TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

@Tinibree I just sent four Leodons (and one rogue Aether) to the AP.

I'm trying for a Prize x Script pairing in a couple of days, so I could use some help with a Script massbreed. Thanks in advance, everyone. 

18 hours ago, obelisk_light said:

I'm trying for a Prize x Script pairing in a couple of days, so I could use some help with a Script massbreed. Thanks in advance, everyone. 

Any particular lineage/generation you're after besides script x prize [my prizes are tied up right now with other requests - but I've quite a few scripts I don't mind breeding]?

4 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Bred about 90 pairs of script x celestial, in case script x prize still needs help :v

Wow, thanks a lot! (And yes, I will need all the help I can get with any Prize x common if my luck is anything to go by.)

image.png.1c26823a2a2b7d14a334c8e1a7be3388.png

Sent 60 PB (3rd gen and up) Red-Finned Tidals to the AP.

(I think I'll wait an hour or so before breeding the CBs so there'll be some other things on the AP in between. Breed all your non-Tidals now to break the wall!  :) )

Update:

52 PB 2nd gen Tidals sent to the AP.

Edited by Confused Cat

Just finished yeeting 338 eggs at the AP. 337 of them are either PB 2G blacktips, 2G blacktips with holiday mates, PB 3G blacktips, PB 4G blacktips, 1 PB 5G blacktip...

... And one 2G gold from blacktip, go figure!

Perhaps some messy massbreeds of more obscure morphologies to help us zombie collectors out? :P most of mine are CB and uncooperative

Hello again everyone, if you have time to kill, some leodon breeding would be nice to see if I can't get the right egg before halloween lol.

9 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Hello again everyone, if you have time to kill, some leodon breeding would be nice to see if I can't get the right egg before halloween lol.

Sent out 9 Leodons into the world :)

18 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I sent 5 Leodons and 1 Celestial to the AP.

I mostly don't mind the massbreeds, but I wish they would STOP massbreeding everything with Celestials!  It's playing merry cob with my attempt to do a Celestial lineage, and those buggers are annoying enough already with the month-long cooldown.  I've done 15+ breedings for this project over the last month and gotten ONE Celestial egg for all my pains! 

6 hours ago, sorenna said:

I mostly don't mind the massbreeds, but I wish they would STOP massbreeding everything with Celestials!  It's playing merry cob with my attempt to do a Celestial lineage, and those buggers are annoying enough already with the month-long cooldown.  I've done 15+ breedings for this project over the last month and gotten ONE Celestial egg for all my pains! 

I too have noticed that celestial breeding is generally poor lately. Its mostly no egg or just one, even with common pairs. 

I just sent these hybrids to AP, and the non hybrid stuff that came within breeding:

1 Soulpeace

1 Jester

5 Amaelthans

2 Ultraviolets

3 Shallow waters

5 Blunas

2 Storm riders

2 Carinas

2 Geodes

1 Risensong

1 Setsong

2 Hellhorses

and 3 avatars.

The pygmies were stubborn, they didn't give anything.

It took like an hour to breed all of the possible dragons, but I hope some of you enjoy these!

Some are prettier lines than others, but these are so scarce in AP anyway so I'll guess they go fast.

I woudn't mind if some of you bred more hybrids, as well. :P

I'm not entirely sure if my eggs will make it to viewable existence due to the incoming holiday week, but I'm sending 2-heads, drakes, and pygmies off to the AP. Most of them are PB, some of them would be checkers.  Lineage aside, I hope it makes it for people's zombie fodder stashes! 

5 hours ago, Sashimi said:

I just sent these hybrids to AP, and the non hybrid stuff that came within breeding:

It took like an hour to breed all of the possible dragons, but I hope some of you enjoy these!

Some are prettier lines than others, but these are so scarce in AP anyway so I'll guess they go fast.

I woudn't mind if some of you bred more hybrids, as well. :P

This might not have been the bestest of ideas, to do a massbreeding of stuff you mean to be gathered by people right before the Halloween wall.

Let's hope eggs get picked up fast enough for these to show up!

9 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I too have noticed that celestial breeding is generally poor lately. Its mostly no egg or just one, even with common pairs. 

