TJ09

ANSWERED:Time-based egg slot

So, the way I understand it is that these time-based slots only add up with trophy slots up to a maximum of 7/21. Is that correct?

So with Gold you'd get up to 8 eggs, but people without gold (not sure how many people don't get gold within a year, but it's certainly possible) also still get it.
Sounds like max is 8/24.

Right, forgot about that. So, either TJ changed his mind, or maybe there will be up to three time-based egg slots for people with no gold trophy.

I'm confused.. there's been too much speculation and I didn't really understand what TJ meant.

So, if you DO have a gold trophy AND you've has been here for SIX years... how many egg/hatchling slots would I have in total???

My understanding is 8/24.. and I'd be totally happy with that. But it sounds like it might be more, but I'm not sure.

I'm confused.. there's been too much speculation and I didn't really understand what TJ meant.

So, if you DO have a gold trophy AND you've has been here for SIX years... how many egg/hatchling slots would I have in total???

My understanding is 8/24.. and I'd be totally happy with that. But it sounds like it might be more, but I'm not sure.

TJ did say - didn't he ? max would be 8 eggs ?

First post

So with Gold you'd get up to 8 eggs,

He didn't specify on hatchies at that point, but later said:

The variant of this is that egg slots can be obtained by either badges or time.

e.g. someone who has been here for three years but no badge gets 7 slots.

Also (unrelated to above text): Total (egg+hatchling) count is intrinsically tied to egg count. +1 eggs = +3 total, always.

There's two components here:

1. An alternate way to get more egg slots without trophies (by being active for a period of time).

2. An increase in the maximum egg slot count (7 -> 8).

Either, neither, or both could happen.

So it could be that everyone stays at 7 max, but people without trophies can get 7 eventually.

Or it could be 8 max, and people with trophies get 7, then 1 for being here 1+ years, and people without trophies have to be here 4+ years to get 8).

Why not - there are people who don't want to collect masses of dragons, but only one pair and frozen hatchie set. Would be fair to give them more egg slots, too.

About getting another egg slot to have a total of 8 - I'd love that smile.gif I prefer even numbers.

So it could be that everyone stays at 7 max, but people without trophies can get 7 eventually.

Or it could be 8 max, and people with trophies get 7, then 1 for being here 1+ years, and people without trophies have to be here 4+ years to get 8).

I like the 2nd one....... But you know it may be just me xd.png

I am perfectly happy with just 8 eggslots and 24 growing things slots. I much prefer even numbers because as stated earlier, new releases in pairs is much better than 3 pairs and a random extra. Even number = even pairs = 4 breedings the week of a new release.

1. An alternate way to get more egg slots without trophies (by being active for a period of time).

Both sounds good. So does #2.

Cheers!

C4.

I would hope for both. wink.gif I certainly want that 8th egg slot for myself, but I think it would be nice to give an extra slot to people whose scroll goals don't include collecting huge numbers of dragons.

I like it, but not quite as much as I would a 4th trophy - The Legendary, perhaps - of a really hard-to-achieve amount of dragons. Maybe somewhere between 1,000 to 5,000?

Let's say this is implemented and a person has been here for a year, but has no trophies yet. Would it be possible for the player to get to the 8th slot before 4 years if they earn their trophies in the coming months? Or do they still have to wait another three years from that point?

I have been here well over a year and have a gold trophy, so at this point I am just trying to sort out how this would work.

(Also, I hope for both. Since it seems fair and beneficial to everyone.)

Not this suggestion - you would only have to have been here x long - you could go from 4 to 5, for instance

Considering that I read the first post, understand what this suggestion is about and that I based my comments regarding multi-scrollers on it I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.

and goes on to suggest that people will just use that possibility to multiscroll.

Well ACTUALLY, no, I didn't.

In any case, you know what's the best friend of multiscrollers? The register button.

There's no way to stop people from multiscrolling besides reporting knwon cases and shutting off registration entirely, so I don't see how increasing egg slot is relevant. Sure, it's going to be a bit more convenient for multiscrollers, but since they're already multiscrolling there isn't anything to dissuade them from registering a few more scrolls shall they find the egg slots inadequate.

iunno, I feel like a multiscroller would just like having as many slots as possible anyway, so yes they would like this kind of benefit, even if they could really just create a bunch more accounts.

