TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

On the subject of random time releases: I don't care either way. I always have some eggs on my scroll wether I know a release is coming or not. Also, I remember the time when the release was always random and the guessing game was fun sometimes. There might be less of a stampede on a surprise release too tongue.gif

~Off topic spam removed~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oh my god I finally got one!! biggrin.gif

My slow tablet isn't that bad then haha.

I'm locked. That was quick enough. Beautiful eggs! smile.gif

~Removed~

I like the idea of scattered drops. Knowing exactly when they were coming and what time was getting stale and boring imo. I'm glad TJ is going to add some mystery and variety to the site by switching up the drops. Just check through the weekends. Is it that hard? dry.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I started playing DC in October 2009 when I was a first year at University. I had a lot of time to play this and remember trying to get anything with dial-up, yes you read right, dial-up internet. Now I have a 40 hour a week job with extremely rigid rules concerning the computer and cell phone use. The random releases now means that I won't be able to get the new eggs, as I live in a third world country and my internet is miles slower than the regular DC user in USA. I have not ever been spoon fed anything in this game or anywhere else. All I ask is for a game that I enjoyed playing to keep a few things regular. As other people have said, we have private lives, and we would like to spend time with our families/friends/partner. It's easier to know when releases are coming, just to put less stress on us all.

I'm locked.  That was quick enough.  Beautiful eggs!  smile.gif

~Removed~

I like the idea of scattered drops.  Knowing exactly when they were coming and what time was getting stale and boring imo.  I'm glad TJ is going to add some mystery and variety to the site by switching up the drops.  Just check through the weekends.  Is it that hard?  dry.gif

It is when you work most weekends.

Imagine if this egg will be a caveblocker haha.

And I agree people shouldn't act so upset over the release change. I think it's only fair, devoted people get more odds at grabbing new releases. Plus it makes it more exciting in my opinion!

~Removed~

Honestly people, I feel you. I do. This is TJ's game and if he wants to throw us curveballs to keep it interesting to him, so be it! I'd rather he do that then get bored with doing the same old thing to appease all of us. This place is NOT a democracy.

I'm not sure how to want to know a schedule in advance so we can organize our commitments, jobs and families around it is equivalent to being "spoonfed."

Wow a new release! Finally something to divert my mind off the illness that's been eating me since yesterday. laugh.gif

The eggs are very pretty and I'm excited what dragons are gonna pop out. At the same time, these eggs are so hard to catch. I only managed two so far.

How often are they dropping? I have been trying every fifteen minutes and with my new comcast set up, I am slow. I have one egg, roomie none so far. Any extra bit of help, such as knowing how often they drop would be appreciates.

I am good with random drops or assigned drops. I usually get the time or date wrong any how. My fault; no one elses. I missed a lot of random eggs but it was exciting to actually discover a drop happening. I do like knowing I can probably snag a few new eggs on a certain day or night, but if TJ wants to switch it up, it is his site and he allows us to play on it.

Thanks, TJ.

Oh, everyone talks of seeing TJ's scroll; how do you do that? I never have seen it.

Help? Thanks. wink.gif

I got a couple + one emergency egg in case if the couple refuses^^

But have I just noticed people complaining only the new eggs spawn into caves??? Gee to me the current dropping system works perfectly good! I'm a student and I don't have time for hunting during the semester! It's a huge relief to me! I still need about an hour to hunt 3 eggs of one new breed, they disappear in maybe half-a-minute and I need to wait another 5min! It's still not too easy to get new release eggs! But now it's more reasonable.

Cheers:)

I got two of the new eggs just a few minutes ago. I have not put them up on any click site, but someone else did. If I hadn't been watchful, they might have been killed by getting too many clicks too fast. Why do people do this? Was someone trying to punish me for simply saying that I prefer knowing when the eggs are going to be released?

I have not handed out many warns because I know things spiral quickly and easily when things begin to get heated. I have removed many posts or parts of posts that were spam (something that should have been sent as a PM to another user or things that should have just been sent off as reports to a moderator - remember there is a report button in the top right hand of all posts) and others that were disrespectful. This is the one warning this thread is going to receive: it is fine to express an opinion on the information we were given in the OP. It is fine to agree or disagree with this information and express your own opinion on it. I will absolutely not tolerate name calling though. It is possible to disagree with someone's opinion without insulting them. Just because you find the game easier or more exciting or better one way doesn't mean everyone else has to have the same experience. Debate the topic, not the person. If someone is throwing around insults, that needs to be reported. If you reply in kind, you will also receive a warn.

If necessary, take things to PM and work things out in private.

But again: everyone is allowed an opinion. Please respect others when theirs differs from yours.

I just looked on the cave, saw there was a new release, and managed to get all 7 of my eggslots filled using two five minute drops. smile.gif

wish I had that Kind of Internet Connection...

not knowing when Releases might happen will be making it all even worse...

Pity, I guess I'll have to get back to breeding for getting newly released eggs. Breeding 8th Gen Purebreds of all Dragons with all CBs on my scroll will be much much harder then. Sigh...

How often are they dropping? I have been trying every fifteen minutes and with my new comcast set up, I am slow. I have one egg, roomie none so far. Any extra bit of help, such as knowing how often they drop would be appreciates.

I am good with random drops or assigned drops. I usually get the time or date wrong any how. My fault; no one elses. I missed a lot of random eggs but it was exciting to actually discover a drop happening. I do like knowing I can probably snag a few new eggs on a certain day or night, but if TJ wants to switch it up, it is his site and he allows us to play on it.

Thanks, TJ.

Oh, everyone talks of seeing TJ's scroll; how do you do that? I never have seen it.

Help? Thanks. wink.gif

Don't they usually drop every five minutes? I'm pretty sure that's how it was for me.

It is when you work most weekends.

Well, that's life, Sir B. There is no way on God's green earth TJ is going to satisfy every single person on this site no matter what he chooses to do.

~Removed~

Thanks, TJ.

Help? Thanks. wink.gif

New eggs drop every five minutes (3:00, 3:05, 3:10 etc).

Thanks, TJ.

Help? Thanks. wink.gif

They drop every 5 minutes

They drop every five minutes with the longest drops being on the hour (or when your clock says xx:00), but it seems that they've been easier to catch the further it gets from the initial release.

I really like this egg...it feels refreshing and reminds me of wind and nature and a cool, fresh breeze...

I honestly thought for a minute that TJ had given us an extra slot... ha ha rolleyes.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Thanks, TJ.

Help? Thanks. wink.gif

To my knowledge, there's no way to see his scroll, but you can always see his new dragons from the original post. The only part of his scroll I've seen is his breeding dragons.

I managed to get three from the Alpine and three from the Forest. Honestly, I forget about the scheduled drops that the change to random won't affect me much as long as the frequency is similar.

These dragons are permanent, you can get more after your current ones hatched.

Yeah, maybe just like the coppers...