Water Dragon page.
  • Discontinued breeds now have a message at the top of their encyclopedia page.
  • Don't show egg sprites for discontinued breeds.
  • "Found in" for discontinued breeds is now "Unavailable."
  • Other breeds that cannot be found in any biome (e.g. zombies) will not have a message telling you to unlock their location.
  • Normalized unlock criteria across all breeds to be easier and more consistent between breeds.
  • Added an entry for the Desipis (2014 Halloween) dragons.
Dead things
  • Zombies always appear on your dragons page, but will still only appear on your public user page at night.
  • Brand new tombstone sprite for all dead dragons/hatchlings.
  • Zombies will receive a special tombstone specific to their biome.
  • New dead egg appearance. Some eggs with custom cracking sequences were not updated.
New Home Page

The new home page will start rolling out slowly (i.e. not to everyone at once). If you are one of the lucky ones to get it early, please report any issues that pop up.

Discontinued breeds now have a message at the top of their encyclopedia page.

Really hope this doesn't negatively affect the chances of possibly getting either breed re-released.

Other than that, yay! I like the updates!

Great update, thanks. It's always good to see things people have been wanting come to pass.

Thanks TJ! The quality of life updates are much appreciated and I can't wait to see the new sprites.

Heh, this update finished off three of the breeds I had left to fully unlock xd.png (aside from holiday ones). Just need to finish the NDs now...

Thanks TJ!

Edited by Slaskia

Thank you for the updates, TJ, even if I don't quite understand all of them yet. ~_^

I'm sure I'll "get" them with use! <3

I thought the dead white egg on my scroll looked strange... huh.gif

After checking the wiki page and then the news here, now I know why! tongue.gifwink.gif

I hope I will eventually be able to unlock the 2nd Pair of Alt Black Adults in the encyc. xd.png

Wow... Now I actually want to kill things to look at them. Is that bad? xd.png P.S. I never managed to reserect and get a zombie. Only once I saved a dragon and it returned to full life... Was- that suppose to happen? Or did I do it wrong because I still want a zombie without murdering to many of my dragons. xd.png

Ooooh, lots of info on the Desipis, yay! biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see what the specific tombstones look like!

And also can't wait for the new homepage hehe. Thank you! biggrin.gif

Seems like a good patch.

The new dead sprites make me conflicted though.