TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Whew. Got my seven, with spreadsheet notes on influence pattern just in case I need to trade and they drop off my action log beforehand. Thanks to TJ and the spriter(s), though I could wish for at least a guaranteed-on-Saturday release pattern; it seemed to work best for most.

I had to abandon nearly every egg I had (including my CB Blusang) to make room for the new eggs. sad.gif

But this was a SCHEDULED release.

We'll I didn't quite get the memo that there's the possibility of Alts, so I went ahead and grabbed five from the Forest. Luckily I found out in time to grab one from the Alpine. rolleyes.gif As for release times I liked having random releases, it was a lot easier to catch eggs due to some people being egg locked. As mean as that sounds I always liked the surprise. laugh.gif When it's scheduled like this especially at this weird time it just makes it more difficult for me at least.

To be exact he said very likely still on weekends. wink.gif Which means they could be at other times, too. He is hedging his bets.

I think the person who thinks it's gotten stale is TJ. After all these years, it should be obvious to everyone he hates schedules and is quickly bored. that's not meant as an insult, just an observation.

To be egg free on the weekends means no breeding after about lunchtime on Thursday, with incubate.

Not being able to catch eggs or breed for that long seems horrifying, and if there's no release on Saturday, you can't catch/breed then, either, because there could be a drop on Sunday, and really, I am not even allowing for the fact that "weekend" could meant Friday night, depending on your personal definition of "weekend". Then you wouldn't breed even on Thursday.

Which leave Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as the only days you can collect eggs with any surety of being egg-free by the time the possibility of a new release rolls around. edit: and this is only if he does stick to weekends, as PH said it might be any time sad.gif

I think it's getting "stale" being so frustrated all the time.

Edited by daba555

TBH I'm still more bothered with the change of hour for the drops than with return of random releases.

If recent releases are anything to go by, new eggs will still be not-that hard to catch even after the initial drops as long as those new eggs aren't rare, so *shrugs*

TBH I'm really displeased with the time change as well. It's just grand knowing that I may as well just not play like I want to if I can't predict when to keep my scroll open.

How about having an on-site poll next time you want to pull something like this, TJ? We aren't exactly asking for a forum poll, here.

~Removed~

Honestly people, I feel you. I do. This is TJ's game and if he wants to throw us curveballs to keep it interesting to him, so be it! I'd rather he do that then get bored with doing the same old thing to appease all of us. This place is NOT a democracy.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Awesome! As someone who tends to not be free the first weekend of the month, I'll be around to catch them when I can. Thanks for all you do TJ!

Thanks, TJ!. Can't wait to see the eight breeds. I don't at all like going back to random new releases though. That will considerably mess me up.

I mean eight kinds, not breeds.

Edited by LadyFoxfire

*checks Completed List records* Hey, I think I know what this breed is. tongue.gif

Finally, locked. Yeesh, that took longer than usual. Normally I can catch all the eggs I need within minutes, it took 20 or so minutes this time.

What i'm going to do is like... well, I got one from Alpine there. i'm going to get one from Forest. then Alpine, the forest so I know i'll have three of each.... if I can them them all laugh.gif

Wow, the shiny egg sprites look beautiful! I can't wait to see the hatchlings and whether there will be alts smile.gif

I remember when we first went to scheduled monthly releases, I was disappointed. I missed the surprise of random new eggs appearing in the cave. Now, however, I have gotten used to the monthly releases and I like having something to look forward to. And of course, it helps to be prepared for a release with room on my scroll, Pinks/Reds off cooldown and ready to use their BSAs on the new eggs, etc. So I'm not really liking the change back to random releases. But I'm going to try to get back to my old mindset (since there's no other choice), and try to see the positive. smile.gif

Edited by Tecca

Well, got a forest one. I seem to have more luck at these 5 minute drops than the hour.

Those eggs have got to hatch sometime soon; I need to know if these are the dragons I think they may be. It was the first thing that popped into mind and I don't believe I've seen them on the Completed List in a while... I just have a good feeling.

To all the people grousing about change:

Aw, poor little thing. Bless your heart. Here, have a bite of my omelette. smile.gif

What i'm going to do is like... well, I got one from Alpine there. i'm going to get one from Forest. then Alpine, the forest so I know i'll have three of each.... if I can them them all laugh.gif

Or you know... I could grab 3 Aplines in one 5 minute drop and screw my own plans over.

rolleyes.gif

Very interesting release! Haven't gotten any yet, but I'm excited!

I rather prefer the scheduled releases. I've a somewhat busy life, being in college and often loaded with homework. I don't mind if the drops start at Midnight DC time or 1pm (as I'm three hours behind Eastern time) but, knowing for certain which weekend/day the drop is happening on is highly beneficial to me and, I'm sure, many others.

If we do go with random releases, perhaps at least some kind of notice a week before the drop happens would work out nicely. Maybe "random" just means that it won't necessarily be the first weekend anymore. It could be "hey, let's have the drop on the third weekend" or something and a notice is posted some time before it does happen. That way, people don't have to sacrifice their lineages or other projects in order to keep their scrolls open for a new release.

Personally, I'm trying to be more on top of my lineage projects; I'm actually just shy of finishing a few. I would hate for my hard-work on these lineages to start collecting dust and get left forgotten. I'd rather not see anyone give up their lineages because of the uncertainty of catching/missing a new release.

I do agree with those who are wishing that TJ or some other moderator had posted a Poll to garner the public's opinion about changing the schedule and such. As it is, my luck is kind of terrible when it comes to hunting down rare/uncommon/Holiday dragons that I didn't get when first being released because of my former inactivity some couple years ago.

why 8 eggs?!?? Multimorphism? (Does that word even exist? xd.png) ah, but TJ always freezes 1 hatchie, soo... Tetraphism? xd.png

Well, i'm still exited for this~ biggrin.gif

Got my 7. That was hard but I still prefer this to random releases which I can remember from the past.