TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Isn't the amount of dragons needed to be observed a little bit exaggerated in some of the rarest breeds? ND's, for example. I already observed each and every single adult and hatchling in the 'Encyclopedia helpers' topic (even those that lacked a lineage link... I had to change it manually for it to count) and I am still lacking 180 hatchlings to unlock the next text.

I was able to get the frills complete (except for the egg) and one discontinued pink hatchling and the adult picture shown. I don't know how we could ever get the eggs for those.

I got the Zombie's unlocked and have the S1 hatchie and adult colored in lol now to get the S2

I got the Zombie's unlocked and have the S1 hatchie and adult colored in lol now to get the S2

I got the Zombies all done this afternoon -- images and observations. The Zombie success thread in Site Discussion is a good place to look for Zombies to click on. biggrin.gif

One of the ... oddities I find is that it's supposed to be an Encyclopedia. When has there ever been an encyclopedia that needed to be "unlocked"? These are volumes that simply present information, so the function just seems a little off to me.

As stated before, I've never been wild about this addition. If I need info, I'm happy to head to the Wiki, and I have my own canon that some of this may conflict with. *shrugs*

For those who like a challenge, I'm thrilled this will keep them busy for a while. I like my game simple and will just stick to doing what I already do. No worries.

Ditto.

Also, I just noticed that creating new Undead Dragons does not count at all. I revived some adults but all my counters are still at zero: Eggs Owned: 0 (of course), Hatchlings Owned: 0, Adults Raised: 0.

Zombies made this year are being counted now. smile.gif Mine shows I have 7 hatchlings which is my number of successes this year.

One of the ... oddities I find is that it's supposed to be an Encyclopedia. When has there ever been an encyclopedia that needed to be "unlocked"? These are volumes that simply present information, so the function just seems a little off to me.

As stated before, I've never been wild about this addition. If I need info, I'm happy to head to the Wiki, and I have my own canon that some of this may conflict with. *shrugs*

For those who like a challenge, I'm thrilled this will keep them busy for a while. I like my game simple and will just stick to doing what I already do. No worries.

Ditto.

I assume it's taken to mean *you* are writing the encyclopedia. Thus, while you may know of all the dragons (hence the silhouettes all being there in the beginning), you need to raise them more or at least observe them to write in the information. Once you get the information, though, then it's just what an encyclopedia is: volumes that simply present information.

I'm glad DC has it, because it makes it official. The wiki, while nice, is entirely unofficial and more like any unofficial strategy guide or walkthrough (everything on GameFAQs, for example) as opposed to an official one. I do agree, though, that the wiki is very useful and currently still more useful and readily available as opposed to the wiki. I'm still using it for now and probably always will.

It is more for fun, imo, though! A nice challenge to give me a new goal now that my trophy isn't changing. :P

Personally, I prefer unofficial strategy guides. They have more character and charm. So I'm in the same boat as you jis99.

After the first rush of excitement, i thoroughly lost interest in the encyclopedia.

All the restrictions on already raised dragons not counting etc. spoil the fun for me.

I only raise a certain number of every breed.

This would only be cool if I started fro point zero again. Nope, no more encyclopedia for me.

So when will the new Halloween dragon reappear in the encyclopedia? When the eggs first appeared it was there briefly then disappeared.

And since it's not there now, does this mean that the eggs I have collected and the eggs I have clicked on will not count? I hope not!

So when will the new Halloween dragon reappear in the encyclopedia?

I'd presume this will happen once TJ's dragons mature. smile.gif

I'd presume this will happen once TJ's dragons mature. smile.gif

This is my assumption, too. I am thinking TJ didn't want to spoiler it before his grow up.

I thought this thread got bigger than I thought it was. There seemed to be more entries than I remembered reading. So i went through the last several pages again.

It seems I had my "whine filer" engaged the first time I read through it, and kinda just skipped over all the "this Encyclopedia isn't what I thought it would be/wanted it to be, so I'm gonna sulk" posts. Yeah, there sure are a bunch of them.

Personally, I think the Dragon Encyclopedia is a masterful creation, and I marvel at the work that went into it. Thanks, TJ, and all the beta testers, too. It is really amazing! Totes FAB! I mean, WOW!

Count me a fan.

Edited by snave

i had a pumpkin grow up. why is the adult sprite not unlocked on its description page?

If you hover over the image, you need to own 3 or observe 15 adults to unlock the image.

Heck if I know, I have viewed like five GoNs so far, and have yet to unlock it.

Do you guys know how many entries are there in the encyclopedia?

I got 144 now, including these still working on unlock the descriptions:

Blacktip

Blue-Banded

Carmine

Solstice

Impeial Fleshcrowne

Gold

Spotted Greenwing

Hellfire

Pink DONE

Pygmy DONE

Royal Blue

Neglected

SilverDONE

Speckle-Throated

Spitfire

SunriseDONE

Radiant Angel

WaterhorseDONE

I think the bold ones is impossible!!!

