TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

See I never like this oh every first week of every month there is a new dragon... made things boring and stale.  Back when I started playing DC there were no "scheualed" drops except holidays... drops could happen any day of the week, and at random times of the day.

It was A LOT more fun, because you didn't know when they would be so it was more exciting, and if you missed it well that gave you something to do rather than getting all the dragons you want the first day they came out and then have nothing to work on collecting except rare ones.

I for one love the fact we are going to have random drops again.  And the way he said "Scattered" in the month implies that we may get months where we get more than one new release, rather than only one weekend each month getting something new.

well, I respectfully disagree with much of what you said.

of course, this is still just all opinion and conjecture - I take "scattered through the month" to just mean not always the first weekend, but any weekend. I see nothing to indicate more than once per month, and in fact, this raises the possibility that there won't be one every month, as he is not saying he will still do them every month.

and unless there are more egg slots provided for those with higher dragon counts, it means that those of us who do lots of breeding projects are either prohibited from doing breeding before each weekend, or will simply miss out on getting new eggs.

there aren't enough slots to do everything I want, as it is!!! this makes it worse sad.gif

I found nothing stale or boring about knowing that the drop would be today, and there was always a possibility TJ would skip it, because even the set-in-stone drops have fluctuated quite a lot.

While I miss a lot of things (like multiple-egg clutches) from 2009, I did not miss the unpredictability and rarity of the new releases.

Edited by daba555

Finally! I got my fill - 2 from each biome which will all be influenced accordingly. Now I can go to bed in peace. It's 2:00 am. c:

Woot woot, hour drops are where it's at!

Grabbed 4 to egglock myself, 2 from each biome biggrin.gif

I figured out how to do it:

Refresh in the biome, and place your cursor over one of the three eggs. As soon as the page finishes loading, click where your cursor is. tongue.gif Keep on trying until you get one. biggrin.gif

New release time! Wow, the lag is real. blink.gif That's surprising.

Wait...no more scheduled releases? dry.gif Really? I hated the random releases. Following a schedule is so much better for me.

I found nothing stale or boring about knowing that the drop would be today, and there was always a possibility TJ would skip it, because even the set-in-stone drops have fluctuated quite a lot.

While I miss a lot of things (like multiple-egg clutches) from 2009, I did not miss the unpredictability and rarity of the new releases.

Absolutely agree with this.

Edited by Allspice

Got three eggs, 2 from one biome, 1 from the other. I think I'm gonna wait until things cool down to get more..

Cheers to another release, thanks TJ and Spriters.

Got 4 on that release drop. Very hard to get, aren't they?

Not a fan of the change. As others have said, I can't be around every single weekend to make sure there is or isn't a drop. What with a family and other matters that usually happen on weekends, since that's when everyone is off work usually >.<

So I guess I'll just play catch up if the drop happens on a weekend I'm busy.

Oh butts. Trying to catch eggs on my girlfriend's computer is impossible sad.gif Even with the hour drops. Her computer doesn't have a refresh hot key... so the eggs are taken by the time I refresh from the browser.

Ugh!

/whines

Well I got a whole crap-ton from the Forest but only one from Alpine. If the differences are biome related I will punch a kitten.

Just a reminder. Weekend for Americans are not the same for the rest of the world i.e. 3pm sunday afternoon means Monday to some of us. But I guess the rest of the world doesn't matter. And a poll on the main page on Dragcave with 2 choices: release stay monthly yes/no. Not that difficult.

That is because the creator is in the US. Sites based in other countries aren't always going to cater to every whim possible to people elsewhere. Not because they don't want to, but because they simply can't. TJ does the best he can to please his audience. It is stated up front that the cave is based on eastern time. You knew that when you started playing, yet you still play.

Those in the US that are in different time zones "suffer" as well. He's not trying to exclude people, love.

smile.gif

I have wondering why the cave was empty! laugh.gif Time to go lurk in the biomes to catch a few.

Edited by evangeline5432

Got all seven! ^^ 4 from Alpine and 3 from Forest. Certainly going to influence these in hopes of some good breeding pairs smile.gif

Thanks TJ, Concept Writers/Creators, and Spriters. The eggs look lovely and I think vaguely familiar to me. Can't wait to see what they become and what is written about them :3

I wanted to verify whether or not the "8 eggs" was in - on the off chance- relation to more slots but it's not |D Still only 7 eggs allowed on a gold trophy. Oh well x3 I'm sure to get more in the future anyways smile.gif

Huzzah - egglocked myself with the hour drop ! That lasted longer than I expected (3 minutes, was it ?). laugh.gif

Phew, it has been quite some time that I needed this long (tried every drop from the start) to get my fill.

Well up to 4, just 2 more...

Yeah I am not a fan of the change of release myself either. Like knowing when things are due to happen as planning for game and RL. Breeding trades is going to spread out far more as abandoning just is not my style (but that is my style of game play)

Just to weigh in on the random releases-it usually is very difficult for me. If I don't know when they're dropping (and due working full time) I often miss the start of them and can't get to them until much later. I loved the planned for Saturday drops. But if they're unannounced vs. just dropping at different times/days of the month that DC users know about in advance I'd rather know in advance to have a chance to be there when new eggs drop. After my Copper nervous breakdown I don't want to be slow off the block catching any new release in case they're are different types or alts or other surprises.

And... my brother starts downloading something just before the 2pm drop... shooting my ping up to over 30k since our internet provider sucks. Yeay for dc not even loading... even the forums... the background and every thing is all white and the headers are missing.

I do miss the middle of the night drops when people in the house are asleep.

i love the egg! can't wait to see what's in it.

not sure what to think of 8 eggs/1 breed. multiple colors? dimorphism? different sprites for each gender like the nebs?

kind of relieved that the monthly releases will be more random. i might be able to catch up on some lineages.

Edited by spring_dragon

ONE so far. sad.gif But I still prefer this time. And the schedule....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I like the new eggs, however I like a lot of others do not like the fact the releases are going to be random again. It seriously effects my play stile ((as the sight rules say you can't force anyone else play stile on others)) as I like I hunt in the ap and now I gotta make sure I have room on my scroll for new stuff. If this has to happen I would like a poll to brought up to see just how meany want to go back to the old ways or if they like to know in advance.

WB

I had to abandon nearly every egg I had (including my CB Blusang) to make room for the new eggs. sad.gif