TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Is it just me, or is the Wilderness broken?!

It's working for me. Are you logged in to DC?

One of the shadows will NEVER be filled in. There is not and has never been a Zombie/Undead dragon egg.

I was hoping to get the old Pink and Frill eggs from the egg Graveyard, but it seems to have disappeared.

So I have absolutely no clue how any of us will ever fill in those particular eggs.

Huh, that's weird. Hope there'll be something to amend that.

I've actually never had the Graveyard work?

What a wonderful addition!! I enjoy creating families so my scroll had many different stages of dragons, if anyone wants to unlock stages.

I stumbled across the encyclopedia before I knew of this thread. Thank-you VERY much to TJ and all those who helped him. Well done!

It might have been asked, but how are we going to be able to unlock the eggs for dragons that were no longer breedable? I remember they switched from having the hot pink girl dragons to the lighter pink ones.

you cant

Massive thanks to everyone for pulling together on this!

I've been to a lot of your scrolls and now I'm in the lovely position of being almost complete.

I'm just short of holiday hatchies that can't be had yet and the gold snowangel. Clicked on 78 of them but the gold still eludes me!

Guess I start on the eggs now! What a week!

Feel free to click on my scroll if it can help. smile.gif

I remember when I was working on the black dragons, I'd look back and be like "what the hey, the number of hatchlings didn't move / got higher!", and then I'd realize a few new facts had quietly shown up to prove I'd made progress. If anyone has the data for how many hatchlings balloons or blacks claimed to require, maybe they can let me know? I can give my hatchling numbers on both and see if they're lower than that.

I just thought that was an indicator that when you're done with the hatchling observing/owning task, you'd have gotten an adult observing/owning task, and all tasks are open in parallel, but only only is shown at the bottom (the one the encyclopaedia assumes is the next easiest one).

One of the shadows will NEVER be filled in. There is not and has never been a Zombie/Undead dragon egg.

There's no shadow for it, either.

And frills are slated for re-release (apparently? I don't know if that's still current, it got quiet about the topic, but hope so). I don't know about old pinks, but am tentatively using the enyclopaedia as a hinthintnudgenudge that they're coming back, too.

Edited by pinkgothic

I wish we could unlock everything, even how the dragons got dressed for various events and how the old sprites of dragons looked like or all of this is already in it?

When exactly does a breed go from locked (shadow) to unlocked (showing) in the list.

I have 'unlocked' striped and brute but i don't know when or why. the pics on the breed page are all shadows. :s

Is there an indicated that shows that you have all the information for a certain breed? Because I've unlocked the images of Golds and Silvers and I have tons of information for them but the bars keeps telling me I need to observe more and more (mind you, 20 more hatchlings...). So I was wondering if there is an indicator that could tell you that you are all good. I'm stuck doing the rare types but they keep demanding more and more observation. This ordeal is getting really tiresome.

Is there an indicated that shows that you have all the information for a certain breed? Because I've unlocked the images of Golds and Silvers and I have tons of information for them but the bars keeps telling me I need to observe more and more (mind you, 20 more hatchlings...). So I was wondering if there is an indicator that could tell you that you are all good. I'm stuck doing the rare types but they keep demanding more and more observation. This ordeal is getting really tiresome.

It does go in steps. Each time it resets, you have more info to unlock. When you are done with a given breed it will say "You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed."

I have a tiny question/ statement.

I have the following ' shadowed':

Holiday Dragon (2013),

Imperial Flesh - crowne Dragon,

Neglected Dragon,

Paper Dragon,

Radiant Angel Dragon,

Ultraviolet Dragon,

( All of the dinos but the red one)

Now the question is.....

Why, after spending hours clicking those types of dragons, eggs, hatch-lings and all, is the encyclopedia not counting the stats and gathering the information?

EDIT: And why, even tho i have clicked the Old Pinks, the Red Dinos and the dragon next to the Ultraviolet, dose the shadow stay a light shaded colour?

Edited by Taryn123

This is really cool, the way the encyclopedia works, as best I can tell.

After you open up the encyclopedia page by viewing a dragon type, you have to click or own each sprite of the type (including eggs) a minimum number of times to unlock them.

After doing so, not only does that sprite type become unshaded in the encyclopedia, but there's a link for any dragon of that sprite that you view going back to the encyclopedia page.

<3 TJ for putting this out!

One teensy question: is there any way that those owning dragons before the encyclopedia came out can click something to get credit for owning them now?

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

This is really cool, the way the encyclopedia works, as best I can tell.

After you open up the encyclopedia page by viewing a dragon type, you have to click or own each sprite of the type (including eggs) a minimum number of times to unlock them.

After doing so, not only does that sprite type become unshaded in the encyclopedia, but there's a link for any dragon of that sprite that you view going back to the encyclopedia page.

<3 TJ for putting this out!

One teensy question: is there any way that those owning dragons before the encyclopedia came out can click something to get credit for owning them now?

This AND... It would be nice if breed tags appeared on ALL dragons, not just those ones caught now.

Can't wait for the rest to get information! :F Seriously wanting the Black Marrow and V-day dragon lore.

I was hoping to get the old Pink and Frill eggs from the egg Graveyard, but it seems to have disappeared.

So I have absolutely no clue how any of us will ever fill in those particular eggs.

Graveyard works for me, but I can only see eggs that are deceased today. So no hope in finding Old pink or Frill eggs there.

I really wish there was a place where we could go and be able to click those missing eggs. Perhaps a place at the corner of the graveyard?

Edited by Rowan

The graveyard's been blank for me - I'm thinking it's my PC now if others can see dead eggs?

All this clicking to full out the encyclopedia is gonna give me Carpal Tunnel, I swear...

Oh well. If anyone wants to fill out theirs, feel free to head over to my scroll and click away. (It's the same as my username.)

Also, does anyone have advice for getting images of the rarer hatchlings, like GoNs???

The graveyard's been blank for me - I'm thinking it's my PC now if others can see dead eggs?

Weird... now the graveyard went blank for me too... earlier today I saw dead eggs and tomstones there.

So I now think of the adults on click sites as bonuses, rather than simply something to be cleared out.

I've also noticed that my eggs and hatchlings are getting significantly more clicks than they did before this feature came out.

Glad that I could help!

Is littleblackdog the reason for that insane "raise 80 or view 400" chickens requirement?!?

Going down his scroll, I'm using the number of views like their names, to keep track of which one I looked at last.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

I didn't see anything in the graveyard yesterday either

I found the graveyard just as the change to invisibility yesterday, bookmaked it, and now I can't find it again - help please wah!

mm, I think the tooltip on the zombie dragon page needs to be fixed, the location mentions that you need to own or observe eggs.... there are no Zombie eggs, last I checked?