Jump to content
TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Recommended Posts

I think you all outdid yourselves this time! I am saddened by all the lovely checkers in the AP that cannot be influenced correctly. :( Some of us care about that sort of thing. It is bad enough to have it happen already 3 times a year after the holiday walls, without artificially creating it. Please don't do this again. I really don't ordinarily mind the walls, or I have learned to live with them. And it is nice to see the wide variety in the AP now, but this is all just too much. And @Lunaflare rare lineages with too little time to influence would be even more heartbreaking. Save your rare breedings for a time when the AP needs them!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I think you all outdid yourselves this time! I am saddened by all the lovely checkers in the AP that cannot be influenced correctly. :( Some of us care about that sort of thing. It is bad enough to have it happen already 3 times a year after the holiday walls, without artificially creating it. Please don't do this again. I really don't ordinarily mind the walls, or I have learned to live with them. And it is nice to see the wide variety in the AP now, but this is all just too much. And @Lunaflare rare lineages with too little time to influence would be even more heartbreaking. Save your rare breedings for a time when the AP needs them!

Can not say it better!

So many checkers wrong gender ( the reason i am out of Aeon's 1/30 ), that i want to cry, poor baby's. This is the reason i do not breeded mine from 2 weeks. May be after we got under 4d AP will be suitable moment to breed. For now lets keep breeding for our selfs, or trades ( exp several BSA a doped to the AP for new players help ). 

Edited by Alesita

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Yup to many walls to soon ,along with new release is 🤦🏻‍♀️ Plus refreshing and seeing the small eggs I can’t tell if it refresh or lag -.-  course that’s lock me up within mins ,we need more hatchling slots if wall keep appearing like this 😅

Edited by Lysian

Share this post


Link to post

I have to say, I've learned to live with the walls most of the time, but not being able to influence anything in the AP is really hindering me. Checkers, CBs, even messies need influences if I'm going to work on my scroll goals, and I've been unable to influence anything out of the AP in several days now. It's frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post

Meanwhile I'm still just in "burn the AP" mode, but we seem to not be able to keep it under 2 days for long XD

 

(I'm not massbreeding right now, I just actually want to see the AP burn)

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 12:24 PM, purplehaze said:

I think you all outdid yourselves this time! I am saddened by all the lovely checkers in the AP that cannot be influenced correctly. :( Some of us care about that sort of thing. It is bad enough to have it happen already 3 times a year after the holiday walls, without artificially creating it. Please don't do this again. I really don't ordinarily mind the walls, or I have learned to live with them. And it is nice to see the wide variety in the AP now, but this is all just too much. And @Lunaflare rare lineages with too little time to influence would be even more heartbreaking. Save your rare breedings for a time when the AP needs them!

This. SO much this. I saw several eggs that would have been absolutely spectacular finds... if ONLY I could have influenced them. This whole mass-breeding fetish is turning into a sickness that makes me wish breeding would be turned off altogether for a while.

Share this post


Link to post

Another wall, huh? This has been a strange first few weeks in this game, for sure.

 

This makes me wonder... We have heavy usage limits to so many other things already (freezing, killing, BSAs), and they do not often affect other users in the same sense, either. Then how long can these massbreedings be a thing in this scale? Is it even fair that old scrolls can release hundreds, or thousands of eggs over one evening/weekend, basically "spreading their own seed" (lineages) as far as they go, for weeks on end, while many smaller scrolls just want to throw something out there for a good second home, or for their own dragons to maybe have a lineage somewhere? Then they run out of time.

 

I dunno, I'm somehow getting a little sad about this now that I think about it. Like, I wouldn't mind smaller massbreeds, but maybe mass-AP-breeding should get some kind of a limit. They could still be big, like a few hundred or something... I am perplexed to read these current numbers.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I was asked to mass breed my mints because the AP times were high, and as I'd not mass bred in almost a year I felt one was overdue. Wasn't aware there were a few other mass breeds in the queue.

 

For those interested, 873 mint eggs from 2071 mints.

Edited by FortyTwo

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 2:08 PM, Amberfly said:

I have to say, I've learned to live with the walls most of the time, but not being able to influence anything in the AP is really hindering me. Checkers, CBs, even messies need influences if I'm going to work on my scroll goals, and I've been unable to influence anything out of the AP in several days now. It's frustrating.

 

I thought it was just me! I found a perfect mate for a checker and I was heartbroken when I realized I couldn't influence it. This one gendered right, but I've had a few that haven't. To be honest, I just wish it would go back above 3 days and stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's turned into mass breed for wilderness dragons.  With so many people putting AP eggs into hatcheries I see new adults in the ER grow up wild.  That was a couple days ago, I've given up even looking now.  Wonder if TJ will decide the wilderness doesn't need mass breed injections...

Share this post


Link to post

Oh dang they are? That sucks. Its just real unfortunate a Big massbreed coincided with a release, I think we'd be above 4 days if it hadn't. 

Share this post


Link to post

Because releases aren't on a schedule outside events there was no way to know it would overlap like this. If there hadn't been a release until this weekend then we'd definitely be at least over 3 days. XD

 

The intent was to drive times down, I think, the AP times were getting a bit high before this happened.

 

Also, big massbreeds take time and effort to set up and it's very very unlikely that one person will do it "for weeks on end". This was a multi-person massbreed that was actually coordinated and planned ahead of time.

Share this post


Link to post

I checked my action log and the nocturne wall that I think was the start of all this was on the 20th. Today is the 27th. It's been wall after wall for a week, and if the sandwastes currently sitting in the AP are any indication, it's not over yet.