But I also think we'll never stop every multiscroller and unless multiscrolling is the ONLY thing that would ever benefit from a suggestion, or it would otherwise GREATLY increase the amount of multiscrollers, I don't think "b-but multis!" should be the end-all to seemingly every suggestion, especially the ones about limits. :\

Besides, since this is a year-based thing, they would have to have multiple accounts that are at least a year old each to really feel much benefit. If I were a multiscroller, I probably wouldn't want to wait that long. :P But that's just me.

tl;dr, I agree with CNR.

Sure, it's going to be a bit more convenient for multiscrollers, but since they're already multiscrolling there isn't anything to dissuade them from registering a few more scrolls shall they find the egg slots inadequate.

I know, I know.

But still I thought it was worth mentioning.

@Fuzzbucket:

I know now what my mistake or the misunderstanding was.

After reading this and understanding completely - I hope -...I have to say I am still torn and actually rather on the "no support" side now.

Yes, I do understand that there are people who do not want to have many dragons on their scroll. Yes, I do understand that TJ wants all players to keep playing. Yes, I'd have nothing against an 8th egg slot. Yes, I know that 4+ years for people without trophies is a long time.

But I am asking myself why I was raising so many dragons now...? I did it mostly for the gold trophy and egg slots and the dragons just got more and more because I usually log in when I know that some eggs hatched? So why should a person who doesn't collect as many dragons as I do have the same benefits suddenly when the trophies have been rewards?

I wanna have a platinum trophy for raising 1000 dragons and 8/24 limits!

(rolleyes.gif Greedy Mondat, baaad Mondat... ninja.gif)

But sure, it doesn't affect my scroll negatively at all so go ahead TJ!

Well, Mondat, I'd say

There are more dragons released every month (almost)

The AP is having a lot of Eggs, the Cave as well

More Egg and Hatchie slots would even it all out. You could catch more, you could raise more. Of course you could also abandon more... but in my case, for example, I often fill my 7/21 slots. No, I ALWAYS do.

I'd love to have more slots. I want to collect more dragons from cave and AP and so often, I can't, because I'm locked.

With more slots, I'm gonna be locked as well. I'm aware of that. Still, it gives more space for collecting. And I would appreciate that.

@Fuzzbucket:

I know now what my mistake or the misunderstanding was.

Oh good. I didn't want to get into a fight ! wub.gif

After reading this and understanding completely - I hope -...I have to say I am still torn and actually rather on the "no support" side now.

Yes, I do understand that there are people who do not want to have many dragons on their scroll. Yes, I do understand that TJ wants all players to keep playing. Yes, I'd have nothing against an 8th egg slot. Yes, I know that 4+ years for people without trophies is a long time.

But I am asking myself why I was raising so many dragons now...? I did it mostly for the gold trophy and egg slots and the dragons just got more and more because I usually log in when I know that some eggs hatched? So why should a person who doesn't collect as many dragons as I do have the same benefits suddenly when the trophies have been rewards?

I wanna have a platinum trophy for raising 1000 dragons and 8/24 limits!

(rolleyes.gif  Greedy Mondat, baaad Mondat... ninja.gif)

But sure, it doesn't affect my scroll negatively at all so go ahead TJ!

But yes - I know what you mean. Then again - a lot of people put a GREAT deal of work into their smaller scrolls. Carefully building difficult lineages (like my gold x green nebbie one - that kind of player would trade off or gift all the ones that went purple rather than affectionately keeping them all as I do... Why should they not be rewarded for actually working as hard and maybe even breeding more than some who just freeze as many hatchies as they can JUST to get to the trophy ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Oh, me likey. I likey extra egg slots in general (and 8 just seems like a more, hm, balanced number than 7?), and this would also be a nice way to give a little something to long time players who for whatever reason don't like to collect masses of dragons as well.

I-If I might dare ask, though, could that extra slot be accompanied by a +3 overall holding increase as well? ;o; (so gold trophies could have 8 eggs / 24 total things, for example)

This, I hate having only 7 slots for eggs like Halloween releases. It's been impossible for me to trade for another egg to get an even number.

So yes, I'm all for this.

Yes olease! I'd love an extra slot, especially for holiday releases. And extra overall slots are nice too.

Always yes to more eggs.

This.

I gotta say, I doubt if I could EVER say no to more eggslots. I have a bad case of grabby hands, I am afraid. rolleyes.gif

I would not mind this. Slots are always welcome. smile.gif

Edited by Dimar