TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming both egg sprite being included means we are getting the retired dragons back at some future point.

Ouoting myself from another thread. Doesn't mean I'm right, but this is how I'm hoping it plays out.

Edited by DragonLady86

Ouoting myself from another thread. Doesn't mean I'm right, but this is how I'm hoping it plays out.

If this is the reason, it's the best reason ever!

Any sign of the Desipis showing up in the Encyclopedia again? Three of mine are now grown.

No complaints or anything, I just wanted to say that I'm having fun w/the Encyclopedia. It's a very cool feature, and gives me something challenging to do - kind of like unlocking achievements. It's also an incentive to click mad eggs on the hatcheries biggrin.gif

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard on it, y'all are great!

(I am curious, though - when is the Desipis dragons going to be added?)

Don't worry, they'll be added soon ^^ Whenever TJ next updates the encyclopedia, the Desipises should be added.

Don't worry, they'll be added soon ^^ Whenever TJ next updates the encyclopedia, the Desipises should be added.

I know when the Desipises came out as eggs their sprites had leaked through the encyclopedia (and I believe they were much different, the adult had no dimorphism). I think it wasn't intentional and that's probably why you can't see it now. I think he should have added it in after his own grew up. :3 I'm mostly curious if info from what Birdz shared on Desipises will be in Encyclopedia -- and if so -- how altered would that info be? ohmy.gif

(and I believe they were much different, the adult had no dimorphism)

Yes they did. They shared the same poses as far as I can recall.

I've gone to the Wilderness and clicked on a few Frilled and Bright Pinks. Though I don't know if I've been duplicates or now so...

I know when the Desipises came out as eggs their sprites had leaked through the encyclopedia (and I believe they were much different, the adult had no dimorphism). I think it wasn't intentional and that's probably why you can't see it now. I think he should have added it in after his own grew up. :3 I'm mostly curious if info from what Birdz shared on Desipises will be in Encyclopedia -- and if so -- how altered would that info be? ohmy.gif

Yes, that had been a mistake, since they were the first release after the Encyclopedia had been implemented. But it didn't have any info besides the breed name there at the time; neither birdzy nor I had submitted the info to TJ yet. I don't thinK we had even written most of it yet, even though we had some ideas xd.png

Edited by PieMaster

It be nice to get the discontinued eggs/dragons back. Years ago I lost the password to an old account and the new account was created after the pinks and frills were discontinued.

Chey.

If you can see all the images, is everything unlocked...?

And if the answer is yes, if you can see all the images except the eggs for Bright Pinks (since we can't get to view those sad.gif ) does that mean everything is unlocked for them too ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

If you can see all the images, is everything unlocked...?

And if the answer is yes, if you can see all the images except the eggs for Bright Pinks (since we can't get to view those sad.gif ) does that mean everything is unlocked for them too ?

It looks like unlocking the images is only the start. A lot of the species have a good deal of information that you get the more dragons you view or raise. I need 18 more adult zombies to unlock the next bit of info on them, and I've already views 82. O.o .... I can find a slew of hatchies, but the adults are proving to be a pain for me.

The only one I have fully unlocked right now is the coppers. That came around after viewing around 30 hatchies and 106 adults. Lots of info about them though. *nods*

And I hear that Neglecteds are a beast to fully unlock.

I hope that when the Desipis is added to the encyclopedia, I get the credit for the ones I've already raised. I'd hate to have to observe/raise more just to unlock things.

You will get a message stating that you've unlocked all the information for that breed, or at least that's what my encyclopedia page of the chicken says just above the stats. And it's even possible to unlock all the information without having all the pictures unlocked as you can see in this picture (I hope you guys don't mind me posting this heavily edited screenshot smile.gif ):

user posted image

Although I have to be honest and say I somehow doubt this is really all. I think I read somewhere that the Chicken has a lot of info and this doesn't really like alot.png. I've seen dragons with more info.....

Edited by Sheriziya

But, see, there is no information for OPs yet... So I can't tell that way!

Oh, duh, I wasn't looking good. nvm, blame it on the fact I've been writing all day.....

Anyway, I have no idea. So far I've found several dragons for which I've unlocked all the images (including the egg), but where there's no information in the encyclopedia yet, while I know the artists gave (a lot of) info in the announcement thread, like the Falconiforms, amongst others. So I guess the encyclopedia is still a work in progress, not only for new dragons, but also for already existing dragons.

Seeing that observing/raising a certain amount of dragons of a breed unlocks certain info, I assume this will be unlocked too if you've already observed/raised that amount of dragons before the new information of the dragon is included, like now with the Desipis. That feels logical.

But that's just my assumption. Don't pin me down on it. I have no idea what TJ has decided about this.

Edited by Sheriziya

You will get a message stating that you've unlocked all the information for that breed, or at least that's what my encyclopedia page of the chicken says just above the stats. And it's even possible to unlock all the information without having all the pictures unlocked as you can see in this picture (I hope you guys don't mind me posting this heavily edited screenshot smile.gif ):

Although I have to be honest and say I somehow doubt this is really all. I think I read somewhere that the Chicken has a lot of info and this doesn't really like alot.png. I've seen dragons with more info.....

Where did you go to view over 500 chickens!? O.o

Edited by DragonNeko

Where did you go to view over 500 chickens!? O.o

Scroll of littleblackdog. wink.gif

Perhaps there are some young frills in the wild? I don't see how we could get the eggs though.

i been trying to breed my frills with no luck

i been trying to breed my frills with no luck

Frills have been retired for a while now, you're not going to get any Frill eggs.

what does dimorphism mean?

That there are different sprites for the male and female, like so:

user posted imageuser posted image

what does dimorphism mean?

It means that the male and female of a breed have different characteristics, like male lions have manes and females don't.