TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

So looking forward to the lineages made from these. And the trades aplenty!

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. There are 14 known and actively breeding CB gold shimmers, which means less than 5 owners are willing to breed for a trade right now. And people seriously want a second gen gold for their new hybrid??

I've seen second gen prizes go for 8+ metallics and there are people willing to take one gold for their new hybrid.

Come on guys, you can basically summon a GoN for free (with a little time, of course) with all of the trio gifters of DC. It's not gonna work out for you.

Edited by Kojayo55

did the shading on the GoN sprites wings change or am i just losing it?

From the wiki:

user posted imageuser posted image

The entire sprite received an update.

Edited by Aprilis

*blush* Thanks for noticing!

Thank you for drawing the Guardian and Avatars for the announcement art! You always seem to have a knack for making your dragons look majestic, powerful, and fearsome.

Whoa, this is awesome! I love that it's something that will stick around, too. Instead of scrambling to grab eggs, we have time to play around and breed as many as we like. x3 It just makes me wish I had kept up with trying to summon! I did get one primordial energy egg from my lone GON guy though <3 The eggs themselves are so beautiful, I can't wait to see the adults!

Happy birthday DC =D

I like that the adult GoN received an update, but did the hatchlings? I haven't seen anything regarding them. I've never liked their strange leg placements at all. They're bending in ways they probably shouldn't be. :c Their bodies and tails look strangely serpentine with legs tacked on at weird angles.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. There are 14 known and actively breeding CB gold shimmers, which means less than 5 owners are willing to breed for a trade right now. And people seriously want a second gen gold for their new hybrid??

I've seen second gen prizes go for 8+ metallics and there are people willing to take one gold for their new hybrid.

Come on guys, you can basically summon a GoN for free (with a little time, of course) with all of the trio gifters of DC. It's not gonna work out for you.

Supply and demand. They have to try while everything is new and shiny. Prices will come down in a few weeks, I'm sure, but I wouldn't trade my little Avatar of Change for a 2nd gen shimmer. I know that my GON isn't going to be likely to breed another egg anytime soon, so my little baby is priceless to me. wink.gif

I like that the adult GoN received an update, but did the hatchlings? I haven't seen anything regarding them. I've never liked their strange leg placements at all. They're bending in ways they probably shouldn't be. :c Their bodies and tails look strangely serpentine with legs tacked on at weird angles.

lol. I remember the first time I saw one, and wondered why there was a squid in the hatchery. smile.gif I've never been able to think of the stage one as anything else, even if on a second look I do see a dragon.

From the wiki:

user posted imageuser posted image

The entire sprite received an update.

D: I liked the old ones more. More mystical looking wings, longer neck, no weird pelvic bump...

D: I liked the old ones more. More mystical looking wings, longer neck, no weird pelvic bump...

I kind of agree on those points. I'm glad the chest bump isn't as obnoxious, though it's still not exactly as smooth as it should be. I would like to see a slightly longer neck and clearer tail markings. Pelvic bump I don't really have an opinion on.

But the wings. omigosh, pretty much the ONLY thing I liked about GoNs was their wings and markings. While some markings are a bit easier to see, the ones on the tail aren't. But the wings! They used to have this awesome soft velvety look to them that made it seem like you were staring into an ocean and a blanket at the same time. While they look nice now and have better, more consistent shading, it ruined a huge part of what I liked about them.

The other changes do make me like the dragon more overall, though, and I'm happy to see them corrected. But the wings... oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Can someone be so kind as to donate a magma dragon <3 xoxo

But really tho 8 years. I started playing around 2009. Even then it doesn't feel like it was that long ago. Man time does fly tho. Congrats on making it this far and praise for many more years to come.

Supply and demand. They have to try while everything is new and shiny. Prices will come down in a few weeks, I'm sure, but I wouldn't trade my little Avatar of Change for a 2nd gen shimmer. I know that my GON isn't going to be likely to breed another egg anytime soon, so my little baby is priceless to me.  wink.gif

Pretty much this. I'm going to try breeding for myself and for friends before I go about any trading business.

@Necromend- Many people in the departure thread are giving away magmas (and other trio breeds), so you may want to check there. Or wait a few days and they'll start popping up in the AP.

Edit: Looks like there are two unclaimed magmas on page 12.

Edited by Jazeki

I feel like the new update for GoNs needed a few crits before being entered into the cave.. The tail has gecko syndrome where it gets too thick in a random part of the tail and then bends oddly. The neck is short and the chest is a barrel, making the dragon look like a dwarf more so then the elegance that it had before.

That's the reason the update bothered me more then anything, The essence of the mysterious wings could have also been captured and refined.

Otherwise, it's pretty...

nevermind~

*facepalm*

Edited by okura

I only have one GoN, and was unsuccessful at getting anything from breeding with a Gold. Oh, well, try again in a week.

And I have to wait until tomorrow to try to summon again. I hope it works.

The new wing texture is...hmm. Its nicely done but I can see why people think it takes away from the standards given by the older sprite. The membrane is too harshly lit.

As for me, another summon fail behind me, let's hope the increased chances will be in my favour soon.

Holly got me a primordial, as did a gold.

I like the update a lot. The guardians were pretty boring and useless on my scroll.

I liked the old sprite more. One GoN, one try, one new GoN egg! But i traded it for CB Silver. But i can always breed new next week. smile.gif

Though I have no real opinion on the sprites, I do want to point out the "pelvic bump" is anatomically correct.

You can see it in dinosaur skeletons. As a non-skeletal example, it's rather apparent on an allosaurus (top picture).

And don't forget the good ol' t-rex, too. o:

---

Anyway. I have no GoNs, but some very awesome people gifted me two hybrid Creation eggs! That has me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. C:

Hmm, no new announcement tonight. So the GoN's must be it then. Which is cool with me. I can go to bed now.

Yeesh. No GoN yet, so I thought I'd at least join in the event by breeding some Trio eggs for the AP. Except that now my Trio dragons have apparently all signed a pact of celibacy. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Barrdwing

Hmm, no new announcement tonight. So the GoN's must be it then. Which is cool with me. I can go to bed now.

That would suck, I was hoping for some new dragons that I could actually hope to get. But the update for the GoN's is cool too.