TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Booo none of what is on our scrolls PRIOR to the release of the Encyclopedia count, unfortunately.  I did find in checking the lineages of my dragons that those views counted when I clicked on them, that is how I finally got the Black ALTs to show up.

I'm not talking about dragons prior though. I owned 2 Sunset eggs and hatchlings once the encyclopedia was implemented but my stats say 0. They're only counted as adults.

Eggs Owned: 0

Hatchlings Owned: 0

Adults Raised: 2

There is no sunset egg to be unlocked. All you need is hatchies and adults to unlock the info.

user posted image

That there is the problem.

That takes up a lot of time for those of us with several hundred/thousand dragons. Also some of us (like me!) don't like releasing dragons.

I am one of those people with thousands of dragons ;p

I'm not saying you should take up the practice or even that I like it. I just want my dragon numbers to be accurate and don't see a fix happening anytime soon.

Edited by Scrac

I am one of those people with thousands of dragons ;p

I'm not saying you should take up the practice or even that I like it. I just want my dragons owned numbers to be accurate and don't see a fix happening anytime soon.

I think you are confusing encyclopedia with census. I have some silly stats on shadow walkers, look at all those eggs. blink.gif

•Eggs Owned: 225

•Hatchlings Owned: 30

•Adults Raised: 29

•Eggs Observed: 89

•Hatchlings Observed: 146

•Adults Observed: 413

I know I did a lot of catch and release in the AP but I guess it included all the eggs I bred that went to the AP as well. This is just what passed through the scroll since the encyclopedia released. By no means could I have possibly raised that many eggs.

It isn't a census of what is currently on your scroll, there isn't even a line for Adults Owned (raised doesn't mean it is still on your scroll, could be wild or dead). I think if a census is what you want it needs to be another feature and I suspect such a suggestion already has a thread.

I think you are confusing encyclopedia with census. I have some silly stats on shadow walkers, look at all those eggs. blink.gif

I know I did a lot of catch and release in the AP but I guess it included all the eggs I bred that went to the AP as well. This is just what passed through the scroll since the encyclopedia released. By no means could I have possibly raised that many eggs.

It isn't a census of what is currently on your scroll, there isn't even a line for Adults Owned (raised doesn't mean it is still on your scroll, could be wild or dead). I think if a census is what you want it needs to be another feature and I suspect such a suggestion already has a thread.

EXACTLY. An encyclopaedia includes facts that relate to EVERYONE. I do not want or need to know the stats on anyone's scroll but my own, and that info should not be in an encyclopaedia, even if it were only visible to me. It should be separate (and I think there is a thread, but I forget where.)

user posted image

Night Glory Drakes have the same problem as the Sunsets.

And while checking the others out, Imperial Fleshcrownes are listed as "Found in: Forest, Coast, Coast".

Does it bother anyone else that when there are multiple biomes listed, they're not always in the same order as they're listed on the front page? Alpine especially seems to move around the most.

Edited by Moranna

I think you are confusing encyclopedia with census. I have some silly stats on shadow walkers, look at all those eggs.  blink.gif

I know I did a lot of catch and release in the AP but I guess it included all the eggs I bred that went to the AP as well.  This is just what passed through the scroll since the encyclopedia released.  By no means could I have possibly raised that many eggs. 

It isn't a census of what is currently on your scroll, there isn't even a line for Adults Owned (raised doesn't mean it is still on your scroll, could be wild or dead).  I think if a census is what you want it needs to be another feature and I suspect such a suggestion already has a thread.

That was a response to someone else. My question is this:

Just curious, had anyone else taken up the practice of raising messies/fails/inbreds to adulthood then releasing them so you can make your adult totals accurate?
Edited by Scrac

I think you are confusing encyclopedia with census. I have some silly stats on shadow walkers, look at all those eggs.  blink.gif

I know I did a lot of catch and release in the AP but I guess it included all the eggs I bred that went to the AP as well.  This is just what passed through the scroll since the encyclopedia released.  By no means could I have possibly raised that many eggs. 

It isn't a census of what is currently on your scroll, there isn't even a line for Adults Owned (raised doesn't mean it is still on your scroll, could be wild or dead).  I think if a census is what you want it needs to be another feature and I suspect such a suggestion already has a thread.

That is the thing. I also do a LOT of catching and tossing back in the AP, just to see if I can find anything good.

Therefor those totals aren't going to be an accurate reflection of what I have anyway so... no, I don't necessarily keep dragons that I bred that didn't turn out to be what I wanted.

That said, I feel that a scroll census of some kind... separate from the 'unlocking' thing in the Encyclopedia, would be cool. smile.gif

I would like to KNOW how many of each breed I have.