Share this post


Link to post

The current wall in the AP has 2 days and 8 hours left... which means they were bred roughly two hours AFTER the new dragon drop began. There's no longer any "we didn't know there would be a drop last weekend" excuse to hide behind.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

The current wall in the AP has 2 days and 8 hours left... which means they were bred roughly two hours AFTER the new dragon drop began. There's no longer any "we didn't know there would be a drop last weekend" excuse to hide behind.

The current ones, yeah, but I'm talking about the initial massbreed-- where most of the walls came from. What you're seeing now is someone stoking the flames, probably to see how low we can keep the AP times.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, purplehaze said:

I think you all outdid yourselves this time! I am saddened by all the lovely checkers in the AP that cannot be influenced correctly. :( Some of us care about that sort of thing. It is bad enough to have it happen already 3 times a year after the holiday walls, without artificially creating it. Please don't do this again. I really don't ordinarily mind the walls, or I have learned to live with them. And it is nice to see the wide variety in the AP now, but this is all just too much. And @Lunaflare rare lineages with too little time to influence would be even more heartbreaking. Save your rare breedings for a time when the AP needs them!

 

Perfectly agree!

I really can't see the reason for massbreeding so many dragons, with the result of having them hit the AP with less than 3 days and ruin great lineages with the dragons hatch the wrong gender

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

What you're seeing now is someone stoking the flames, probably to see how low we can keep the AP times.

I'm all for low AP times up to a point. It's nice to spend less time raising the eggs. But what is the reason for wanting the AP times so low that the eggs can no longer be influenced? It makes no sense to me. I have found a few nice things that precogged right that I kept, but I have tossed back more that were set to hatch the wrong gender to continue what would have been a nice lineage. And in practical terms there is no real difference in hatching time between a 3 day 7 hour egg and a 2 day 7 hour egg (which is where the AP is right now.) Throw them in a few ERs and both will hatch within a few hours max. So why do we need the times that low? What is the benefit that balances the negatives? Is it just all for show? Like, "Wow, Look what we did!"?

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post

Mass-breeding has accomplished one thing for me: weaning me away from this game. I want to hunt for things I like. Not what someone says I'll like when they hurl hundreds of eggs at the AP. Being unable to hunt the AP the way I want to has been kicked to the curb by mass-breeding & I am not really spending much time here any more, so thanks for that I guess.

 

AP times never bothered me because I never felt it owed me low-time eggs. Yes, I get plenty of eggs from the cave already. It's all there is really left to do.

Share this post


Link to post

eh, i've been enjoying actually being full to scroll capacity. Been nice to build up stock of stuff I don't normally hunt for.

the nearly instant gratification alt lottery this last week has been nice too. Just wish that there wasn't a freeze limit, i love the alt black hatchlings. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

eh, i've been enjoying actually being full to scroll capacity. Been nice to build up stock of stuff I don't normally hunt for.

the nearly instant gratification alt lottery this last week has been nice too. Just wish that there wasn't a freeze limit, i love the alt black hatchlings. ^_^ 

Oh man yeah. I was memeing on the UOD about the possibilities of a group of people clearing up a wall via Vamps and getting some mildly rare dragons into the AP, but it'd take a lot of people to offset the kill slots.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I'm all for low AP times up to a point. It's nice to spend less time raising the eggs. But what is the reason for wanting the AP times so low that the eggs can no longer be influenced? It makes no sense to me. I have found a few nice things that precogged right that I kept, but I have tossed back more that were set to hatch the wrong gender to continue what would have been a nice lineage. And in practical terms there is no real difference in hatching time between a 3 day 7 hour egg and a 2 day 7 hour egg (which is where the AP is right now.) Throw them in a few ERs and both will hatch within a few hours max. So why do we need the times that low? What is the benefit that balances the negatives? Is it just all for show? Like, "Wow, Look what we did!"?

 

I know the initial wave of massbreeding was just trying to get things under or around 4 days, and was just for fun. I guess other users saw a wall and bred as well and it spiraled from there. I don't think anyone's been intentionally trying to keep it below 3 days, I think the initial really low time was for show, but now it's just hard for it to climb back up. We've gained about 12 hours or so in the past few days though, so here's hoping :D

 

I also don't get why influencing has a time limit... incubate makes sense since you could kill the egg, but why influence?

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Oh man yeah. I was memeing on the UOD about the possibilities of a group of people clearing up a wall via Vamps and getting some mildly rare dragons into the AP, but it'd take a lot of people to offset the kill slots.

eyyyy that could be pretty fun though. obviously there's enough stuff in the AP to keep everyone's scrolls stuffed and still be down around 2 days for several days now. You would probably need quite a few people helping, and for several days since knowing my luck i'd end up locked with kills in my first batch. 😂

 

Closest thing to a "mass breed" vampires could get. A mass feed?

 

also, ngl, my favorite thing in the Ides of March breeding is when i find vamp'd ones. it just completes the meme for me. 😂

Edited by Stromboli

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

Mass-breeding has accomplished one thing for me: weaning me away from this game. I want to hunt for things I like. Not what someone says I'll like when they hurl hundreds of eggs at the AP. Being unable to hunt the AP the way I want to has been kicked to the curb by mass-breeding & I am not really spending much time here any more, so thanks for that I guess.

 

AP times never bothered me because I never felt it owed me low-time eggs. Yes, I get plenty of eggs from the cave already. It's all there is really left to do.

I would just like to point out they're not just to push the ap time down, they're also to help with ratios. It took me more than 30 breedings to get a dorsal from leodon, and that was only after someone was kind enough to breed a few hundred leodon for me just before that weeks attempt. Most of the walls have been from other breeds that do the same thing.

 

I agree this batch was a bit much, but its not often we breed nearly as many at once.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.