TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

12 hours ago, Keileon said:

Trust me, Reds are definitely necessary! You're going to want to hoard a bunch of them.

^-- This so much. I have just over 100 Reds and I still find myself running low on incubates during the holiday events! (But the rest of the time I basically always have an incubate available if I need one.)

EDIT TO ADD: And instead of double-posting:

Just sent 250 blacktip eggs to the AP. Most are PB 2Gs, some are 2Gs with holiday mates, and there's like a dozen PB 3Gs and 1 PB 4G in the mix. Definitely seem to be hitting a bit of a plateau on egg output! 🤣

Edited by Firefury Amahira

Been a bit but, if anyone's bored with a horde of leodons I'd appreciate the ratio help :)

I wish you better luck than this evil pair. Never doing anything but pb or holiday checker leos ever again lol. 

I also bred all six of my free Leodons and sent three truebred eggs to the AP. An Antarean (these are about as notorious as Leos, I think) and a Red are also floating around somewhere.

Edited by obelisk_light

Seems to work already.

I sent 15 Leodons, 2 Monarchs, 1 Ash, 1 Tangar and 1 Sunstone to the AP.

I bred 4 CB Celestials with CB Obidars, and I got two multiclutches full of Xenos (here and here). Nine Obidars, two Celestials and one rebellious Mageia are in the AP now.

19 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I wish you better luck than this evil pair. Never doing anything but pb or holiday checker leos ever again lol. 

Thanks, I hope mine aren't that stubborn. >.<

And thanks to everyone who's breeding leos!

I don't have a lot of Leodons but bred my 6 with Celestials, one refusal but still sent 13 Leo eggs to the AP. It's something hopefully.

So close to ER AP again yesss

I have 5 Leodons...bred the two pairs together and sent two Leo eggs to the AP (last one produced the egg of the other breed which I kept)

Just bred all five of my Leodons and got 4/5 Leodon eggs sent to the AP! Plus a random Golden Wyvern. :P Hope that helps!

Just bred my 14 leodons. One no interest, but 12 leodons and one random destruction avatar will hit the AP in a couple of days.

The last day of summer is the 22nd. Would anyone want to do a Seasonal massbreed at that time?

Could I get Guardians nudged a little bit? I have three pairs that need to produce Spessartines and while I usually have good luck with them, Guardians are the more common of the two. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Keileon said:

Could I get Guardians nudged a little bit? I have three pairs that need to produce Spessartines and while I usually have good luck with them, Guardians are the more common of the two. Thanks!

I don't have a lot but sent 10 to the AP at least (also got a no interest and 2 refusals, how stubborn).

Still missing the lovely ER times, oh well.

17 hours ago, Keileon said:

Bred most of mine (majority guardian eggs, one no egg and one other species).

I think mass breed is more advantage than harm for me.😆
I always try to find 2-4G dragon which was pleasing to the eye and freezing it.
In most cases, I don’t mind the hatchlings gender wrong or not. Of course I know a fair number of people will care about it. I think remove the time limit of influence is a great choice, or maybe we can find some ways to avoid too many people mass breeding at the same time, such as a mass breed recording post?

I am glad to see a diverse AP, or a wall with same breed but different types parent.😆 It's a great time to investigate (or promote?😆) which pairings would create an amazing effects, even though they are just common. :wub: Some example I got in AP:
M Hellfire X F Royal Crimson
M Brimstone X F Harvest
M Neotropical X F Whiptail
M Tri-Horn X F Scimitar-wing   (I almost misjudged that they are the same breed 😆)

Maybe we can discuss about how to mass breed to let people happy?🧐 The situations let me feel bad:
-Too many messy eggs
-A wall with same breed and same types of parent. (I think it would be boring, and people don't need that much)>>Did anyone have a thought about the moderate numbers?

The type of mass breed I hope to see::wub:
-Different Drake, Pygmy or Two-headed pairs. (Seem that it's hard to see a good match beyond PB because of their breeding restriction.)
-Old common pairs, such as green/stone. (Most of them I saw in AP were CB or Geode fail, are there have any beautiful pairs for them?)

ps. It's interesting that mass breed can adjust breeding ratios, Hope we have more information to show how it affects.🧐

4 hours ago, D-wing said:

Maybe we can discuss about how to mass breed to let people happy?🧐 The situations let me feel bad:

-Too many messy eggs
-A wall with same breed and same types of parent. (I think it would be boring, and people don't need that much)>>Did anyone have a thought about the moderate numbers?

Some people like a lot of messy eggs! Some collect them, others freeze them (because they feel bad freezing CB or pretty lineages).

I'm not sure what you mean by "same types of parent", but if you mean a bunch of the same lineage, I do that often because I'm working on a bunch of projects and throw fails to the AP. I don't have enough to wall unless I go out of my way to massbreed my PB spinels, but it's happened before that I send 30+ 2G PB red Spinel eggs to the AP because I'm trying to get green ones. :)

4 hours ago, Keileon said:

Some people like a lot of messy eggs! Some collect them, others freeze them (because they feel bad freezing CB or pretty lineages).

I'm not sure what you mean by "same types of parent", but if you mean a bunch of the same lineage, I do that often because I'm working on a bunch of projects and throw fails to the AP. I don't have enough to wall unless I go out of my way to massbreed my PB spinels, but it's happened before that I send 30+ 2G PB red Spinel eggs to the AP because I'm trying to get green ones. :)

Yes, no matter what lineage the dragon is, someone would love it. ;)

Yes I mean a bunch of same lineage, sorry for any unclear expressions.:ph34r:

I thought it might not be a problem if just throw fails to AP? I think no one will mind If the wall lasting only a short time. (maybe <30 min or 1H?)

Not sure how many eggs will let the wall lasting >30 min, I thought it might >100 eggs? (Maybe more for PB? Many people collect them.:ph34r:)

It was tragic if anyone need to breed more than 100 times to get the right egg(s):o or it's normal when breeding metals?:o

17 minutes ago, D-wing said:

It was tragic if anyone need to breed more than 100 times to get the right egg(s):o or it's normal when breeding metals?:o

It happens rather often ... and not only with metals, really. Well, maybe not up to 100, but I've breed my large share of commons from other commons before getting the egg I need.

Let's see. How about Lunarfails?

15: https://dragcave.net/progeny/Z3iFD

15: https://dragcave.net/progeny/ZZFdX

11: https://dragcave.net/progeny/Fmvj7

16: https://dragcave.net/progeny/pACyk

10: https://dragcave.net/progeny/2sVeH

11: https://dragcave.net/progeny/zBwkX

16: https://dragcave.net/progeny/zL6SA

On 9/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, Keileon said:

I only have 8 Guardians, but I've been able to send 4 eggs to the AP

I sent a good handful of Xenos to the AP today, some low-gens as well as some messies. Was trying for a Staterae, didn't get one. I'm a little surprised how well the other newer Xenos are still breeding though!

Just bred all my reds about 2 hours ago est.  There should be about 100 reds of all sorts, some really messy (I breed my inbreds with other random inbred reds) and some really nice.  Also a few aeons and pinks because I have more female reds than male reds at the moment.