TJ09

ANSWERED:Time-based egg slot

I guess you would have to look hard and long to find anyone opposing one extra slot.

About the one extra slot each year: I would really love to see this for loyal players whose playstyle/time does not allow them to get the badge, so after two year with no badge you get another one. So that just by playing slow and steady you could also get to 8 egg slots without the gold badge. Even though it does not concern me. The maximum amount of egg slots would stay the same.

As others asked: Would this come with an increase of hatchie spots and freezing limits?

These could be other time based "rewards" so after two years extra hatchie spots, after three extra freezing slots and then alternating?

Maybe with a nice greeting message on you dc-birthday?

"Congratulations! You have been X years on DC. Here is a small present for staying with us all this time."

8 sounds awesome - yay future breeding pairs of the same age! biggrin.gif

Sure, why not?

But more importantly, do we get the +3 total slot that comes with badge-based eggslot increase?

Would Love this so much! Random Thought could we possibly get a 2nd trophy to indicate why we have another slot for an egg?

Maybe a platinum one.

I mean we have a Bronze for when you reach 50 dragons then Silver when you reach 200 dragons than Gold for when you reach 500 total dragons so why not a Platinum one for people who have been with the cave for more than say 2 years, that would allow an increase with the amount of eggs and hatchlings without people asking how they could get the eighth eggs slot when you have the same trophy they do.

Anyway just a suggestion of sorts, feel free to ignore it if you want. But I definitely put my vote in the yes pile with a YEAH OH YEAH!!!!

I don't think this would work, because people who've been playing for a year can have any kind of trophy - gold, silver, bronze or even not trophy at all. Instead, I'd suggest adding something to the existing trophy, like some sparkles.

I'm not 100% sure about whether adding extra egg slots for people who have been here even longer. But if this is to be done, I think it shouldn't be something like "one extra slot every other year", but happen at a different rate.

Like this: You get your first time-based slot after 1 year. The second slot follows 2 years later (after 3 years total). The third slot follows 3 years later (6 years total), the 4th comes 4 years after the third (10 years total) and so on.

Considering DC is 8 years old, the longest-standing members would be able to raise 3 extra eggs right now.

I have been hoping for an 8th Egg slot ever since I got my 7th Egg slot tongue.gif I have serious OCD tendencies and would love to be able to collect 4 pair of new dragon breeds at time of release. This would really give the OCD players a sense of balance for sure.

Absolutely support this! Thanks for the suggestion TJ! Really hope we get this biggrin.gif

Random passing thought:

Add another egg slot for users that have been around for over a year, regardless of badge.

So with Gold you'd get up to 8 eggs, but people without gold (not sure how many people don't get gold within a year, but it's certainly possible) also still get it.

I don't think anyone will complain about MORE egg slots. biggrin.gif

Definitely support! biggrin.gif

Edit: Also want to add that I would definitely hope for the additional three hatchie slots that people are mentioning!

Edited by kerrikins

I'm probably the only one that is indifferent and thinks we have enough egg slots already. Another egg slot won't change anything for me and I will actually miss the odd 7 we have. I would always designate the slot as a freebie space to catch interested things on the AP while keeping the pairs of new releases even.

I'm probably the only one that is indifferent and thinks we have enough egg slots already.

You're not the only one, I also think that seven slots are sufficient. At some point, the more the game allows you to grab, the less important it gets what you actually raise on your scroll.

I love the idea TJ. More egg slots are always something I want and I like the time based idea