TJ09

ANSWERED:Time-based egg slot

I approve!! I also know some "older" more experienced players who opt (for various reasons) to keep fewer dragons (just a few special or collecting limited numbers of each sprite) so they only have a silver trophy. And may only ever have a silver trophy! But if they decide to come in for holiday and new release grabs, those slots are important. Especially if the new release has multiple eggs or a breed with multiple sprites due to alts or biomes or breeding or whatnot.

I also breed and keep a lot of my dragons. If I could keep more of my eggs I'd be more apt to do breeding projects and it sure would make gifting easier.

Edited by natayah

An extra egg slot would be nice, uneven numbers make your head spin when you are ocd trying to get an extra from a new release after yours have hatched to get an even amount.

One question - if more egg slots are added would the max amount of dragons you can have growing at once be changed? Currently with gold you can have 21 dragons growing in egg or hatchie stages. Would this number be increased to 24 to compensate that fact that the 3 clutches of eggs you'd get to be full would have one more added to them?

I also like the idea some one had posted a few pages back of possibly adding more for being on longer like 3 years, 5 years, ext like that... It would be a nice reward for people who have played the game a long time and still are playing.

One question - if more egg slots are added would the max amount of dragons you can have growing at once be changed? Currently with gold you can have 21 dragons growing in egg or hatchie stages. Would this number be increased to 24 to compensate that fact that the 3 clutches of eggs you'd get to be full would have one more added to them?

Yes, TJ answered earlier that total slots would scale with ~Egg slots.

Ok, I'm an oldbie here. Not only was I here before the egg/hatchling limits changed but I was part of the discussion that led to the change. First a piece of old history. In The Beginning of Dragon Cave there were only 4 egg slots. One was added not long into the game but could only be filled by a bred egg. There were only 4 hatchling slots. But egg slots and hatchling slots were tied together. If you were locked on one of them you were locked.

This feels like such a long time ago now...

Well, any question of more egg slots I think is always going to be met with overwhelming approval by our userbase. What is better than being able to raise more dragons at once?

The better question is it how will it affect the balance of the site? More egg slots means more eggs taken per user, making it harder for other users to pick them up. It used to be that once everyone is locked the users with slower internet can then get in and have a better chance, but the more egg slots you have the harder it will be for these users. This is especially true when it comes to old holidays dropping in the AP.

Edited by Ashywolf

If TJ also slightly increases the rate at which eggs drop that wouldn't entirely be true though, as there would be more eggs to be picked up. I would think any increase in the number of eggs we can raise would also need an increase in the drop rate. I know he changed it when the egg limits were raised before.

It does feel like a long time ago....

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

If TJ also slightly increases the rate at which eggs drop that wouldn't be true though, as there would be more eggs to be picked up. I would think any increase in the number of eggs we can raise would also need an increase in the drop rate. I know he changed it when the egg limits were raised before.

I was trying to find a way to say that but couldn't find the right WORDS - but yes !

If TJ also slightly increases the rate at which eggs drop that wouldn't entirely be true though, as there would be more eggs to be picked up. I would think any increase in the number of eggs we can raise would also need an increase in the drop rate. I know he changed it when the egg limits were raised before.

It does feel like a long time ago....

This... besdes, I am sure TJ has PROBABLY already taken into account the aspect of this suggestion where folks grab more eggs.

Also, the breeding success rate. *glances at long list of refusals*

Also, the breeding success rate. *glances at long list of refusals*

Yes, definitely! There are any number of ways TJ could ensure that there are the same number of eggs available.

It's pretty much automated. The number of CB eggs being generated depends on the number of users in the biomes (or on the site, whichever, I'm not sure about it).

So, the more people have an egg slot free, the more there will be looking for more eggs and the more eggs will be generated. It's that simple. (And TJ is brilliant.)

It's probably similar for breeding: The more dragons are being bred, the more eggs are being generated.

Edited by olympe

It's pretty much automated. The number of CB eggs being generated depends on the number of users in the biomes (or on the site, whichever, I'm not sure about it).

So, the more people have an egg slot free, the more there will be looking for more eggs and the more eggs will be generated. It's that simple. (And TJ is brilliant.)

It's probably similar for breeding: The more dragons are being bred, the more eggs are being generated.

So... the system is already set up to compensate for this?

That is... its a non-issue? The game would automatically produce more eggs if more were taken?

It would automatically produce more eggs if there're more people there, yes. (Wherever there is, probably the biomes.) And if there are more people with open slots, they'll probably go to the biomes. smile.gif

Yes please. More eggs for long time users. I am a big fan of loyalty rewards. Could it be based on play, rather than forum registration? I know a lot of people who never joined the forum until years after beginning play, and who still don't use the forum now.

It would be your registration on DC that counts, not your registration on the forums.

Automatic support. Yes please. I've been here for like five years. xd.png

I like this idea-- in part because it gives folks who can't play as frequently a chance to gain an egg slot. It might also be nice for folks who are selective about what dragons they have on their scroll and so take a longer time to build a collection of dragons.

yes, please! this sounds like a great idea and a reward for having people stick around. it would upgrade the "total" slot count too though, right?

after reading the last couple of pages, I have to say really don't think it would create too much of a competition issue. I trust that most of you are aware that when eggs get deleted at the end of the hour we usually lose AT LEAST one coveted CB gold, and also I expect you know that more eggs get added in five minute intervals.

well, with more people out hunting and picking up somewhat "lesser value" eggs, that CB gold that might have been deleted might be uncovered and someone, anyone, would be available to grab it. I think if anything it's advantageous to the "general public."

the only issue that I see arising would be the biomes emptying out around the 4-minute mark before they refill, which has been an issue in the past, but I don't see that happening and it should be an easy fix if it does.

Edited by Oasis

another egg slot. would be awesome. perhaps another hatchie slot or two after 1 or more years. Yes please!

Grand idea! I've been here for a little over 3 years ... comes out to almost 3500 dragons on my scroll. So many lineage ideas so few egg slots, especially with the holidays fast approaching.

even number of slots ....

not just yes but censorkip.gif yes!

laugh.gif

this makes my OCD very happy

8 slots sounds really nice - I'm a bit OCD when it comes to symmetry and I always want to get two of a certain egg, two of another, two of a third... and that 7th random slot kind of bothered me since it meant I could only get one egg instead of two. xd.png With 8 slots it would mean I could get four full pairs~

...Come to think of it, when DID I join DC? *goes to check* My oldest dragon is from September 2008 which means I've passed my 6th year landmark. blink.gif Wat.

Edited by Beldarius