TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

~Removed~

Honestly people, I feel you. This is TJ's game and if he wants to throw us curveballs to keep it interesting to him, so be it! I'd rather he do that then get bored with doing the same old thing to appease all of us. This place is NOT a democracy.

It's TJ's game, yes, and he can do what he wants. However, he should take opinions from the community into consideration (and he does) because a game is nothing without it's players. If enough people are unhappy and just leave without a word as you say they should, eventually this game will die.

Also, way to insult people who do better with set schedules. Thanks, appreciate it. dry.gif I wasn't asking to be spoonfed, nor do I need to be. I just prefer it when I'm able to plan ahead.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Phew, I managed to catch four of them - 2 from the Forest, 2 from the Alpine. cool.gif

~Removed~

Honestly people, I feel you. I do.This is TJ's game and if he wants to throw us curveballs to keep it interesting to him, so be it! I'd rather he do that then get bored with doing the same old thing to appease all of us. This place is NOT a democracy.

~Removed~ It maybe TJ's toy, but it's the players who keep it going. Without them there would be no revenue from donations or from the adds they view. Take that away, and there is no DC. A monarch is nothing if no one follows him, so it pays to listen to your surfs.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

These eggs look really amazing! I can't wait to see what comes out of them ^^

Honestly, I don't really care when releases are. I don't pay attention to the schedule so this was actually a surprise for me when I logged in this morning. I wouldn't mind new releases being changed around from time to time, since it's always a pleasant surprise! I do feel bad for people who might not be ready and have rare or nice bred eggs on their scroll that they don't want to part with and for people who can't make it on certain days or times but it's impossible to make a game like this work for everyone. Even if a release time messes me over then that's just how it is, I suppose.

I catched my first one~

Wow... Imagine, they'd all look the same when they hatch and they'd just become different the moment they get adult... that would be... Nebulas. But with moisture. ...Moist Nebulas!

Hour and a half later

"Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else."

starts to seriously bug me.

Well, i'm fully locked. 4 Alpine, 3 forest. Influenced 2 of each.

Good luck to the rest of you c:

Hmm, if there are alt forms of the dragons, it may not be due to biome like the Coppers and Opals. Maybe it depends on the time of day the egg is caught or hatched, like Day/Night Glory and Sunrise/set. Although those are genuine different breeds that come from the same egg, and TJ did say this is "one dragon breed, eight eggs." And then there is the possibility of scroll-based differences like Snow Angels, or it could be random-ish like Nebulas. Or maybe it means something completely different than what we think? huh.gif

Edited by Tecca

Or you know... I could grab 3 Aplines in one 5 minute drop and screw my own plans over.

rolleyes.gif

What I do so my flailing method of spazz clicking for new eggs doesn't mess me up, is grab AP eggs before hunting. For example for this drop I grabbed 4 APs, head to Biome X, get my 3 new eggs, drop APs, go to Biome Y, and spazz like a freak to lock myself. laugh.gif

What I do so my flailing method of spazz clicking for new eggs doesn't mess me up, is grab AP eggs before hunting. For example for this drop I grabbed 4 APs, head to Biome X, get my 3 new eggs, drop APs, go to Biome Y, and spazz like a freak to lock myself. laugh.gif

I never think that far ahead xd.png

Hour and a half later

"Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else."

starts to seriously bug me.

I feel you! I'm just checking in once in a while now, waiting for everyone else to go away xd.png

Whew locked. Got 4 Forest and 3 Alpines. I tend to have better luck finding what I want out of the Alpine than the Forest, so I got 4 of those first. Figure I can get a fourth Alpine later down the road

Imagine if every single player installed adblock just for one week. No revinue from ads, then TJ might listen. Supply and demand. If enough players are tired of being jerked around and leave what happens then? This is a business for TJ, not just a game. There are many other similar games that treat their players much better.

Imagine if every single player installed adblock just for one week. No revinue from ads, then TJ might listen. Supply and demand. If enough players are tired of being jerked around and leave what happens then? This is a business for TJ, not just a game. There are many other similar games that treat their players much better.

You vastly overestimate how much I am motivated by money. The game and the community are the highest priority, not ad revenue.

I feel you! I'm just checking in once in a while now, waiting for everyone else to go away xd.png

I'd do that too if it wasn't so late around here.

Weeeelll maybe tomorrow morning/day could provide a few eggs :l

I work. I have a job. Way back when, with random releases, I couldn't *be* here because of my job or my doctor appts. I do *not* think it's "spoonfeeding" to want to be on a level playing field with others. I remember trying to catch *after* the new ones mixed with old, and that is simply not fun. This is a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

Whew, that was an exciting hunt. biggrin.gif

I wonder if these dragons will go well with the Cassare, the eggs look nice together...

Edited by dustpuppy

I've only managed to get one egg so far, but I'm going to keep at it. I can't wait to see what kind of dragons these are! Thanks TJ and spriter(s).

Edit: Whoo got a second one biggrin.gif

Edited by Tecca