TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Assuming that the AP stays the same for Valentine's, it's just a little over a week before I start breeding for the next mass AP neglecting batch. Please PM me if you would like to help contribute to the massbreed. Breeding will take part at 2-3 PM DC time, probably around the 11th. More details will be given in PMs.

Since I discovered this page (https://dragcave.net/random/pair) I sometimes mass breed on impulse...But for now never did with a specific species. It's very funny when you see several eggs of the same species on the AP though

Edited by Glaciarie

Taking aim at blacktip ratios again, but trying something a bit different (and hopefully less annoying to everybody else.) Bred 100 pairs today, going to breed the next 100 tomorrow, and so on. The majority will be either PB 2g, or at least PBs, but once I run out of those the end-of-week pairings will probably be messies x holidays. Eventually I'll have enough CB/PB pairs to do it with JUST those, but not quite there yet.

Earlier today I bred my many CB Stratos and CB Celestials. I have noticed some people have started making checkers out of their children. Normally I only announce their arrival in Discord, but figured hey, if people seem to really like Stratos a lot (they always seem to go so quickly) and that pair specifically, look out for them. Every single egg is a 2G.

I bred a bunch of 2G Nocturne x Celestial eggs (an 8G's worth of CBs-- I really need to get on starting the checker for real) and then bred all my PB Spinels directly after. That's a couple hundred of all three involved breeds, I think, just a couple of small armies.

We're breeding things that give purple-colored eggs for a friend's birthday.  Feel free to join in (or complain about it if that's your jam) B)

Purple colored egg-giving breeds, for those who wanted a list -
Astaarus
Bauta
Blancblack
Dorsal (both red & purple can throw either)
Dusk pygmy (Nilia x Crimson Wyvern)
Floret (both purple & gold can throw either)
Galvanic
Hellhorse (Hellfire x Horse)
Horse
Jester (Bauta x Blancblack)
Mimic pygmy
Mistra
Nebula
Nhiostrife
Purple
Ridgewing (both purple & tan can throw either)
Rift

Script
Staterae
Sunrise/set
Ultraviolet (Spitfire x Purple)
Two-Headed Lindwyrm (Alpine only)
Umbra
Xol

Edited by Sunrunner

Bred a bunch of Galvanics, Rifts, Florets, & Nhiostrifes for the birthday bash!  Hope your friend enjoys purplemania.  :)

Edited by sorenna

Dropped 2nd gens, 15 Red Carpet Reds, 8 Pinks and 5 Magis to the AP, also 1 3rd gen PB Pink.

I may breed some more bsa babies later today.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:18 AM, Glaciarie said:

Since I discovered this page (https://dragcave.net/random/pair) I sometimes mass breed on impulse...But for now never did with a specific species. It's very funny when you see several eggs of the same species on the AP though

A bit late to reply here, but Oh My Goodness! I had no idea that page existed! That is soooo cool..... *gets urge to breed randomly*

On 2/5/2021 at 6:18 AM, Glaciarie said:

First time I've seen this page too!

At least it allows me to check the pair to see if I really want them to breed. I went ahead with the first one but the response was no egg. The next 4 combos, NO. I couldn't inflict them on anyone, although messy lovers would have liked them. I just can't send messies to the AP.

I just sent 106 Red-finned Tidal eggs to the AP. Hope this helps the person who is trying to get a Deep Sea from Tidal.

(And I hope the AP display change prevents it from being too annyoing for everybody else!)

i finally got around to sorting my unpaired terrae and sent about 100 even gen or pb eggs to the ap. hope someone other than me will appreciate!

27 minutes ago, steeve said:

i finally got around to sorting my unpaired terrae and sent about 100 even gen or pb eggs to the ap. hope someone other than me will appreciate!

Ahhhh *scribbles note*  Save eggslots, hunt AP...

Actually, now that I'm just over a week into my near-daily 100 blacktip breedings project, I wouldn't mind some feedback from folks on the AP impact. Like, which is more frustrating to deal with? Having these near-daily mini-walls partially clogging the AP, or having less frequent (say weekly) but larger walls that potentially clog the entire AP due to people checking and chucking wall eggs? I am trying to find a decent compromise between "punching the crud out of the ratios" and "annoying the crud out of everyone else in the process." So that sort of feedback would be handy.

18 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Ahhhh *scribbles note*  Save eggslots, hunt AP...

thank goodness someone other than me loves seeing terrae eggs! wish more people would massbreed them! i've yet to see a wall...

8 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Actually, now that I'm just over a week into my near-daily 100 blacktip breedings project, I wouldn't mind some feedback from folks on the AP impact. Like, which is more frustrating to deal with? Having these near-daily mini-walls partially clogging the AP, or having less frequent (say weekly) but larger walls that potentially clog the entire AP due to people checking and chucking wall eggs? I am trying to find a decent compromise between "punching the crud out of the ratios" and "annoying the crud out of everyone else in the process." So that sort of feedback would be handy.

as someone who exclusively gets eggs from the ap (too lazy to wait those 7 days...) i think near-daily mini-walls would be the best option. i (personally) don't mind either, but i think the mini-wall would be better for those who hate walls, since with the update there's a large chance there'll be other eggs. but also do what's more convenient for you, since it's just a game : )

12 hours ago, steeve said:

thank goodness someone other than me loves seeing terrae eggs! wish more people would massbreed them! i've yet to see a wall...

Hmm... I'll soon be done with a large PB project I was working on and didn't have any plans other than some smaller checkers and such, perhaps I will do a large terrae PB project. They are one of my favs (I love green and nature) and should be common enough that hunting CBs won't be frustrating. 

21 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

I don't mind walls either way, people pushing down the AP times makes me happy. But all things being equal, I'd prefer the shorter walls. 

On 3/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, Firefury Amahira said:

I'm admittedly biased since I never minded walls much but I'd honestly prefer a larger weekly one to push down AP times a bit

Thank you to whoever bred a bunch of magi dragons! It was much appreciated. 💙

Hi, could I ask that you breed your labradorites and venturis to the AP please? I am in need of some ratio help (it may take ... some time -- I need a black from both for the bottom part of a heart lineage). Thanks in advance!

Edited by Astiana2011

On 3/8/2021 at 5:25 PM, Astiana2011 said:

Hi, could I ask that you breed your labradorites and venturis to the AP please? I am in need of some ratio help (it may take ... some time -- I need a black from both for the bottom part of a heart lineage). Thanks in advance!

i do this on occasion with my celestials, because im wokring on a lineage that requires me to breed WHITES with LABRAS... my mistake for choosing that pairing. ugh. i think they're on cooldown right now, but i dont have many to begin with. but i do this when they're off cooldown :) 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Can I get an Astaarus massbreed, please? :) I need a few ratio breaks pretty bad.

143 pairs bred, with 103 BSA, Seasonal, or Stripe 2nd gen eggs from named parents dropped to the AP tonight:

1 Bolt, 

3 Greens, along with 5 Geodes, 1 Frost

1 Ice

12 Magi,  along with 1 Mageia Xeno, 1 Water

3 Magma

13 Pinks

13 Purples, along with 1 Anagallis, 2 Ultraviolets

18 Reds, and 1 Waterhorse

14 Spring Seasonals

9 Stripes

4 Whites

Only my 3 Thunder pairs refused to drop anything and I have no cb Aeons yet. I always love to see these babies named.

Happy hunting!

And apologies! Not all are second gens. Some of the CB Magis, Pinks and Purples have old mates from staircase lines or a couple of fairly messy lines. It won't affect the BSA though. :)

Edited by dragongrrl
Clarification