TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

They're were definitely eggs at the 1:00 p.m. drop. I picked up seven because I was waiting on Forest (good luck that) rather than looking at the announcement and then going to the Cave. But the 5 minute drops are murder. Too many people and gone - zip like that. Better to wait for the hour drop when, at least, most people have a fighting chance.

I found the problem is that unlike last month when my clock was 2 min slower than the dc clock, this month I'm 2 min faster... so 5 min drops are at 7 past... where last time they were at 3 past... idk what happened, I know I didn't change my time settings or anything on my end lol.

I didn't even realize there was a release today! O-O

So, I guess I missed it, didn't I?

I can always try again later. ;u;

I know they will be easier to catch later, but I just can't make myself wait. I keep trying for them, managed three so far. Quick little buggers.

Got my seven.

I hope that there will still be a release a month, just more randomized.

Impossible to get. And the people who find the monthly release stale are insane and once again a small minority's opinion is held above the rest of the community. Ever heard of a poll?

Don't worry you didn't miss the release - the new eggs drop every 5 minutes wink.gif

The only thing is that they go by soooo fast you can barely see them.

Edited by RulenneClarissa

Impossible to get. And the people who find the monthly release stale are insane and once again a small minority's opinion is held above the rest of the community. Ever heard of a poll?

Hah! Forget about majority rule - this is DC!

Three from Forest and one from Alpine so far. I'm trying to split up my catches in case there's biome-linked alts. Five-minute releases are always short, so their length doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary... I've caught all mine on 'fives so far.

The new eggs are still the only things dropping in the biomes at every 5 minutes and top of the hour. It should stay like that for several more hours, so you haven't missed it. smile.gif

Got my seven.

I hope that there will still be a release a month, just more randomized.

that's what it sounds like, with a possibility that we may get more than one a month... so instead of getting 2 dragons on the first sat of the month there's a chance to get one that weekend and a second later on... we don't know what TJ will do, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun for every one. Easier for people trying to breed as well, since they won't stress that they can't breed this week since they know they have a release, they can breed when ever they want and if they do miss a release trade / catch up later... rather than having nothing new to do on DC for 3 of the four weeks in a month.

25 second release this time around. What's the record for shortest time so far?

A while back (can't remember which release) the biomes got cleared out barely 20 seconds in, so no record there laugh.gif

I say that I can't catch them then fill my scroll. Mostly with alpine, two from the forest.

Not really thrilled with no longer knowing when new eggs are dropping. I never liked the old system. Having to decide if I wanted the new eggs or the eggs already on my scroll when a drop happened.

You never know. He could do one breed say week one of a month, then a 2nd breed the third week rather than having two breeds on the first weekend. We don't know what TJ will do until he dose release something, and every month may be different.

and you are right, you can't please every one. I know myself and a lot of others missed the old, random drops... also hate this middle of the afternoon nonsense becuase it adds so much extra lag.

That is something that I would have preferred to see rotated -- the time of the drops. Since this afternoon thing works for some and midnight works better for others, it would have been nicer to swap the times up on alternating months so everyone has a fair chance. I tend to work double shifts on Saturdays so I only end up with about two hours to hunt, if I'm lucky. At least the midnight releases gave a full 24 hours to pick up eggs on the first day.

I remember when talking about the time change to noon, and how so many people were unhappy with it TJ said he didn't like Polls for various reasons, and found the results inacurate.

You also have to remember that a large portion of the DC player base does not use the forums, so they would not be represented in a poll.

And how do you know it is a minority? What if it is a majority of users that thinks the every month at the same time is boring? The only people who seem to be posting are the people who are complaining, yes... but it is true that people who do not have a complaint are less likely to post than some one who is complaining about something. So for every one person saying they do not like the random drops there could be 6 people who do like it and are just not posting about it.

I like the eggs, they seem Metall looking to me lol.

Havent been able to catch one yet but will keep trying

I am not happy at all with a return to random releases. It will make it very hard to manage my breeding schedule and still have any scroll space for new eggs when they come. sad.gif

I have not managed to get any of these, yet. They are gone so quickly! I keep clicking like mad and come up empty. I should just wait until later when it will be less stressful, but we are getting company in a couple of hours and that will be the end of hunting for today. sad.gif

As usual, unable to catch a single one in the first hour. :|

And it's either 4 alts, or 2 alts with dimorphism.

But yes, please poll DC before making important changes. :/ I like knowing when there's going to be a release so I can plan for it!

Now that it's possible to get a release any day of the week, I won't be doing anything else. No breeding or lineage work any more, because I'll feel the need to keep my scroll open 24/7 just in case. Definitely puts a cramp in the way that I play, because my style requires an egg caught on the first day of the release. *shrugs* Can't please everyone.

TJ's post said that the releases would still be on the weekend, so the weekdays are safe for other things.

TJ's post said that the releases would still be on the weekend, so the weekdays are safe for other things.

"Very likely", but that means he might go random every once in a while. wink.gif

.....and I just caught the same egg in 21 different tabs. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Sir Barton

I kinda doubt that he is planning more than one release a month. I think the scattering just means that we never know what day we'll get things.

I really didn't care for the way it worked in the old days, but at least the release was generally midnight on Saturday so you could still make loose plans. Now that it's possible to get a release any day of the week, I won't be doing anything else. No breeding or lineage work any more, because I'll feel the need to keep my scroll open 24/7 just in case. Definitely puts a cramp in the way that I play, because my style requires an egg caught on the first day of the release. *shrugs* Can't please everyone.

Well, you don't have to give up on breeding/lineage work entirely. But yes, there is the problem that once a month (or twice, depending on what "scattering" means in this case) you have to abandon the batch you bred if you can't emergency-incubate them. Not a thing to look forward to, but most of the eggs you breed will make it to adulthood without a release interfering.

@new eggs:

Catching these is quite the bloody battle. Tried every drop so far, get in about three to four tries each drop, and all I have to show for it are two eggs. But then again, I hope this means they are at least uncommon. We had so many commons lately (which is a good thing), that it would be time for something a little less numerous.

The lag is horrific... when do I get to see eggs, or have the pages load for me to be able to see anything??? Even resetting my connection & rebooting everything, the lag hasn't let up...

To be exact he said very likely still on weekends. wink.gif Which means they could be at other times, too. He is hedging his bets.