TJ09

ANSWERED:Time-based egg slot

I prefer the 1 year = 1 egg slot, because it gives some benefit to dedicated players who only collect a couple of each sprite.

What I'd love:

1 year of play = +1 egg slot

2 years of play = +1 hatchie slot

3 years of play = +1 hatchie slot

4 years of play = +1 hatchie slot

So after 4 years, your maximum limits are 8 / 24.

Cheers!

C4.

I prefer the 1 year = 1 egg slot, because it gives some benefit to dedicated players who only collect a couple of each sprite.

What I'd love:

Cheers!

C4.

Exactly. Though your post implies a trophy...

Exactly. Though your post implies a trophy...

Of course. The absolute max a player could have would be to play for 4 years with a Gold Trophy and would have 8 / 24.

Someone who played for 4 years and managed to not get any trophies would have 5 / 15.

I also think we'd have to define the "time" as "active". So, so long as a person logs in once every 2 months, they are considered "active" and the timer keeps going up.

Cheers!

C4.

What I'd love:

Of course. The absolute max a player could have would be to play for 4 years with a Gold Trophy and would have 8 / 24.

Someone who played for 4 years and managed to not get any trophies would have 5 / 15.

I also think we'd have to define the "time" as "active". So, so long as a person logs in once every 2 months, they are considered "active" and the timer keeps going up.

Ohh, this solution I like. smile.gif

I'd say, if there's an Eggslot increase, then we also need a Hatchieslot increase.

Maybe 1 Eggslot and 3 Hatchies per increase?

I don't think this sounds ridiculously high. Even if there are players here for over 4 or 5 years and they'd get a increase for every year.

After all, there are more different dragon releases coming.

More eggs in the AP, more in the cave - people would have good chances to even it out with more egg and hatchie slots.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Ohh, this solution I like. smile.gif

Yes! I like this better as well. And I think it is important to add an activity component, not just longevity.

Tbh I don't even remember when I joined...

Is there an info somewhere?

Check the age of your oldest dragon. That's the best I've been able to do.

Cheers!

C4.

Please, yes. I would love an extra egg slot. I'd also like to throw in my support for cyradis4's suggestion, I think that's a great idea as well.

Check the age of your oldest dragon. That's the best I've been able to do.

Cheers!

C4.

It's too bad there isn't something more specific (not that we can check on-site anyway). Maybe the technoized site has something but I'm not sure.

I do know for a fact though that for the first long while of being on DC, I didn't know fansites were a thing at all and many eggs died. My first wasn't even raised by me, really; I think someone put the egg in a fansite. But I know I joined some time after my 13th birthday because it said I needed to be 13, though I had known about the site for a while and really wanted to join.

Still, not like that matters. I've definitely been around, and probably at least active for, more than a year.

I do really love this though:

What I'd love:

However, I'd also really like freezing slots to go up, as well (possibly also kill slots)! Either along with the hatchie slots, or independently (going up to 5, 6, and 7 years of play to get those additional freeze and/or kill slots).

What I'd love:

Cheers!

C4.

As I suggested this earlier (not anywhere near as clearly) as an alternative to gaining hatchie slots all at once if we do gain hatchie slots, I still support this idea. =P

What I'd love:

Cheers!

C4.

I support this, or getting all 4 at once. Again, nothing beyond this, IMO.

If this happens, as well as the cake trophy I suggested a few pages back, then maybe the trophy could gain a candle each year until it reaches 4, and also change color?

What I'd love:

Cheers!

C4.

I'm a big fan of this as well. Like some of the others around here, I'm a fiend for even numbers and getting a male and female of each new release. I've also long wanted just a few extra hatchie slots. I'd be fine with just TJ's initial thought being implemented, but I'd love to see it expanded to include c4's idea as well. wub.gif

c4 idea is pretty awesome.

I'd never thought I'd see TJ suggest something like this <3.

Summary: YES!!!!!

c4's idea sounds pretty good to me too. In fact, spriting up a birthday cake badge should be simple and quick. Let me see what I can come up with.

I guess I'm not just a fan of even numbers (which I totally am) but balance in all things. 8 is a perfect number for DC because not only to dragons mate in pairs, so I want to have balanced pairs of each breed, but as we build even gens with them we need powers of two for the base. So, one 2nd gen needs two, one 3rd gen needs four, one 4th gen needs eight. It wouldn't make much sense, game wise to go to 16 and that would be the next power of 2. So I think 8 slots then stop. That's the max. The 24 hatchling slots match this. It all makes sense to my inner organizer.

The variant of this is that egg slots can be obtained by either badges or time.

e.g. someone who has been here for three years but no badge gets 7 slots.

Also (unrelated to above text): Total (egg+hatchling) count is intrinsically tied to egg count. +1 eggs = +3 total, always.

The variant of this is that egg slots can be obtained by either badges or time.

e.g. someone who has been here for three years but no badge gets 7 slots.

Also (unrelated to above text): Total (egg+hatchling) count is intrinsically tied to egg count. +1 eggs = +3 total, always.

Does that include freezing slots? I assume it does, but just wondering.

TJ, I've been here 6 years. Are you saying that with my gold trophy and one slot per year I'd have 13 egg slots? Plus 39 hatchling slots? O.O That's a lot of slots. (anniversary of joining DC is Oct 22, so my 6th anniversary is just around the corner) Not that I'd mind being able to grab 13 Halloween eggs to go with the 39 growing past years' hatchlings I'd be likely to have.

TJ, I've been here 6 years. Are you saying that with my gold trophy and one slot per year I'd have 13 egg slots? Plus 39 hatchling slots? O.O That's a lot of slots. (anniversary of joining DC is Oct 22, so my 6th anniversary is just around the corner) Not that I'd mind being able to grab 13 Halloween eggs to go with the 39 growing past years' hatchlings I'd be likely to have.

No, I'm saying someone would be able to reach the same level of eggs as a gold trophy, but without a gold trophy.

Because not everyone wants to have 500 dragons.

tj said to get one egg if you're here over a year, not one per year. smile.gif

ps: hi mr ninja.gif admin!

Edited by whitebaron

Whew. That makes a lot more sense. For a minute there I thought one of us had gone crazy.

No, I'm saying someone would be able to reach the same level of eggs as a gold trophy, but without a gold trophy.

Ok TJ you're confusing me just a bit. How I understand this:

- If you've been here 1+ years with a Gold Trophy, you get: 8 eggs / 24 growing things

- If you've been here 1+ years with no trophy, you get: 5 eggs / 15 growing things

- If you've been here 4+ years with no trophy, you get: 8 eggs / 24 growing things

Am I understanding you, or not?

Cheers!

C4.

So, the way I understand it is that these time-based slots only add up with trophy slots up to a maximum of 7/21. Is that correct?

Well, I guess I belong to a minority here because I don't think we need more egg or hatchie slots, for the reasons stated by Wookieinmashoo and Lavinia above. However, I would not oppose such an idea, especially since it seems to make so many people happy. And I must admit that from a developmental point of view, it makes perfect sense: if there are more and more dragons, there should also be more slots to accomodate them.

I wonder, though, what the consequences will be. Most likely, there will be much more competition for rare eggs in the cave. Because I don't think most people are going to fill their additional slots with cave blockers. Or will the ratios be adjusted as well?