Edited by Silverswift

That was a response to someone else. My question is this:

Just curious, had anyone else taken up the practice of raising messies/fails/inbreds to adulthood then releasing them so you can make your adult totals accurate?

My reply is how can you match what isn't there to match? There isn't an adults owned listing. If you want to raise and release dragons so the raised number equals how many are on your scroll you could. Call it a new play style though I don't think it will catch on with very many people. But what if you miscount and release too many and get the count off in that direction? (Sorry, couldn't resist playing devil's advocate.)

user posted image

Interesting part of that is the Sunrise dragons also have the "Unknown" for the "Found in" heading, but do not have any unlocking unlocking info. I think the entries for the two of them are crossed.

Interesting part of that is the Sunrise dragons also have the "Unknown" for the "Found in" heading, but do not have any unlocking unlocking info. I think the entries for the two of them are crossed.

Funny. My info for Sunrise says that they're found in the Alpine.

Funny. My info for Sunrise says that they're found in the Alpine.

Same here. Once the egg image is unlocked it says Alpine for the location. The Sunset still says unknown and has the mouse-over message to unlock it by owning one egg or observing 5, but all the eggs observed or raised seem to count as Sunrise. huh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I've got two alt vine hatchies, hatched both of them myself, but neither of them have counted towards unlocking their images?

Both should count towards unlocking both sprites according to the mouse-over, or so I thought...

I've got two alt vine hatchies, hatched both of them myself, but neither of them have counted towards unlocking their images?

Both should count towards unlocking both sprites according to the mouse-over, or so I thought...

Pretty sure others had this issue with Yellow Undines because they had already been counted during the egg phase. Not sure if it fixed itself later or not though.

Yes indeed - I have an alt hatchie, AND when mine hatched alt xd.png I have just looked at several others and the mouse over still says I have to own a hatchie (I do) or observe 5 - an I've now viewed MORE THAN THAT sad.gif but that 5 stays there...

I started doing this encyclopedia thing a bit late, so in the past few days I unlocked all observations for the following breeds:

Black dragons

Skywing dragons

Gold dragons

Silver dragons

Copper dragons

Sunrise dragons

Sunset dragons

Deep sea dragons

Water dragons

Pillow dragons

Speckle-throated dragons

Carmine wyverns

Desipis dragons

Blacktip dragons

Spitfire dragons

Hellfire wyverns

Pygmy dragons

Horse dragons

Pink dragons

Purple dragons

White dragons

Harvest dragons

Undead dragons

Neglected dragons

Dorsal dragons

Nebula dragons

Blue-banded dragons

Canopy dragons

Daydream dragons

Ember dragons

Two-headed dragons

Royal blue dragons

Imperial fleshcrowne dragons

Magi dragons

Red dragons

Striped dragons

Waterhorse dragons

Spotted greenwing dragons

Chickens

I had a lot of trouble unlocking the undead, chickens and neglected dragons. God, so much work! ohmy.gif But I can't wait to unlock more breeds when their observations are added! wub.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I'm a little confused. How do I get one egg owned, one adult raised but no hatchlings owned?

I'm a little confused. How do I get one egg owned, one adult raised but no hatchlings owned?

I would GUESS that you had the hatchie when the encyclopaedia was rolled out, and so it didn't count as a new hatchie - but did as a new adult when it grew up ?

I would GUESS that you had the hatchie when the encyclopaedia was rolled out, and so it didn't count as a new hatchie - but did as a new adult when it grew up ?

That would make sense, couldn't figure it out last night. Guess my brain went to bed before I did.

My reply is how can you match what isn't there to match?  There isn't an adults owned listing.  If you want to raise and release dragons so the raised number equals how many are on your scroll you could.  Call it a new play style though I don't think it will catch on with very many people. But what if you miscount and release too many and get the count off in that direction?  (Sorry, couldn't resist playing devil's advocate.)

My responses to your questions are the following:

1. You are incorrect, I clearly have raised more dragons then what I am being told. I would like to match that number, and then my stat can raise normally from there.

2. Then your question is your answer. My own method is raising in batches and then sorting the scroll by age and releasing up to a pre-selected dragon raised before the batch.

Edited by Scrac

I need neglected eggs, if anyone would...

If anyone does, count me in...

At the moment I have a curled alt.black hatchling on my scroll but it has not unlocked the image in the dragon encyclopedia it tells me I can unlock the image after owning 1 hatchling which I have, or observing 5 hatchlings.

I need neglected eggs, if anyone would...

Watch the "Allure of the Neglected Dragons" on Tuesday starting one hour later than it is now, I.e in 4 days 1 hour. Can't promise ofc but I hope there will be ND eggs to view smile.gif