TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

D: I liked the old ones more. More mystical looking wings, longer neck, no weird pelvic bump...

I like the mystical looking wings too! The old way to color the wings matches the spirit of GoN more.

BTW, is this update the only 'event' on DC Birthday? Is there a possibility that another release/event comes in next few days? I heard that TJ likes surprise.............

Edited by SunSunSun

Yeesh.  No GoN yet, so I thought I'd at least join in the event by breeding some Trio eggs for the AP.  Except that now my Trio dragons have apparently all signed a pact of celibacy.  :rolleyes:

I was trying to, as well, and the same thing happened. I only managed to get one Ice egg. :c I already have three Ice and three Thunders and needed a third Magma. Well, looks like my Thunders are behind and Magmas even further behind Dx

That would suck, I was hoping for some new dragons that I could actually hope to get. But the update for the GoN's is cool too.

My thoughts, too. It's a nice birthday event and I'm very excited about the GoN's new stuff, but hopefully something else will happen for the rest of the users who don't have any. Not necessarily new dragons, but some other event.

I guess there was the new feature announcement, but that wasn't exactly a part of the birthday event.

For the people who don't have a guardian of nature... we need o wait for someone with a big heart ? Lol

I don't have a GoN myself, but this is good to know for if I ever do manage to get one.

Of course, I need to finish my Trio, first... >.>

And I was gifted the eggs I need to complete my Trio~ ^^

Edited by Allons-y~Geronimo

Happy birthday dragon cave.

Haven´t tried yet breeding my dragon, thinking of a good partner for my GON.

Got an egg! Now to try my luck at summoning a second GoN...

Nope, no luck. Figured :'D

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I honestly don't understand why anyone is complaining about this. As far as I'm concerned, this is freaking awesome. biggrin.gif I've been hoping for something like this for ages but didn't expect it to actually be implemented.

I am so silly, I miss the first day of DC birthday.

And I am sill wondering why there is no new eggs in the caves.

Until just a few minutes ago, I check on the news and see the new babies!!

Lucky I got my 2 Gon,(fail to summon the third one)

And I got 2 new eggs smile.gif

I am very please as I think Gon is a very beautiful dragon!

I honestly don't understand why anyone is complaining about this. As far as I'm concerned, this is freaking awesome.

I think it's awesome, too, and I'm not 'complaining' about it in the sense of saying it's horrible. I'm just sad that I can't take part in the birthday celebrations like I did last year, when I was able to catch every single new egg released. I don't have a Guardian, not even one. I tried to summon one when the odds were raised, but to no avail. So I can't even try to breed the new eggs. I don't understand why so many people don't get why some of us are a bit disappointed. My part in the birthday celebrations were over in the few seconds it took me to try to summon and get the message that it hadn't worked again. There's nothing I can do about it for another two weeks.

I wish the GoN limit was upped to 4 instead of 3. The odd number is going to play havoc with my poor OCD little brain xd.png

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE

and I must say I'm loving these new eggs and hatchlings oh I just can't wait to see that they are going to look like full grown xd.png

I honestly don't understand why anyone is complaining about this. As far as I'm concerned, this is freaking awesome. biggrin.gif I've been hoping for something like this for ages but didn't expect it to actually be implemented.

Because many people don't even have a GoN. It's like a beautiful present. You know you will have it eventually. But you don't know when it will come ture. Maybe 2 weeks later, maybe 2 months later, maybe 2 years later. However, it will never be your 8th birthday present anyhow. Because your birthday has already gone, and nothing happen on that day, that special moment. That feeling is a little bit like watching 'other cool/rich guys' party, which you are not invited to.

According to the Calendar, this is a "Single Day Event."

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=c...vent&eventid=29

Oh, thank you very much!

