TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

mm, I think the tooltip on the zombie dragon page needs to be fixed, the location mentions that you need to own or observe eggs.... there are no Zombie eggs, last I checked?

They also don't HAVE a location because zombies are made from dead dragons. Also, as they continue to sort as the old breed rather than "Undead" the location would change for every Zombie. the tool tip is likely just the same for every page.

Thanks Rowan and lindsy95 - I know not to panic now!

(Blank again this morning, though!)

Is anyone else clicking all bright pinks and frills they can find in case they end up getting information to unlock?

^ I think when it says "There are no notes available", there is (currently) no information that can be unlocked.

I have finally unlocked the adult Alt Blacks from curled hatchies. I have observed 466 Black adults, most of them Alts. It's probably possible to unlock them much sooner if you find the right dragons to click - I'm just posting this to encourage everyone to keep clicking. It is possible. biggrin.gif

Edited by Confused Cat

Is anyone else clicking all bright pinks and frills they can find in case they end up getting information to unlock?

To some degree, I'm doing that with all dragons. Never know when they might get notes, after all. biggrin.gif

^ I think when it says "There are no notes available", there is (currently) no information that can be unlocked.

That doesn't mean there will never be information available though. I think the goal is to eventually add notes for all the breeds.

I'm a little confused. My encyclopedia page for the Black Marrow Dragons says "Eggs Owned: 4". I bred one of my Black Marrow dragons and got 4 eggs (of which I kept only one) but it seems the encyclopedia counts all 4. Is that intentional?

I'm a little confused. My encyclopedia page for the Black Marrow Dragons says "Eggs Owned: 4". I bred one of my Black Marrow dragons and got 4 eggs (of which I kept only one) but it seems the encyclopedia counts all 4. Is that intentional?

They were in your inventory, so you did own them, even if only for a little while.

(I guess it's intentional.)

WOW! I'm really liking the new dividing graphics for each Halloween year! Now I can tell if I have all of 2014's. They're really good looking guys, thanks a lot!

My only complaint is the timing of it. All of my Halloween eggs keep getting sick because of viewing overload...

Edited by Myra the Sark

My only complaint is the timing of it. My Halloween eggs keep getting sick because of viewing overload...

I think this was the only timing option, though I do agree that it would've been nicer to have a bit of a longer wait between the encyclopedia and the Halloween event. But a lot of the information in the story ("Valkemare", mana, etc.) could have been confusing if the encyclopedia was not released before Halloween.

My only complaint is the timing of it. All of my Halloween eggs keep getting sick because of viewing overload...

I don't really see this as much of a problem? Just wait until they're at five days or four days, put them in a couple egg sites, and they should be fine.

Do what I do, hide the scroll, or at least the adults. People should respect hoard owners and not risk the scroll with their visitations.

Edited by Starscream

Do what I do, hide the scroll, or at least the adults.

Can adults get sick? blink.gif Why hide them?

Do what I do, hide the scroll, or at least the adults. People should respect hoard owners and not risk the scroll with their visitations.

I find it to be quite an honor for everyone to visit my chickens. I hope they do come! In the mean time I am hiding things until they can handle the extra views. So far it actually hasn't been too bad.

It would become a pain if I was trying to trade anything and those eggs kept getting sick. But so far so good.

Can adults get sick? blink.gif  Why hide them?

to deter people from going visiting my scroll excessively. I'll unhide it after the initial race to load up the encyclopaedia ends. I don't mind the visits, but with my work, its hard to monitor if eggs and hatclings need to be hidden. I can't really sneak onto my phone to hide it... restaurants don't work that way. And I have some things in trade teleports

Edited by Starscream

to deter people from going visiting my scroll excessively. I'll unhide it after the initial race to load up the encyclopaedia ends. I don't mind the visits, but with my work, its hard to monitor if eggs and hatclings need to be hidden. I can't really sneak onto my phone to hide it... restaurants don't work that way. And I have some things in trade teleports

Ah, ok, that makes sense. wink.gif

I think something's off...

I've managed to hunt down 44 adults to observe and yet all the adult sprites in the encyclopedia are still locked (for neglected, if that makes any difference...).

Also, while I get that it's easier to code this way and makes people have to unlock everything instead of having it already opened for long-time users, it would be nice if the 'dragons owned' parts actually reflected what we own (even if they don't count towards the unlock).

Can someone please tell me the exact number of hatchies and eggs I need to observe to get all of the information for the Blacks, Golds and Silvers? And how many NDs should I have to unlock their adult images? I observed around fifty.

How will egg images of discontinued breeds (ex. bright pinks) be unlocked?

As of now, you can't unlock them. You might be able to unlock the Frilled egg sprite after the holiday raffle because several people choose Frilleds as an HM prize. However, I don't see how we can ever unlock the Bright Pink egg sprite.

How will egg images of discontinued breeds (ex. bright pinks) be unlocked?

It's like the Zombie Egg slot- as of now, there isn't a way to fill it.