TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

"Very likely", but that means he might go random every once in a while. wink.gif

*shrug* Then one egg slot always open should be sufficient, if your release-day needs are filled with a single egg. ^..^

So for every one person saying they do not like the random drops there could be 6 people who do like it and are just not posting about it.

That does not sound probable statistics-wise.

Me just now: "Oh boy! It's past 1 PM on a Saturday time for a new dragon cave release!"

*logs in, gets to announcement thread*

One egg in two biomes, with alts for the one egg, apparently. Possibly multiple alts. I hate alts. SO much hate for alts.

Oh and they're taking away the scheduled releases? What the heck? Wow okay. Very likely stay on weekends... considering the fact this stuff changes at the drop of a hat... I don't like the sound of that.

I'm officially done with dragon cave now. It was fun while it lasted, but see you guys later.

Yay! Thank you for the new release! This has to be one of my favorite eggs so far - so pretty! biggrin.gif

Not happy about not knowing when the release will be, but if it's at last on the weekends, I can deal with it. I was just starting to get into a rhythm between collecting and breeding. The weekend is the only time I have to sit down and hunt the cave, so I tend to do my breeding during the week....

I will try to reserve judgment for now, because I've never played without some sort of idea when the next release will be.

As usual, unable to catch a single one in the first hour. :|

And it's either 4 alts, or 2 alts with dimorphism.

But yes, please poll DC before making important changes. :/ I like knowing when there's going to be a release so I can plan for it!

He didn't poll people about the time change... he just changed the time with no warning. So all the people who's time zone was at midnight or later stayed up for no reason.

Be glad he gave a warning that he was going to make the drops random before he started it.

Hmm. Wonder what these eggs will look like when they hatch.

I snagged an egg from both biomes, just in case they look different based on habitat.

Alpine was empty in less than 19 seconds 0.o

Not liking the back to no schedule *at all*. I liked knowing when I had to have room. Who are these players who think it's stale? I've seen a lot of censorkip.gif*ing about a lot of things, but that isn't one of them. It's just as brilliant as changing the drop time from midnight to 1 PM. dry.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

.....and I just caught the same egg in 21 different tabs. rolleyes.gif

And I just got 10 "this egg is already taken" tabs for the same egg. xd.png

Aaaaand locked. Influence army, to work! Now I can get other things done and wait for TJ's to hatch.

I'm actually looking forward to trying to catch these. It's been a while since we had a truly 'difficult' new release.

Edited by Crobat

Got my first one! biggrin.gif Wow, these eggs are slippery tongue.gif

Well they are covered in a layer of moisture! ;D

Hah! Forget about majority rule - this is DC!

My thoughts exactly! smile.gif

I got 4, 2 Forest and 2 Mountains, and I'm locked for several hours.

Just a reminder. Weekend for Americans are not the same for the rest of the world i.e. 3pm sunday afternoon means Monday to some of us. But I guess the rest of the world doesn't matter. And a poll on the main page on Dragcave with 2 choices: release stay monthly yes/no. Not that difficult.

Not liking the back to no schedule *at all*. I liked knowing when I had to have room. Who are these players who think it's stale? I've seen a lot of censorkip.gif*ing about a lot of things, but that isn't one of them. It's just as brilliant as changing as changing the drop time from midnight to 1 PM. dry.gif

Agreed, I strongly disliked the new release time and now I have to hover in the cave for a random release?

Bwah, whatever he says goes though. I still miss midnight releases..... And I just missed the 5 min drop by typing this. *Headdesk*

I'm excited to see these as Alts. Why it makes lineages a headache to create, the alt'd dragon types are usually more more beautiful to me (the entire species, to be clear, not just the alts).

It'll be interesting to see how they vary based on biome/gender

So wait, are they all different breeds that just have the same egg? HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO INFLUENCE FOR M/F PAIRS AIEEEEEEEEEE *falls off a cliff of compulsive behavior* xd.png

~Feathers

Agreed, I strongly disliked the new release time and now I have to hover in the cave for a random release?

Bwah, whatever he says goes though. I still miss midnight releases..... And I just missed the 5 min drop by typing this. *Headdesk*

You missed nothing, it MAY have been ten seconds or so..

No eggies for me this round. I think I'll just wait it out until people get their fills.

.....and I just caught the same egg in 21 different tabs. rolleyes.gif 

And I just got 10 "this egg is already taken" tabs for the same egg. xd.png

This... this is just priceless! laugh.gif

Edited by RulenneClarissa

TBH I'm really displeased with the time change as well. It's just grand knowing that I may as well just not play like I want to if I can't predict when to keep my scroll open.

How about having an on-site poll next time you want to pull something like this, TJ? We aren't exactly asking for a forum poll, here.

... And I just missed the 5 min drop by typing this. *Headdesk*

Yep, you have to be careful. Reading/posting here while waiting for the five minutes to pass is great, but you have to be there in the cave for the 20-or-so seconds. wink.gif