TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

How are we supposed to complete Bright Pink and Frilled dragons since they're discontinued?

I know you can observe them for some credit. Not sure if you can complete their entries that way, though? o3o I'd really like to know, too.

I know you can observe them for some credit. Not sure if you can complete their entries that way, though? o3o I'd really like to know, too.

If you can find people with each level (and since we can't freeze eggs we can't) it's not actually possible.

Also, it would be nice if even if they didn't count towards completion if we could still see how many of the breed we owned on that page.

I haven't used the Encyclopedia much, and I don't really plan to, but one thing that strikes me as odd is eggs that you abandon are still counted in the "eggs owned" counter. For example, I've been fishing non stop in the AP during this Halloween breeding, and grabbed a bunch of Shadow Walker eggs; despite only actually keeping a few on my scroll, it says I own 103.

Edited by Wahya

I have 4 Frill adults and a frozen hatchling. I also have a Zombie adult and hatchling. Anyone is most welcome to observe them at http://dragcave.net/user/DragonWolf256. I have managed to observe enough Frills, Zombies and Neglecteds to have them visible in my Encyclopedia except for the egg. Oh, almost forgot, I also have two Bright Pinks.

If you can find people with each level (and since we can't freeze eggs we can't) it's not actually possible.

Also, it would be nice if even if they didn't count towards completion if we could still see how many of the breed we owned on that page.

Dear TJ, seems you created a reason for dis-discontinuing those two breeds somehow! (I know Frills were discontinued because of the sprite issue, I'm not sure abot pinks, but creating new sprites for Frills should solve the problem) wink.gif

Dear TJ, seems you created a reason for dis-discontinuing those two breeds somehow! (I know Frills were discontinued because of the sprite issue, I'm not sure abot pinks, but creating new sprites for Frills should solve the problem) wink.gif

If I recall correctly, the old pinks were originally going to be phased out/replaced by the new pinks. I actually think all the old pinks were supposed to become new pinks. (I actually remember there being a button along the lines of "update image" being present, a long, long time ago.)

Frills weren't exactly discontinued because of a sprite issue either. And there's a thread in Suggestions (or was...) where Lytharian says she'd like to tweak the sprites and bring back frills. So.

I'm really hoping that needing their eggs to unlock the egg picture means TJ is secretly going to rerelease both of them at some point <3

TJ bby pls <3

If I recall correctly, the old pinks were originally going to be phased out/replaced by the new pinks. I actually think all the old pinks were supposed to become new pinks. (I actually remember there being a button along the lines of "update image" being present, a long, long time ago.)

I'm just not getting the idea why - the sprite is different, the dragon feels different, and I can see that if sprites were ever updated, it didn't mean creating separate breeds...

Actually I like the old pinks as a separate dragon species (including their adult sprite, maybe could have slight updates like GoN had but the overall shape and appearance are nice) - as long as I could obtain the 5 of them (MF&theirS1,M&F frozen offspring), now with the encyclopedia working how it works, it doesn't seem right to require eggs that are not available at all, so I'm saying they should be available again then.

Both bright pinks and the current pinks were sprited by Dovealove. Her idea was to replace the old pinks with new ones and introduce the male sprite. The idea of replacing the old pinks with the new pinks wasn't particularly well received though. Some wanted to just replace everything, some wanted their old pinks to stay the same. Lots of drama.

Not a fan. The fact that it gives away the new dragons (cough Halloween cough) and their forms (even if we can't fully see them) destroyed the excitement for me..

Not a fan. The fact that it gives away the new dragons (cough Halloween cough) and their forms (even if we can't fully see them) destroyed the excitement for me..

I seriously doubt that was intentional. If you check, all the spoilers are removed now.

I will be frank here. The world having two moons perturbs me. Now how am I to know which moon the moonstone dragons have an affiliation with. Also regarding the "full moon" and "new moon" stories.

(I want to assume it is the smaller blue moon instead of the golden moon that the moonstone dragons are associated with but I want to be sure.)

I second that. Even if it has to be a separate set of counters, I would like the encyclopedia to tell me how many of each breed/stage I own.

EDIT : See this suggestion about adding new counters.

Also, I just noticed that creating new Undead Dragons does not count at all. I revived some adults but all my counters are still at zero: Eggs Owned: 0 (of course), Hatchlings Owned: 0, Adults Raised: 0.

Edited by Bugzilla

Also, I just noticed that creating new Undead Dragons does not count at all. I revived some adults but all my counters are still at zero: Eggs Owned: 0 (of course), Hatchlings Owned: 0, Adults Raised: 0.

I just came here to post about this. I was super lucky this year and got hatchlings and adults and it is not counting in my encyclopedia. Is it sufficient to post about it here or does it need to go in the help section?

I seriously doubt that was intentional. If you check, all the spoilers are removed now.

Okay, I see it was a mistake or glitch, but I hope this doesn't happen with every new (holiday) drop.. I'll just have to forget the name of the dragon in my brain and erase their hatchling and adult sprites in my mind as well.

Starting over. Ooo nice eggs, they're kinda shiny too.

Perhaps there are some young frills in the wild? I don't see how we could get the eggs though.

I just came here to post about this. I was super lucky this year and got hatchlings and adults and it is not counting in my encyclopedia. Is it sufficient to post about it here or does it need to go in the help section?

Yeah, having the same problem. Hatchlings are not counting, and since they're autofrozen, you can't actually 'raise' an Undead dragon, which seems to be breaking Encyclopedia

When I click dragons altogether (mine or from other user) it does not count. I have to go to the lineage link and click the dragon again to make it work :s

This may have already been asked and answered or brought up in this thread, but I haven't read through it all. How am I supposed to unlock the adult images for the curled alt black? I've clicked loads of alts already and the sitting alt black's adults are unlocked, it's only the curled ones that aren't. Help?

This may have already been asked and answered or brought up in this thread, but I haven't read through it all. How am I supposed to unlock the adult images for the curled alt black? I've clicked loads of alts already and the sitting alt black's adults are unlocked, it's only the curled ones that aren't. Help?

They have to be adults that were curled before growing up. Since it's impossible to tell, keep clicking alt black adults.

I have observed 400 adult Black Alts and still don't have those pictures. There is no way to tell how many of the right ones I still need either, as far as I can tell.

I guess I just got lucky with the alts I observed. I only had to look at a total of 230 adults "blacks" according to my totals to unlock all black and black alt adult images

Edited by rubyshoes