TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

So I wonder how many entries are there in your Encyvlopedia?

144? Or I miss sth?

I think we would all have the same amount of "main" picture dragon images - even if the image isn't "in color" it would be a silhouette so if you've counted 144 I'd go with that.

As far as neglecteds, I have 14 bullet points of info and hope once I get to 200 neg. hatchlings that that's it.

edit: I checked and counted 144

Edited by rubyshoes

I think, for as hard as those are to get, they shouldn't need as high an amount. :c I seriously doubt they are high relative to other species, but that number is still ridiculous. It seems okay for normal rares, but Neggies? :c No.

You're only able to for certain dragons you've raised/seen enough of.

Oh. Yeah. That makes sense. Thanks! (That's what I get for moving my Halloweens back to their usual position on my scroll and not checking them. They're the ones I've observed the most, since I wanted to take the opportunity while available.)

This is a neat feature except for the part where it ignores all my dragons. I don't play much and as soon as my 6 halloween dragons hatch, I will own more of them than each of the 100+ other dragons on my scroll combined. I can see accurate egg counts being an issue, since if I recall correctly you can trade hatchlings, but if someone has a dragon on their scroll it's safe to assume they owned both the adult and hatchling form, barring special cases like zombies.

If the feature is indeed intended to increase clicks, why not remove the category for eggs owned? They're the stage where clicks matter most anyway. Hatchlings wouldn't get many clicks anyway because it's all too easy to find a scroll where somebody's frozen eight billion of them. Adults even more so, plus they don't even need clicks.

I wonder if there's a thread to discuss entries on the Encyclopedia 'cause one for the zombie dragons is... factually erroneous. Assuming of course that dragon eyeballs (zombies ones included) function similarly to the eyeballs of all other creatures in existence...

Oh, now I find it...

Edited by Vain.3805

I wonder if there's a thread to discuss entries on the Encyclopedia 'cause one for the zombie dragons is... factually erroneous. Assuming of course that dragon eyeballs (zombies ones included) function similarly to the eyeballs of all other creatures in existence...

Oh, now I find it...

Oh yeah. That irritated me, too.... (Also, spelling!)

I wonder if there's a thread to discuss entries on the Encyclopedia 'cause one for the zombie dragons is... factually erroneous.  Assuming of course that dragon eyeballs (zombies ones included) function similarly to the eyeballs of all other creatures in existence...

Oh, now I find it...

I don't see anything wrong with "dilate" or "dilated". Dilate (US here) is right and "dilated" is the past-tense of the word. I didn't see you correct it, but I assume you either thought it was suppose to be, "dilute/diluted", but that word/tense means something totally different, as dilute/d means that you add water/solvent to something to make it "weaker". o-o The other I thought was "word choice". I can't really argue on this one since I'm not an expect on that kind of stuff ><;

Edited by Saynna

I don't see anything wrong with "dilate" or "dilated". Dilate (US here) is right and "dilated" is the past-tense of the word. I didn't see you correct it, but I assume you either thought it was suppose to be, "dilute/diluted", but that word/tense means something totally different, as dilute/d means that you add water/solvent to something to make it "weaker". o-o The other I thought was "word choice". I can't really argue on this one since I'm not an expect on that kind of stuff ><;

They elaborate on the other thread, and that's not what they thought it was at all. They note that it should be constrict, not dilate (or dialate, as the Encyclopedia has it now...)

They elaborate on the other thread, and that's not what they thought it was at all. They note that it should be constrict, not dilate (or dialate, as the Encyclopedia has it now...)

Oh I see then smile.gif My bad ^^

They elaborate on the other thread, and that's not what they thought it was at all.  They note that it should be constrict, not dilate (or dialate, as the Encyclopedia has it now...)

Technically this is a bit awkward. "They literally cannot see in all but the dimmest environments." It would be better if it said any rather than all.

Edited by ainisarie

Oh, now I find it...

Yeah, I caught that one a few days ago and made a post in the Grammar Patrol thread about it.

I've been clicking on vampires using either the 'bitten' or the 'bitten by' links, that bring me to the view page but they are not counting. I've clicked on dozens of vampires, but it only says I've only observed six.

What determines if the picture of the dragon shows up in the main Encyclopedia page?

EDIT: Also, does anybody know of someone who has frozen hatchie armies?

Edited by yulerule

I've been clicking on vampires using either the 'bitten' or the 'bitten by' links, that bring me to the view page but they are not counting. I've clicked on dozens of vampires, but it only says I've only observed six.

Try clicking and refreshing to see if that gives you a view or observation.

I think you need to click from the scroll, lineage, or progeny view.

There are certainly some breeds that are very difficult to observe, like Frills, Neglected and Zombies. But it is challenging and entertaining to try to get them. biggrin.gif

I think you need to click from the scroll, lineage, or progeny view.

It takes me to the view page so I would have figured it would work. Looks like it's not counting if I click on the dragons parents from the mother/father link either, even though it goes to the view page. I donno, I'll just keep clicking on wilderness dragons, that seems to work.

with this new feature it seems like since they want everyone on even footing that they should bring back the retired dragons so people can actually see their eggs and raise them for the record

I've almost collected all the Black Dragon! Now it finds egg, Black Dragon Unlocked!

Umm, how is it possible to get the frill dragon eggs/hatchis/mature hatchis? I mean, if someone FROZE them, then you could get the hatchlings, but the eggs would be impossible.

Umm, how is it possible to get the frill dragon eggs/hatchis/mature hatchis? I mean, if someone FROZE them, then you could get the hatchlings, but the eggs would be impossible.

Hatchies are possible, due to frozens, but eggs are impossible. This has been mentioned many times already. The same is true of the Old (Bright) Pink dragons. TJ removed the egg from the Zombie sequence (impossible since no such egg exists) but so far these two remain.

There's been no answer on unlocking frill and bright pink eggs so far....