And I have to unlock those through their lineages since yesterday which makes it much more difficult!!! NOT TODAY!YEAH!

COMPLETED! I am so excited about it!!!

Looking forward to holiday and season eggs when they are available!

Even more looking forward to the hatchlings of Radiant Angel & Solstice!!!

Edited by Dragon p

Solstices and Radiant Angels will be available again during their respective holidays.

Neglecteds, while they might be hard to create, are able to be gotten anytime.

The only impossible ones so far seem to be Bright Pinks and Frills. (you can't get their eggs unlocked, I believe)

Holidays and rares are hard to fill out, since holidays are only available during certain parts of the year, and rares are hard to get, but they are also possible.

Reading through a few post I find this interesting. It didn't even occur to me that people might not like the encyclopedia!

I like how it fills up as you observe dragons. It is like the scrolls. You're writing down your dragons and now you're writing down all that you've learned about dragons into an encyclopedia. It's like a notebook of knowledge. (The idea very much appeals to the scientist in me, or the scientist that is me I should say.)

I think my only disappointment is that it doesn't record the dragons I already have. Since I am mostly a 'one of each' type of person most of the dragons will stay as zero for owned. *shrugs* So I have "0" instead of a "1" or a "2" no big deal really. I have made it a personal goal for mints to be the largest number of anything I have in the encyclopedia. cool.gif

Also, I just noticed that you can no longer access the encyclopedia from each dragon's page. You could do that before, right?

Solstices and Radiant Angels will be available again during their respective holidays.

Neglecteds, while they might be hard to create, are able to be gotten anytime.

The only impossible ones so far seem to be Bright Pinks and Frills. (you can't get their eggs unlocked, I believe)

Holidays and rares are hard to fill out, since holidays are only available during certain parts of the year, and rares are hard to get, but they are also possible.

Well.

Do you know if those latest holiday dragons have any hatchlings, like radiant angel and solstice? I dont think I have saw any out there.

And my Neglected need 166 hacthlings to unlock the next description!!! I just want to let it go.

Oh. It is so hard.

Reading through a few post I find this interesting. It didn't even occur to me that people might not like the encyclopedia!

I like how it fills up as you observe dragons. It is like the scrolls. You're writing down your dragons and now you're writing down all that you've learned about dragons into an encyclopedia. It's like a notebook of knowledge. (The idea very much appeals to the scientist in me, or the scientist that is me I should say.)

I think my only disappointment is that it doesn't record the dragons I already have. Since I am mostly a 'one of each' type of person most of the dragons will stay as zero for owned. *shrugs* So I have "0" instead of a "1" or a "2" no big deal really. I have made it a personal goal for mints to be the largest number of anything I have in the encyclopedia. cool.gif

Also, I just noticed that you can no longer access the encyclopedia from each dragon's page. You could do that before, right?

I think these only occur in a few dragons, H or A.

But for the others I can still access through it.

You're only able to for certain dragons you've raised/seen enough of.

I have tons of Reds and Seragammas and some other things so I can see the link to the encyclopedia (I've only "observed" all of my own dragons, haven't gone to other scrolls yet). Dragons I don't have much of don't have links.

Well.

Do you know if those latest holiday dragons have any hatchlings, like radiant angel and solstice? I dont think I have saw any out there.

And my Neglected need 166 hacthlings to unlock the next description!!! I just want to let it go.

Oh. It is so hard.

I'm not saying that it's easy to fill out and the dragons are currently out there (though I do seriously doubt that there aren't any hatchies). I'm just saying it's not impossible to fill those entries out (at least, it won't be!)

I have tons of Reds and Seragammas and some other things so I can see the link to the encyclopedia (I've only "observed" all of my own dragons, haven't gone to other scrolls yet). Dragons I don't have much of don't have links.

I'm not saying that it's easy to fill out and the dragons are currently out there (though I do seriously doubt that there aren't any hatchies). I'm just saying it's not impossible to fill those entries out (at least, it won't be!)

Yep I know.

Well forget my poor english, plz.

For Frills and Old Pinks, I just mark finished even though I still observed no eggs. However, I saw some discusstion about the possibilities of those eggs still exists in the wilderness. I doubt that too.

I've unlocked all images and all info except for neglecteds info (need 98 more hatchlings for next unlock)

edit: except for those pesky retired eggs of course

Edited by rubyshoes

I've unlocked all images and all info except for neglecteds info (need 98 more hatchlings for next unlock)

edit: except for those pesky retired eggs of course

So I wonder how many entries are there in your Encyvlopedia?

144? Or I miss sth?