TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

I've observed a lot of Nebula Dragons in order to unlock their info, yet the sprites themselves won't unlock...so far I haven't unlocked any sprites, no matter how many of the dragon type I've viewed :/ I am kinda disappointed...

I like the idea, but I have over 3300 dragons, some I don't want to raise 5 more of just to get everything unlocked. So even though it's a cool idea, those of us who have been here a while, aren't really interested in raising 5 more of everything just to unlock. And some, we can't. Like the Guardian of Nature.

You don't have to raise to unlock - just observe. I've unlocked all available info on everything (but neglecteds) and it wasn't by raising more of everything.

Edited by rubyshoes

At long last I now know the name of Dragon Caves world~ Valkemare... I shall forever note it in my geeky mind. >3<

You don't have to raise to unlock - just observe. I've unlocked all available info on everything (but neglecteds) and it wasn't by raising more of everything.

Thanks rubyshoes, but I doubt I have time to go looking for each stage of dragon 5 times to unlock.

I also don't like the part that says "Number of Adults Grown: 0" when I have 100 of them.

Think of it as "owned since you started recording things in the encyclopedia"? You're observing or raising dragons and noting down interesting bits of information about them as you do so.

Think of it as "owned since you started recording things in the encyclopedia"? You're observing or raising dragons and noting down interesting bits of information about them as you do so.

Thanks, but I'll just not use it. It's not really meant for players that have been here a long time. It's too discouraging for me, considering how much time I put into this site in the last almost 5 years.

So I'll just do without, as it's not realistic to my scroll. Thanks though.

Thanks rubyshoes, but I doubt I have time to go looking for each stage of dragon 5 times to unlock.

I also don't like the part that says "Number of Adults Grown: 0" when I have 100 of them.

You're welcome (yeah, it is a little disheartening to see 0).

I think the Encyclopedia is really nice! I like how it has information of the world of Dragon Cave, or Valkemare. Unlocking dragons is a cool feature too, even if it doesn't count the dragons you have prior to it. Thanks TJ!

sooo uh question...i've gotten nearly every sprite unlocked, on the main page, except for this faded shadow one after Ultraviolet...no clue what it is. anyone know?@_@ thank you.

i've been doing so much clicking to unlock sprites...hatcheries are a wonderful thing.

sooo uh question...i've gotten nearly every sprite unlocked, on the main page, except for this faded shadow one after Ultraviolet...no clue what it is. anyone know?@_@ thank you.

i've been doing so much clicking to unlock sprites...hatcheries are a wonderful thing.

That is the Undead Dragon or the "Zombie Dragon"

Edited by lollipop00

The shadow after the Ultraviolets is Undead (Zombie) dragons.

I'm loving the dragonopedia but for some reason even though it says I've viewed 16 cavernlurker adults it's not displaying their pictures?

It seems to be 15 of each sprite to unlock images, which is why people are having trouble with Black alts from curled hatchies.

Also does anyone know where I can find 150 ND hatchies to click? dry.gif

Has anyone mentioned perhaps the idea of making it retroactive initially, but having a "erase my encyclopedia" type button for those who wish to start from scratch?

edit: If there was a suggestions thread somewhere for this sort of thing do let me know. unsure.gif

Edited by Erithan

Erithan, I love that idea. I'm super excited to have the Encylopedia, but seeing all the shadowed sprites and the adult counts at zero is a little disheartening. When it was first announced I was hoping it could be used as a "tracker" of sorts, so I could see how many of each breed are on my scroll without having to manually count or use other sites.

An erase encyclopedia button would be an interesting feature to add. Although I am still enjoying clicking on all sorts of sprites, it's going to be too much effort for me to manually fill out the whole thing so I will likely not use it.

Has anyone mentioned perhaps the idea of making it retroactive initially, but having a "erase my encyclopedia" type button for those who wish to start from scratch?

edit: If there was a suggestions thread somewhere for this sort of thing do let me know. unsure.gif

I don't think that would be a good idea. what happens if you click accidently after doing all the work?

DragonLady86, I can definitely see it having a confirmation page where you need to input your password or click another button to truly erase it. Very difficult to accidentally erase the whole thing that way.

This is a really cool feature, but I am getting obsessed over the clicking to observe and now my shoulders hurt from being in one position for too long. I think I'll have to give up now that I've got all of the silhouettes unlocked, at least.

Also, I know it's a joke but why do I have to raise 77/observe 385 more chickens just to see a few more lines when the blacks only took 108 adults and 53 hatchlings to unlock all of their observations? I guess TJ took into account the existence of littleblackdog's scroll???

How come things are unlocking for some people, but not for others? My sprites are refusing to unlock on their pages (thankfully they are on the main page, but that's not that useful).

I'm super excited to have the Encylopedia, but seeing all the shadowed sprites and the adult counts at zero is a little disheartening. When it was first announced I was hoping it could be used as a "tracker" of sorts, so I could see how many of each breed are on my scroll without having to manually count or use other sites.

An erase encyclopedia button would be an interesting feature to add. Although I am still enjoying clicking on all sorts of sprites, it's going to be too much effort for me to manually fill out the whole thing so I will likely not use it.

I would have loved for it to be that, too... maybe TJ will fix it to reflect actual numbers at some point happy.gif

It seems to be 15 of each sprite to unlock images, which is why people are having trouble with Black alts from curled hatchies.

Also does anyone know where I can find 150 ND hatchies to click? dry.gif

the winged and unwinged hatchies popped open for me after 10 (atm I've seen 11 ND hatchies)... it's the adult forms that are still blocked.

Edited by Elssha

All this clicking to full out the encyclopedia is gonna give me Carpal Tunnel, I swear...

Oh well. If anyone wants to fill out theirs, feel free to head over to my scroll and click away. (It's the same as my username.)

Also, does anyone have advice for getting images of the rarer hatchlings, like GoNs???

Further back in the thread, someone came up with a Google search term for locating potential scrolls for the rarer dragons...

Btw, is there a page for the Lettle Tree? I clicked some of them, but nothing so far.

While I don't mind that it started with a blank slate necessarily, I wish that, if I click on a dragon or hatchie on my scroll, it would acknowledge that this is a dragon that I own and add it to the encyclopedia accordingly (i.e., as a raised dragon/hatchie, not an observed dragon/hatchie). That surely cannot be a difficult thing to implement and might have done something to ease the frustration of people seeing all those zeros for breeds they've raised lots of. (Yes, going and clicking on everything on your scroll all over again would be annoying too, but I think it would be a lesser annoyance if the proper credit were given.)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

While I don't mind that it started with a blank slate necessarily, I wish that, if I click on a dragon or hatchie on my scroll, it would acknowledge that this is a dragon that I own and add it to the encyclopedia accordingly (i.e., as a raised dragon/hatchie, not an observed dragon/hatchie). That surely cannot be a difficult thing to implement and might have done something to ease the frustration of people seeing all those zeros for breeds they've raised lots of. (Yes, going and clicking on everything on your scroll all over again would be annoying too, but I think it would be a lesser annoyance if the proper credit were given.)

This BIG TIME. smile.gif