TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

I gotta say Im not very fond of it all.... The sprite update, for example, I do not like... I preferred the previous wings. But Im sure it'll just take some getting use too. And bumping the success rate? Eh... Gotta say I wont be as excited anymore if I summon successfully again... Also, breeding them is kinda... Ehh... Weird? But being able to have 3 GoN is... AWESOME!

Nevertheless, Happy Birthday dragon cave! And thank you TJ and whoever else worked on this for a cool update.

Its always nice to see something new! smile.gif

Although it hasn't been mentioned too much thanks to the race for the Avatars, I do really like the update to the GoN's adult sprite. It looks much cleaner and sleeker now.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

*sigh* What a disappointing event. This doesn't even compare to last year. Not liking the new hatchies much. Hope the adults look nice. Well maybe I can at least add a male GON to my collection one of these years.

Eyyy, female hatchies gendered! c8

Wonder if the adults will have dimorphism, since the hatchies don't.

The blue eggs remind me of abalone - they're gorgeous! Whenever I do summon a GoN, I think I'll try to breed a blue first.

The hatchlings are pretty amazing too - I would love to see more biped dragons, especially with a sort of dinosaurish appearance like these seem to have. (Is the dark-coloured one on the end reminding anyone else of Tyrunt/Tyranitar from Pokemon?)

Aww, cutie S2s! No interesting descriptions for them, but I guess that's to tie them together as a trio. Days cannot pass quickly enough, I wanna see adults!

... S2? /me dashes off to see

8D They're so cute! The spriters, birdzgoboom, Odeen and Shiny Hazard Sign did an awesome job of drawing->spriting->shading these. >w> Totally not jumping around right now squee-ing from the cuteness overload and bipedal-ness.

The success rate for summons will be welcome. After many attempts since June 25th 2011, I managed to get my second GoN in March and today summoned my third. Also the two I have were kind enough to breed for me, so I'm liking this birthday so far.

The hatchies are looking really good so far! Can't wait to see what the adults will look like.

My third summoning failed, but at least I got a Destruction egg from one of my GONs. <3

*makes sad face at the Sweetling refusals* Disappointing, considering other Valentine's breeds have been successful. Maybe permission was rejected or something... I still want to be hopeful though because Sweetlingsssssss.

Worst case scenario, they could still produce Sweetlings for Valentines day next year. smile.gif

My one GoN x Nhiostrife attempt got me a Nhiostrife egg, and my summon attempt for my third did not result in anything. (Big surprise there... tongue.gif ) Still, I am really excited to be able to get a female GoN, and just generally messing around with the various breedings as they go. More breeding goals to shoot for. Yay! laugh.gif

Was just alerted to the fact that Wrapping-wings haven't been on either the confirmed or unconfirmed lists! They've been added to unconfirmed, so if anybody's tried breeding with one this thread would love to know.

Thanks to the person who let me know! (;

The hatchies are all lovely! As always, can't wait to see the adult sprites! I hope all of these little buggers are easier to obtain than the ones who need to be summoned tongue.gif Then again, the harder they are to get, the more appreciated they are!

Awesome job spriters, Happy Birthday Dragon Cave, and thank you muchly TJ!

My breeding results were

GoN X Guardian (I always wanted to do this lineage!) = Primordial Energy Egg

GoN X Nhiostrife = Mysterious Energy Egg

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to breed one of my GoNs to a different mate to try for the Volatile/Destruction egg OR hope I can eventually summon a 3rd GoN and use it for breeding to have 3 different lineages.

Overall - I am pleased that this is one release of 3 eggs as opposed to last year and the 7 eggs in 7 days event.

Happy Birthday DragonCave *as I had yet to say this in any of my other posts* and thank you TJ and all spriters!

Also - has there been any word if the Avatar Dragons will be able to breed? Or is it all speculation at this point? I don't recall seeing anything in TJ's post (but then again - I am running on maybe 4 hours sleep total so I'm not all there at this time)

Edited by ShorahNagi

My breeding results were

GoN X Guardian (I always wanted to do this lineage!) = Primordial Energy Egg

GoN X Nhiostrife = Mysterious Energy Egg

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to breed one of my GoNs to a different mate to try for the Volatile/Destruction egg OR hope I can eventually summon a 3rd GoN and use it for breeding to have 3 different lineages.

Overall - I am pleased that this is one release of 3 eggs as opposed to last year and the 7 eggs in 7 days event.

Happy Birthday DragonCave *as I had yet to say this in any of my other posts* and thank you TJ and all spriters!

Also - has there been any word if the Avatar Dragons will be able to breed? Or is it all speculation at this point? I don't recall seeing anything in TJ's post (but then again - I am running on maybe 4 hours sleep total so I'm not all there at this time)

No word on if Avatars can breed. Have to at least wait till some grow up smile.gif

You're the best! My hope is that I get three Rugias with different affiliations. But first, I need to get one... Failure is all I have summoned so far.

No third GoN on my first 'new' summon. A refusal and a regular egg. But I managed to breed two ices to the AP for others. Hope they go to people who could really use them. =3

I'm so excited for this change and can't wait to actually get the hybrids! Happy birthday, DC. =3

And may I say, hat's off whomever drew the first post announcement dealieo. It's simply stunning. =o

Hatchies are so adorable!

And may I say, hat's off whomever drew the first post announcement dealieo. It's simply stunning. =o

*blush* Thanks for noticing!

Cool event! I managed one new egg, one refusal, and a successful summons for my 3rd GoN. Pretty successful I'd say!

Are the GoN's breedable all the time now, or just during the birthday bash? (Sorry if I missed this answer somewhere.)

Cool event! I managed one new egg, one refusal, and a successful summons for my 3rd GoN. Pretty successful I'd say!

Are the GoN's breedable all the time now, or just during the birthday bash? (Sorry if I missed this answer somewhere.)

They're breedable forever =3

did the shading on the GoN sprites wings change or am i just losing it?