Yes, it's driving me nuts!  Please, massbreeders, mix things up and use another common breed instead of the same one every time; you've got to realize that that's skewing the Celestial ratio as well as whatever you're breeding them to!  (Can I suggest Freckleds?  I bred a bunch of Leodons for the AP and every time I crossed one with Freckled I got a Freckled egg instead, so they need to be taken down a peg or two!)

Some Halloween AP predictions:

Eggs that are bred and abandoned now will probably die behind the wall of Holiday eggs (unless TJ makes changes to how the AP works).

So now is the time to stop intentionally sending pretty things to the AP for others to find.

If the trend continues according to the last few years, the Halloween wall will end on the 6th or 7th, and the "normal" AP time will go up to influenceable around a day later. Which means it would be best to resume breeding for the AP around the 4th, but no sooner because eggs would become uninfluenceable.

(Again, this is assuming TJ does not change the way the AP works, and also assuming the number of active players has not changed more than in previous years. And of course the post-Halloween AP might also be uninfluenceable for a much longer time if a Blacktip/Nocturne/... massbreeding happens at some point.)

On 10/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

This might not have been the bestest of ideas, to do a massbreeding of stuff you mean to be gathered by people right before the Halloween wall.

Let's hope eggs get picked up fast enough for these to show up!

Oh right, didn't remember the breeding starts earlier than the actual event/halloween..

Well, there is a chance they drop into AP tomorrow, if people pick up enough eggs.

I am always the most active on halloween and christmas and I almost every time make this mistake. xd

(should have learnt by now.)

On 10/23/2020 at 9:16 AM, Confused Cat said:

If the trend continues according to the last few years, the Halloween wall will end on the 6th or 7th, and the "normal" AP time will go up to influenceable around a day later. Which means it would be best to resume breeding for the AP around the 4th, but no sooner because eggs would become uninfluenceable.

[...] And of course the post-Halloween AP might also be uninfluenceable for a much longer time if a Blacktip/Nocturne/... massbreeding happens at some point.)

I should do election predictions. :P

(Let's hope the Nocturne wall is not too big. I mean I want the AP time to stay low, too, but not this low!)

On 10/23/2020 at 12:16 AM, Confused Cat said:

(Again, this is assuming TJ does not change the way the AP works, and also assuming the number of active players has not changed more than in previous years. And of course the post-Halloween AP might also be uninfluenceable for a much longer time if a Blacktip/Nocturne/... massbreeding happens at some point.)

T H E Y ' R E C O M I N G

... Actually, this might have to be the last time I use celestials in a blacktip massbreed. 600 pairs into 1800+ at the moment and I've produced more celestial eggs than blacktip eggs! They're currently very close to an even 50/50 split for like, the first time ever!

3 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

T H E Y ' R E C O M I N G

... Actually, this might have to be the last time I use celestials in a blacktip massbreed. 600 pairs into 1800+ at the moment and I've produced more celestial eggs than blacktip eggs! They're currently very close to an even 50/50 split for like, the first time ever!

Oh, I hope so!  For your sake and for mine.   :P

I'm afraid all the Celestial mass-breeding in October has been driving me crazy - I've got a lineage going with Celestials and out of 25 breedings I've received ONE Celestial egg; my lineage project is at a standstill and those things take FOREVER to be able to re-breed! 

(May I suggested Freckled or Tetra or Skywing as a Celestial replacement?  Lately every time I cross something I want with one of those, I get those instead of the other breed...) 

Well, out of the 1000 blacktip x celestial pairings, I actually got more celestial eggs than I did blacktip eggs! Not many more, it was pretty much a 50/50 split. Granted, I have about 800 more blacktips than I do celestials, so the final massbreed count still skews toward the salty eggs. Got 1360 blacktips, 905 celestials, and 16 randoms in the AP queue!

Only took me... basically all day.

6 hours ago, sorenna said:

(May I suggested Freckled or Tetra or Skywing as a Celestial replacement?  Lately every time I cross something I want with one of those, I get those instead of the other breed...) 

If people don't use Celestials for massbreeds, they'll be using holidays, metals, and prizes.

The reason Celestials are used is because they multiclutch and will generally give more eggs of the target breed (Nocturnes, Blacktips, etc). If Celestials aren't used, it's ideal to use breeds that can't or are unlikely to produce themselves-- holidays and rares. Using very common dragons as a Celestial replacement defeats the purpose-- it's better to just massbreed those dragons directly.