TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

You posted on the forum that's why you have views. People get curious when you have a link to your scroll and start clicking. I doubt it was done with malicious intent (if it was you'd probably have hundreds more views and a dead egg).

the two new eggs have over 1,000 views and they are less than an hour old... idk how they are not dead.

the two new eggs have over 1,000 views and they are less than an hour old... idk how they are not dead.

Probably a view bomber then. I didn't go look to see how many views there were, I don't go creeping scrolls unless I'm asked. laugh.gif

My theory is there will be an Alpine variety, and a Forest variety both with dimorphism.

That way the 8 eggs are = Alpine Male/Female +M/F frozen hatchie||Forest Male/Female+M/F frozen hatchie

user posted image

No, really. Spoilers get edited out by mods. laugh.gif

*sigh* Whhhyyyyy?!

((also, love the use of River Song!))

I think the random drops will be fun, adding to the excitement of a game that's been getting boring for the last year with the oh, here's every thing at once right on a set timer.  See you next month.. and oh yeah, nothing new or exciting for you to do in the game until next month so no reason really to play except to breed or hoard different types.

While I understand your point, that is not accurate. Many of use are very busy creating lineages or trading, just to give a couple of examples.

Probably a view bomber then. I didn't go look to see how many views there were, I don't go creeping scrolls unless I'm asked. laugh.gif

yeah, I hid the eggs and my scroll for now, seemed safer since I have an avatar hatchie that I don't want getting sick either.

It's just really sad that some people are so immature that they think breaking some one else's toys will make them feel better. And it takes the joy out of this new release and the pretty new eggs... since I have to hide them and feel that other things on my scroll are at risk too.

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't want random releases, this was the best plan to get everything organised for a release... Random releases will be hell again because of time zones and everything. I mean now I know this release happens at 20.00 in my time zone... DON'T MESS UP THE RELEASES!

I got one! From the Forest. Now to get one from Alpine, and I'll be happy for now. Whew! These are hard to catch. :-)

Having eggs handed out every month at the same time, with no competition of other eggs during the drop time gets really boring and leaves nothing to do on dc for the rest of the month except try to breed which is not always a garentee.

Except eggs aren't just "handed out", we still have to fight for them just like any other wanted egg. And if you think it's boring the rest of the time, that's fine, but that's *not* how I see it and I'm sure other people still like the game the rest of the time. I deal with breeding and naming and building armies, and that takes up time just fine.

~Removed (please leave the modding to the mods or work things out in PM)~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Removed~

~Removed~

If no one says anything, then TJ will never know what people think of a change. I have no problem with people complaining about either change(or no change), and I am sorry someone viewbombed you.

Personally I am reserving judgement until I know EXACTLY what this means. If it means going back to old times where we had a release every few months, then yeah, I will be unhappy. The game was BORING at that point. If all it means is that there will be same number of releases, just on a random weekend, then I can live with that.

I've given up hope of getting a egg today, with any luck things will have calmed down by tomorrow. *sigh*

but anyway, thanks TJ and all the spriters! I look forward to being able to get one!

It's just really sad that some people are so immature that they think breaking some one else's toys will make them feel better.   And it takes the joy out of this new release and the pretty new eggs... since I have to hide them and feel that other things on my scroll are at risk too.

~Removed~

By your own accord, isn't view bombing just another way to add challenge and fun to the game? After all, you have to put more work and effort to make sure they don't die =p

Seriously though, inconvenience does not equal fun for a majority of the population. Having unscheduled releases is an inconvenience to the work, sleep, and free-time schedules for many, and being at odds to such a change is in no way being entitled and lazy. There are other ways to make things interesting and exciting that don't involve makings stressful or unecessarily difficult.

exactly, it's a game and it's suposed to be fun.

Having eggs handed out every month at the same time, with no competition of other eggs during the drop time gets really boring and leaves nothing to do on dc for the rest of the month except try to breed which is not always a garentee.

I like the random drops. I miss the random drops.

Keep the -only new eggs drop for 24 hrs- or how ever long it is but make them random, that will bring some of the fun back that dc has lost.

~Removed~ 

TJ does have a life outside of DC.  Maybe he wants to be able to go on a date or something on a Saturday and not have to worry that oh no it's the first weekend of the month I can't go out!

I think the random drops will be fun, adding to the excitement of a game that's been getting boring for the last year with the oh, here's every thing at once right on a set timer.  See you next month.. and oh yeah, nothing new or exciting for you to do in the game until next month so no reason really to play except to breed or hoard different types.

----

I think some one was trying to view bomb my new eggs because they did not agree with my opinion.  I know I am very vocal, but it is my opinion and I have just as much right to express it as any one else on this site does.

And we have a life outside of DC, too. We have dates to go on. Jobs to show up to. Medical issues to attend. Families.

The game is something many of us do to unwind. If we wanted a "challenge" we would be playing something other than a collecting game. This is an escape from the trials and annoyance of real life for many.

I have never felt spoon fed, and I find the term insulting. Knowing when a release will happen doesn't guarantee that you are going to get the new dragon. If a new release was conducted so that you open your scroll and a new egg has suddenly appeared, that would be "spoon fed."

We have to battle each other and lag with every release. Some of us have old machines and poor internet connections that handicap us further. There are no guarantees in this game. No one is being spoon fed, and no one ever gotten lazy from knowing a schedule. Schedules make us more efficient, and actually tend to make us more productive because we can squeeze other chores or actives into our already busy days.

~Removed (please leave the modding to the mods or work things out in PM~

~Removed~

While viewbombing in retaliation is immature, people do ultimately adjust to the changes or they quit. Those who aren't happy are simply voicing their discontent over a sudden change--as many sudden changes seem to happen on DC. Yes, a lot of it is done in an effort to improve game play for users and I am glad that TJ is letting us know in advance that future releases will be random, but there have been many adjustments regarding release times (including days and times) and that can be frustrating to people that would prefer a set schedule due to outside obligations like family, work, or school. At one point, I was working over 40 hours a week and attending grad school full time and I was happy that the releases were supposedly set because my time was limited. Now I am just attending grad school and my time is not so limited. Some people, like yourself, may want a challenge. Others want to relax as they play DC. This doesn't mean spoon-feeding or coddling or whatever choice of words that are currently being thrown around.

Also, many people want to do other things like breed for others or work on lineages or whatever else instead of sitting in a biome waiting for a possible new release or spending hours hunting when one happens.

Really, no one is forcing TJ to glue himself to DC. They just want some better communication.

Snagged 4 at the 5 minute drop. Now all I need is 3 more and I'm done. I wonder what's up with this? It's a mystery...

I just looked on the cave, saw there was a new release, and managed to get all 7 of my eggslots filled using two five minute drops. smile.gif

~Removed~

TJ does have a life outside of DC.  Maybe he wants to be able to go on a date or something on a Saturday and not have to worry that oh no it's the first weekend of the month I can't go out!

----

I think some one was trying to view bomb my new eggs because they did not agree with my opinion.  I know I am very vocal, but it is my opinion and I have just as much right to express it as any one else on this site does.

Yes, you have the right to your opinion. And others have the right to theirs. I noticed, in several threads, that if people limit themselves to "I like this because..." or "I don't like this because..." everything goes smooth. It is when someone starts insulting others with different views that things get out of hand. That does not justify view-bombing eggs (they did nothing, poor things) but does not help the happy feelings we could have with new releases.