TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Breed beautiful Avatar from Magma. wub.gif Second pair didn´t gave any egg, and didn´t summoned 3rd GoN. Maybe next week. smile.gif

Happy Birthday DC and thank you for beautiful Avatars. biggrin.gif

I kind of agree on those points. I'm glad the chest bump isn't as obnoxious, though it's still not exactly as smooth as it should be. I would like to see a slightly longer neck and clearer tail markings. Pelvic bump I don't really have an opinion on.

But the wings. omigosh, pretty much the ONLY thing I liked about GoNs was their wings and markings. While some markings are a bit easier to see, the ones on the tail aren't. But the wings! They used to have this awesome soft velvety look to them that made it seem like you were staring into an ocean and a blanket at the same time. While they look nice now and have better, more consistent shading, it ruined a huge part of what I liked about them.

The other changes do make me like the dragon more overall, though, and I'm happy to see them corrected. But the wings... oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Yes, the tail markings too ;___; something about the new head doesn't appeal to me as much, either (I think it's the tongue--the change reduces some of the supernatural, almost glowing white color inside the mouth). But it's the wings that sting most. Updated fingers, sure, but mystic wings have now become plain blue...

Now, an update I would have liked to see involves a different rare cough silvers cough... xd.png

Though I have no real opinion on the sprites, I do want to point out the "pelvic bump" is anatomically correct.

You can see it in dinosaur skeletons. As a non-skeletal example, it's rather apparent on an allosaurus (top picture).

And don't forget the good ol' t-rex, too. o:

That's true for some animals, but not all. My geckoes and the snakes I've cared for certainly don't have one. Personally I preferred the more serpentine look, even if I'll agree it's not the most realistic for a typical dragon xd.png

Re Guardians of Nature:

- I love the old adult sprite because of the pilowy wings but was disappointed that it lacked the beautiful light blue of the egg as highlights

- I like the fact the new sprites have the beautiful light blue highlights but the wings are a litle sharp and no longer pilowy

So I like a bit of both sprites.

Well, someone's always going to be unhappy about an update. I'll admit I needed to get used to the new wings at first, but now I'm in love with them. The anatomy is much better throughout the whole sprite, and it is much more appealing in general, at least to me. Even if you dislike an update, you don't need to post everything that makes you prefer the old one; remember, Odie but a lot of effort into it, and although I doubt she expects everyone to like it, simply saying, "I preferred the old sprite, but what's done is done," and maybe saying a few things you dislike about the new one rather than giving a lot of critique in public that is very unlikely to get anyone anywhere and is purely opinion is more effective.

Edited by PieMaster

I think the older GoN sprite was kind of more 'mysterious'. The new one looks too 'cut out'. The edges are too sharp.

I don't mean to criticise anyone. Just saying what I think. The new one is nice too.

Edited by MessengerDragon

I love all of these gorgeous babies, but that black one is really my favorite. It looks absolutely lethal. Someone mentioned that it looks like a tiny T rex and it really does! I love it!

Edited by MedievalMystic

I did not realise at first but WOW I love that updated GON sprite. Simply gorgeous. I love how the wings have more definition, the chest seems rounder and the tails sharper. The details are much clearer. I guess it has to be sharper and more real now to finally crossed into this world fully to breed!

Thank you Artists for making a beautiful sprite even more stunningly gorgeous <3 I can't wait to get a third one!

Edited by Starscream

I love all of these gorgeous babies, but that black one is really my favorite. It looks absolutely lethal. Someone mentioned that it looks like a tiny T rex and it really does! I love it!

I picked that one to breed for just because of the t-rex look! smile.gif

I did not realise at first but WOW I love that updated GON sprite. Simply gorgeous. I love how the wings have more definition, the chest seems rounder and the tails sharper. The details are much clearer. I guess it has to be sharper and more real now to finally crossed into this world fully to breed!

Thank you Artists for making a beautiful sprite even more stunningly gorgeous <3 I can't wait to get a third one!

