TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Looking at the AP times, I timed my blacktip massbreed perfectly to knock times back down. They should be reaching the AP within the next couple of hours, the leading edge is at 4d21h right now.

If anyone has the time and the dragons for it, I could use some help with Aeon breeding. Thanks in advance!

(I'm trying for a 2G Prize from Aeon for two weeks now, and I've only gotten fails.)

@Keileon I bred a couple of Aeons with Celestials to help my odds a little; I hope it helps this week.

Edited by obelisk_light

Aeons are notoriously bad breeders and already rare-- this might be something you just have to keep trying.

Just mass bred all my reds, some great, some messy, some useful.  There should be about 90 of them when they hit. The current cave time is 4 days 10 hours.

Just sent 18 Red eggs to the AP, either PB or with Halloween mates, all 2nd gens or EGs. It will be a while before they show up. ;)

This one's a baby wall, only 280ish eggs, and all nice clean lineages. It should clear in maybe 5 hours, tops. :P

With the wall under 4 hours now, at 3d,21h when I looked just now, any hatchlings stuck in there are at risk of growing up and heading into the wilderness.

And of course, I'm scroll-locked.

Edited by dragongrrl
adding comment.

I don't think hatchies are in much danger out of holiday season, hatcheries aren't as filled with people giving views, and less people are tossing hatchies in general.

Gonna agree with Tinibree, worrying about hatchlings growing up behind a wall is pretty much a nonissue outside of the holidays and holiday aftermath. You don't see any concern when the AP hits below 4d without a wall, so it's just an excuse to argue against walls imo.

Does wall only refer to eggs of the same type?

Just bred about 300 eggs (all EG except a few mistakes I made) into the AP, but they're various types, does that count as wall? Massbreeding?

This took me like one and a half hour too...a lot longer than I'd expected 

46 minutes ago, IOU said:

Does wall only refer to eggs of the same type?

Yes. So a nice variety of EGs will be welcome, thank you!

9 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

With the wall under 4 hours now, at 3d,21h when I looked just now, any hatchlings stuck in there are at risk of growing up and heading into the wilderness.

And of course, I'm scroll-locked.

When I hatch and dump the hatchlings back in to the AP, I take them out of hatcheries first, so they don't continue to gain views while they are waiting to reach the front page. That way, they shouldn't grow up before landing on a scroll.

4 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

When I hatch and dump the hatchlings back in to the AP, I take them out of hatcheries first, so they don't continue to gain views while they are waiting to reach the front page. That way, they shouldn't grow up before landing on a scroll.

You know the game so well, but not everyone understands the way these things work. Earlier yesterday, I had a 4 day hatchling grow up as soon as it landed on my scroll. If its time had been lower, it would have gone to the wilderness.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, dragongrrl said:

You know the game so well, but not everyone understands the way these things work. Earlier yesterday, I had a 4 day hatchling grow up as soon as it landed on my scroll. If its time had been lower, it would have gone to the wilderness.

That's not quite how it works-- it grew up as soon as it got a view, which it got by landing on your scroll and being viewed by you.

6 minutes ago, Keileon said:

That's not quite how it works-- it grew up as soon as it got a view, which it got by landing on your scroll and being viewed by you.

But it does work that way. I land eggs and hatchlings on my scroll, eggs with 0 views, 0 unique views and 0 clicks, and they remain that way until I add them to a fan site. I know how to avoid views and clicks on my scroll, having raised nearly 2000 dragons with 0 clicks. I fog them before I view them to keep my numbers down. They do not receive views while fogged. This Black dragon, I managed to fog it at first and when I went to unfog an hour later to add to an ER, it immediately grew up. It received no views from me. It did have 2 clicks when I caught it, but none from me.

43 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

But it does work that way. I land eggs and hatchlings on my scroll, eggs with 0 views, 0 unique views and 0 clicks, and they remain that way until I add them to a fan site. I know how to avoid views and clicks on my scroll, having raised nearly 2000 dragons with 0 clicks. I fog them before I view them to keep my numbers down. They do not receive views while fogged. This Black dragon, I managed to fog it at first and when I went to unfog an hour later to add to an ER, it immediately grew up. It received no views from me. It did have 2 clicks when I caught it, but none from me.

There are two kinds of "views" on Dragon Cave - it's a bit difficult to talk about them unambiguously, but basically, there's a view that counts toward the view statistic, and there's a regular view, i.e. when you load the sprite somewhere. The situation Keileon describes needs only the second type of view (though Keileon may not realise it). You give that kind of view by visiting /dragons, for example. (By coincidence, it also sometimes counts toward the stats, but that's a bug.)

Right, basically, that second type of view "refreshes" the dragon to make it check whether it should grow up, which actually recently caused some issues during the HalloWall where things were growing up wild when caught because loading the sprite caused the dragon to grow up before the site realized that it belonged to the person who caught it. That's a glitch though, and not really an issue outside of a holiday because it was most likely caused by traffic-induced lag.

tl;dr: outside of extreme cases like holidays, multi-day walls, and high-profile offspring like Thuweds and Spriter alts that get added to hatcheries, hatchlings growing up wild is not a widespread issue and should not normally be a concern.

I've never posted here before but hey.... incoming wall of roughly 600 birthday stripes.... enjoy. 😁

Just bred all my reds again, even the messy ones are useful so, no harm, no foul.

If anyone wants to join in, several of us on the Unofficial DC Discord are breeding Waters for a friend's birthday today!  Everyone who wishes to is welcome to contribute some more wet noodles :lol:.

Could need some help with ratios. I need a Nocturne and a Flamingo from coded pairs. But all these two throw are Red-finned Tidals on the one pair and Sinii Krais for the other.

So if anyone is willing to help, please send some Sinii Krais and Tidals to the ap the next hours. Thank you!

I just realized it's probably time to stop breeding for the AP, since holiday breeding will start in around 2.5 days, and with the AP time around 4.5 days, eggs bred from now on might die behind the holiday wall.

(... Wait, it's December? Where did this year go? ... Oh, right. Miss Rona ate it.)

At long last I have gotten the final Dorsal from Leodon I've needed. My thanks to everyone that ever bred leos for me.