TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

20 minutes ago, sorenna said:

(And, as useful as this thread can be, the way everybody uses Celestials for every massbreed really gets frustrating sometimes; no wonder I can't get any from my own lineages, if people are massbreeding them continuously!  Please, people, give Celestials a break?  Some of us like them and would like to be able to breed them for actual projects to keep.)   Since I can't breed any pairs again till ~May 7, I guess it could be worse timing.  😕

celestials tend to frustrate me to use for lineages because of their mechanic, sorry that i seem to be impeding on your lineages :( i just dont have a ton of cbs of most other breeds to breed to even things out, so celestials give the most results out of the few i do have 😧

i did only get ONE celestial egg out of all my pairings, though. so, theres that. 

9 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

ive had similar luck with this same pairing before, though i havent had as many tries XD they seem to be really stubborn...

speaking of celestials though, breeding my celestials to labras right now, just a heads up~

edit: 17 labra eggs to the AP, @Falorni this should help the both of us, i hope :P 

Funnily enough I finally got the Venturis I needed yesterday :P  Thank you all!

12 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

celestials tend to frustrate me to use for lineages because of their mechanic, sorry that i seem to be impeding on your lineages :( i just dont have a ton of cbs of most other breeds to breed to even things out, so celestials give the most results out of the few i do have 😧

i did only get ONE celestial egg out of all my pairings, though. so, theres that. 

I know they're convenient, I just wish that they weren't being so heavily overbred by so many massbreeders.  The month-long cooldown is enough of a challenge; overbreeding just adds one more hurdle to something that's already tricky!  One Celestial egg out of a dozen breedings is... not a good indicator for my chances, though it's about what I expect based on my last 2-3 rounds of breeding.  Maybe it will improve by May, though, when I do my next round.

I use holidays a lot for massbreeding, since that way I don't have to worry about the relative rarity of each breed.  Especially Halloweens, since we can have lots of them.  Oh, and Aeons, since they're so sought-after that they almost never give Aeon eggs (and if they do, somebody will be thrilled to find one in the AP no matter what lineage it has). 

Edited by sorenna

Sent April 21

9 misc eggs

18 red eggs

to the ap

April 22

5 purple

5 pink

1 aeon

16 misc

Edited by Doll_81

On 4/18/2021 at 10:54 PM, sorenna said:

(And, as useful as this thread can be, the way everybody uses Celestials for every massbreed really gets frustrating sometimes; no wonder I can't get any from my own lineages, if people are massbreeding them continuously!  Please, people, give Celestials a break?  Some of us like them and would like to be able to breed them for actual projects to keep.)   Since I can't breed any pairs again till ~May 7, I guess it could be worse timing.  😕

Oh my gosh, yes. Please, do give Celestials a break. Although I recently had one of them breed with a Prize line, so two of them will show up in the AP at some point along with one Prize. Nothing quite as useless as an AP full of Celestial fails ...

On 4/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, ferdelance said:

Anybody up for a mass-breeding of Freckled dragons later this month?  I've got a project that requires several Gold Lunars from Freckleds, and with the longer cooldown on Lunars I have been stuck for so long on most of them because all I get are Freckled eggs and then I have to wait almost a month to breed again! 

Next Gold phase starts evening of April 26th, so maybe the weekend before that (Sat 4/24 + Sun 4/25, + on into the daytime hours of 4/26 if people want) for Freckled breeding?

Bumping this down a bit, since I asked so early!  Would anyone be up for a mass breeding of Freckled dragons this weekend?  (With anything but Lunar Herald or Green partners.  :P  Since I need those types of eggs from my Freckleds.)   I'll breed all my spare Freckleds, but I only have about a dozen, so any and all help is appreciated!

Editing to add: If anyone uses Discord and wouldn't mind passing this on to other massbreeders there, I'd appreciate it!  I have never quite got the hang of Discord, so I can't invite them personally, but they are very welcome to join in!

Edited by ferdelance

12 hours ago, ferdelance said:

Bumping this down a bit, since I asked so early!  Would anyone be up for a mass breeding of Freckled dragons this weekend?  (With anything but Lunar Herald or Green partners.  :P  Since I need those types of eggs from my Freckleds.)   I'll breed all my spare Freckleds, but I only have about a dozen, so any and all help is appreciated!

Editing to add: If anyone uses Discord and wouldn't mind passing this on to other massbreeders there, I'd appreciate it!  I have never quite got the hang of Discord, so I can't invite them personally, but they are very welcome to join in!

Sent 13 or 14 Freckles to the AP

edit didn’t catch the lunar part. 
I bred freckle to freckle. But there are a few that I bred that are freckle to random. 

if you remember me next month I can do them to the lunar I do have.

still hope I was of help. 

Edited by Doll_81

I bred all of my Stratos to the AP just before the release began. Have fun with that when they all arrive.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, Doll_81 said:

Sent 13 or 14 Freckles to the AP

edit didn’t catch the lunar part. 
I bred freckle to freckle. But there are a few that I bred that are freckle to random. 

if you remember me next month I can do them to the lunar I do have.

still hope I was of help. 

No, no worries, you read it right the first time!  :) 

Thank you everyone who assisted with Freckles!  I successfully bred one egg I needed, though I still got Freckles from a couple of other pairs I needed different breeds from.  I will try again next month!

Requesting an Astaarus massbreed in the next week or two, since I've been struggling getting Antareans out of them.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:11 AM, Keileon said:

Requesting an Astaarus massbreed in the next week or two, since I've been struggling getting Antareans out of them.

I can help with this - I'm actually working on an Astaarus lineage project and will be breeding a LOT of them on the 7th-8th!

On 4/29/2021 at 5:11 AM, Keileon said:

Gonna breed my Astaasus, Carina, Elux Lucis, & Nebula for Star Wars Day, today.  Anyone wants to join in, or add any space-themed dergs they can think of, feel free.

May the Fourth be with you

Is it possible to request a massbreed of Venturis? Does the timing relative to my next breeding (likely early May 13) make a huge difference?

image.png.268d7eb259d7b4e7c9f25a026f1f6dcd.png

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

@Awdz Bodkins Just sent 13 Venturis and 1 Crystalline egg to the AP XD

17 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Does the timing relative to my next breeding (likely early May 13) make a huge difference?

Of course! It should happen before your breeding! XD And max. 1 year in advance, if I recall correctly. Supposedly, ratios only take the last 1 year into account, I remember reading somewhere.

4 hours ago, PonyTales said:

Bred another 300+ PB & EG pink eggs to the AP, pick them up in a few days :)

these are much appreciated! 🧡

I bred 20 AeonxSapphire 2G Pink Sapphires to the AP the other day!  :)  Hope those who catch them enjoy them!

Are there any plans to have a MassBreed of Sapphires in the near future? Someone suggested it in the new release thread and since the Pink Sapphs are so damned hard to catch, maybe a MassBreed would help.

7 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Are there any plans to have a MassBreed of Sapphires in the near future? Someone suggested it in the new release thread and since the Pink Sapphs are so damned hard to catch, maybe a MassBreed would help.

Don't know about mass-breed plans, but I've already done two rounds of breeding and abandoning nearly all the CB Sapphires on my scroll!  If anyone wants to do a mass-breed, I'm happy to join as long as it's far enough ahead that mine are off cooldown.

I always forget to keep track of when things come off breeding cooldown, but it looks like I have a decent amount of Sapphires available at the moment so I'll do a mini-breeding-spree in the morning and send everything to the AP. (In about 10-11 hours from this post, if anyone wants to track AP times...)