I LOVE the new sprite too - the old one was pretty but somehow blurred - like an out of focus photo, and now we can see it in all its glory.

I am still debating which of the pretty babies I should try for in earnest first. I got no egg the first time, but the eggs are beautiful, the hatchies adorable and I am willing to keep trying.

I LOVE the new sprite too - the old one was pretty but somehow blurred - like an out of focus photo, and now we can see it in all its glory.

you know, that is how it is best described. like an out of focus photo now clear. I should put my monocle in and see how really sharp it is. I say both sprites are equally beautiful and I kinda like the idea that it was blurry a bit because it was out of phase with us. Now it's with us.

It took me a while to get used to the new sprite, I liked the old one but the new one is very beautiful too. smile.gif

I absolutely love the idea, though I'm disappointed that I don't have a GoN yet for this. I know I'll be able to get one later but the specialness of the day is lost when I'm unable to get one that was born on the day of the event. I think I would have preferred the birthday event to be something that everyone could partake in, since it is a huge thing, but I guess it's ok. I guess now all I have to do is wait until my trio can summon again XD

For the most part I like the GON update. I like the old wing color/shading better, but otherwise it looks great. I can understand some peoples frustration and disappointment, even though I have one GON and it bred me a pretty new egg. I'm diabetic and when at birthday parties I can not have cake because I can not have sugar. So many events are focused around candy and other sweet things. I'm use to it now, but you can't help but feel a bit left out. I imagine those without GON or all the trios feel similar. It's like your left out, looking in at all those people having fun. I just wish there was a little more for this event, so everyone could have joined in.

Edited by annageckos

For the most part I like the GON update. I like the old wings better, but otherwise it looks great. I can understand some peoples frustration and disappointment, even though I have one GON and it bred me a pretty new egg. I'm diabetic and when at birthday parties I can not have cake because I can not have sugar. So many events are focused around candy and other sweet things. I'm use to it now, but you can't help but feel a bit left out. I imagine those without GON or all the trios feel similar. It's like your left out, looking in at all those people having fun. I just wish there was a little more for this event, so everyone could have joined in.

Well said. I feel the same.

Ooooooooooooooh. See, though, I'll be required by my insanity to freeze the third GoN I summon... *internal debate*

Got one of the new dragons, at least, a pretty little blue egg. Happy birthday, DC! This is the longest game I've played of this nature (since November '09, baby!) and it's been so fun to watch the game change and grow.

Hope everyone has fun!

~Feathers

For the most part I like the GON update. I like the old wing color/shading better, but otherwise it looks great. I can understand some peoples frustration and disappointment, even though I have one GON and it bred me a pretty new egg. I'm diabetic and when at birthday parties I can not have cake because I can not have sugar. So many events are focused around candy and other sweet things. I'm use to it now, but you can't help but feel a bit left out. I imagine those without GON or all the trios feel similar. It's like your left out, looking in at all those people having fun. I just wish there was a little more for this event, so everyone could have joined in.

Thank you for so eloquently stating how I feel!

I'm lucky enough to have 2 GoNs, the first I bred was not interested and I'm waiting for the other's potential mate to be off CD, so we'll see if I get an egg the first go-round. *fingers crossed*

Oooh Yay! Breedable GoN! C: Happy birthday DC

Of course my one GoN decided not to produce an egg just because its my birthday dry.gif

Aha, I guess a refusal of Sweetling x GoN is due to their size.

GoN is 9~10 times bigger than Sweetling! lol

Dragon Size Topic

it is a mere guess. :)

I didn't realise until some points out.

I was working on trading.

Aha, I guess a refusal of Sweetling x GoN is due to their size.

GoN is 9~10 times bigger than Sweetling! lol

Dragon Size Topic

it is a mere guess. smile.gif

Size doesn't mean that much Mints breed with Stones. and theres a much bigger difference there.

More likely they weren't assigned one of the three elements due to not really 'fitting' them