Now I can go hunting in the Cave. xd.png

Edited by SunSunSun

I think it's awesome, too, and I'm not 'complaining' about it in the sense of saying it's horrible.  I'm just sad that I can't take part in the birthday celebrations like I did last year, when I was able to catch every single new egg released. I don't have a Guardian, not even one. I tried to summon one when the odds were raised, but to no avail.  So I can't even try to breed the new eggs.  I don't understand why so many people don't get why some of us are a bit disappointed. My part in the birthday celebrations were over in the few seconds it took me to try to summon and get the message that it hadn't worked again.  There's nothing I can do about it for another two weeks.
Because many people don't even have a GoN. It's like a beautiful present. You know you will have it eventually. But you don't know when it will come ture. Maybe 2 weeks later, maybe 2 months later, maybe 2 years later. However, it will never be your 8th birthday present anyhow. Because your birthday has already gone, and nothing happen on that day, that special moment. That feeling is a little bit like watching 'other cool/rich guys' party, which you are not invited to.

yes yes all of this

I love the update and am excited for new dragons...it's just that I don't exactly have access to them yet unless I want to pay an arm and a leg for an Avatar or someone happens to give me one. Honestly, I'd rather just breed my own, but I need a super-fertile and non-judgmental GoN first and my trios aren't cooperating. :P Then again I only have two complete trios so they're just gonna be like that for a while until I feel like working with them. XD

Meanwhile, gonna watch the new hatchis grow up. o3o I'm excited for their adult forms. I really like the trio (and GoNs much much more than I used to) and all the recent releases thus far, so I have high hopes for these.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I'm loving this idea, I tried to summon my third GoN and I failed, bred my female GoN with a Falconiform Wyvern and got a smoldering egg from them, tried to breed my male GoN with a Frostbite and they REFUSED to go near each other, *headdesk* so I'll try again next week with another Frostbite and hopefully they won't refuse. Thank you TJ and spriters for another great release.

Happy birthday, DC! biggrin.gif

This is really a nice surprize! Hatchlings look amazing, so far. smile.gif

I only got an egg from my GoN's, a peach one, from Nhiostrife pairing. I'm still happy, though.

I think it's awesome, too, and I'm not 'complaining' about it in the sense of saying it's horrible.  I'm just sad that I can't take part in the birthday celebrations like I did last year, when I was able to catch every single new egg released. I don't have a Guardian, not even one. I tried to summon one when the odds were raised, but to no avail.  So I can't even try to breed the new eggs.  I don't understand why so many people don't get why some of us are a bit disappointed. My part in the birthday celebrations were over in the few seconds it took me to try to summon and get the message that it hadn't worked again.  There's nothing I can do about it for another two weeks.

Yeah, seconding all of this. It's only my, what...3rd month here? I haven't been here long, regardless. I just finished my first trio thanks to a friend gifting me a Magma egg, and hearing stories of how it can take YEARS to summon a Guardian of Nature, and how my own natural luck is terrible (you have no idea, I am the master of rolling crit-fails time after time after time)...yeah.

It's nice to see new shiny dragons, but at the same time it's disappointing because it's really not a good birthday event, as such. I would've kept this for a monthly release and done something big that can be done in a day, so it's an actual birthday type thing.

I'm not complaining, I'm just disappointed. That's all.

It's my birthday today and I was kind of hoping that the DC birthday would be a several-day-thing like last year with new dragons to catch from the cave.

Guess it's not this year.

And is there a confirmation that GoNs will always refuse Sweetlings? I'd really be disappointed by that.

Edited by lilysally

It's my birthday today and I was kind of hoping that the DC birthday would be a several-day-thing like last year with new dragons to catch from the cave.

Guess it's not this year.

And is there a confirmation that GoNs will always refuse Sweetlings? I'd really be disappointed by that.

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear lilysally,

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu! wub.gif

Edited by Nyastara

Many of us have been here a few years, it took along time to get GON's. I froze one of mine because that's what I do, never expected them to be able to breed. The point is why should it be easier for members that have not been here as long as others? By the way I was not able to summon as expected, it took me a at least a year last time,

Well it's already actually easier for new members.

The number of trios boost the chance some (in ye olde days we didn't get this boost)

The chance of summoning was boosted again (and we didn't have that boost either)