TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

i think i am changing my mind about the limits being removed...... i have had a chance at over 2 dozen ap hollys and i have not caught one...... and the ap keeps lagging for me (even though i have really good internet) so most of the time i don't even get a chance at one any of them! no limits has turned people into little greedy grinches! I also have been trying for a wrapping wing but again having no luck with that either!!!!!!

Edited by Zerhai

i think i am changing my mind about the limits being removed...... i have had a chance at over 2 dozen ap hollys and i have not caught one...... and the ap keeps lagging for me (even though i have really good internet) so most of the time i don't even get a chance at one any of them! no limits has turned people into little greedy grinches! I also have been trying for a wrapping wing but again having no luck with that either!!!!!!

I don't think that at all. I just got my first few Hollies this year after hunting for a few years, and yes, even though they are difficult to grab this year, they always have been difficult to grab, even when there were limits.

There are a lot of generous people out there that are willing to gift and trade dragons--including Hollies-- to those that do not have any of a breed, so instead of calling people "little greedy grinches," you should look around and see if anyone is willing to help you get one. Two of the three I have were actually gifted to me from two people who saw I had never gotten a Holly before.

Everyone has the right to get as many dragons as they want... just because they have a number of them doesn't mean they're greedy, bad people. It isn't very nice to name-call. :/

I don't think that at all. I just got my first few Hollies this year after hunting for a few years, and yes, even though they are difficult to grab this year, they always have been difficult to grab, even when there were limits.

There are a lot of generous people out there that are willing to gift and trade dragons--including Hollies-- to those that do not have any of a breed, so instead of calling people "little greedy grinches," you should look around and see if anyone is willing to help you get one. Two of the three I have were actually gifted to me from two people who saw I had never gotten a Holly before.

Everyone has the right to get as many dragons as they want... just because they have a number of them doesn't mean they're greedy, bad people. It isn't very nice to name-call. :/

I think the greedy grinches was more at the people who snagged 7 hollys off the AP and are trying to use them to trade for CB metalics, low gen prize dragons, unbreedable rares, and neglected. So instead of sharing and helping others get Hollys they are using them to get better dragons that normally are hard to get.

Now there are a lot of nice people. I've only been able to catch two myself and I gave one away to a friend who is away this weekend on a business trip and won't have a chance to be able to try for themself -nods-

Not every one is a greedy grinch... but there are a lot of them out there. It's not "name calling" it's facts of life being unfair like always lol

Edited by Melisande

I know trying to catch a Holly can be frustrating. I tried for hours, wearing out my clicky finger lol, and getting nothing. I decided to post in a thread about Hollies and a few hours later a very nice person gifted me one. A Thuwed/Dusk lineage to boot. The next day I sent a trade for one in one of the trading threads. All they wanted was 4 Christmas hatchies for freezing (lineage didn't matter). After I sent the trade I noticed it was the same person who gave me the first one. I was too excited and didn't notice beforehand lol. Anyway, there are some very generous people gifting them. Just poke around in in some of the trading threads and you'll find some. Good Luck.....I hope you find one. smile.gif

-sighs- and it happens to be my luck that my eggs I got the other day hatch so I have space to try to get more... and my brother picks this afternoon, during the day when every one is home and trying to use the computer to download a video game so that no one can do anything except lag hardcore... and since he's downloading the game he decided to mat pretzles and french bread... even though my mom and I had set aside this afternoon for making christmas cookies to give to family members... and now the next few hours the kitchen is hyjacked by my brother and then when he's done mum and I will probably have to clean every thing, since he never lifts a finger to help with the dishes or cleaning the counters / table even though he's the one who made the mess in the first place... and we can't just leave it because we need to make dinner and use the kitchen as well. so can't make cookies with mom... can't catch dragons... i feel like i am going to cry... maybe I should go back to bed?

Each person plays the game they want to play it. No one is being "grinchy" or "greedy". People don't have to share what they snag off the AP, but it's nice if they do. If they want to trade them for something else they want as badly, it's OK too. The only rules are the ones on the Help page. Otherwise, my position is "who am I to judge?".

I know how frustrating it is to not catch a Holly. It took me 4 years to catch my first CB silver, and 5 for my first CB gold. This year was the first time I've ever caught a Holly in the AP! My first was gifted to me, probably because I wasn't spreading my frustrations through bitterness and name calling. sad.gif

I wanted to add that while I know some of you are having some qualms and confusion about the changes .... well .. that's to be expected. TJ took a rule set in stone and turned it into sand. Imagine what happened when people first learned the world wasn't flat nor the center of the universe.

Change is very shocking sometimes and well ... it took me a few days but I am so excited at my lineage and new baby prospects I am having a blast. Also .... very happy about the snow forts.!! I needed a winter home fit for my grandiloquent nature.

There are pros and cons to the new "rule" (or lackthereof...) for eggs. At first I was upset that the limit had been taken off, but at the same time, the people who wanted to give out Christmas eggs in past years did so just for that reason--because they wanted to. The ability to have more than two on their scroll isn't going to change a lot of players' desire to give to others. There may be some confusion now, but things will balance out in the end, I'm sure.

I know trying to catch a Holly can be frustrating. I tried for hours, wearing out my clicky finger lol, and getting nothing. I decided to post in a thread about Hollies and a few hours later a very nice person gifted me one. A Thuwed/Dusk lineage to boot. The next day I sent a trade for one in one of the trading threads. All they wanted was 4 Christmas hatchies for freezing (lineage didn't matter). After I sent the trade I noticed it was the same person who gave me the first one. I was too excited and didn't notice beforehand lol. Anyway, there are some very generous people gifting them. Just poke around in in some of the trading threads and you'll find some. Good Luck.....I hope you find one. smile.gif

im not saying there are not nice people..... god i have experienced it enough around this site to know that, i just think that people are going a bit crazy with it..... and i don't always like relying on people to receive something i like to rely on myself (thus why I have been haunting the ap for hours at a time)

I've wanted a Holly ever since I started here.

In the first two hours of the first night, I clicked easily about 200 different Holly eggs, all with the same message about "egg can't be found." My hands hurt, and I was frustrated, angry, sad, near tears. I wanted the increased limits, but I did kind of expect this. Still, with the adrenaline of the hunt, emotions do get wonky. blink.gif

Got up the next morning, clicked another 50-75, I don't know. A LOT. Lag. wonky internet. dry.gif Somehow though, one click out of all those finally landed on a little 4th gen spiral, which is my 2nd after my gifted 6th gen Holly from late last year. It's even pretty nice, compared to the lineages I looked at from some of the missed eggs.

I still want a 2nd gen, SOOO BAD! I don't know if it will happen this year, or even next. The even gen 3rd I tried to trade for was a wash because the trader only wanted another low gen Holly. That's their choice, and I understand that, no big. Part of the game. It may be frustrating for me for a moment, but I am persistent. Give me time, and I will persevere.

I have only bred two of my holidays so far, so I know there will be 2nd gens available from my Ribbon Dancers, Winter Mages and the 2nd Wrapping wing. My Yulebucks are 2nd and 3rd gen, so their offspring will be 3rds and 4ths. i did breed my 3rd gen Snow Angel, but still have not bred the 2nd gen, and my Holly from last year's gift is committed in a gifting thread.

There will be MANY more dragons. Take a deep breath, a good stretch, and good luck with your hunting! <3

Each person plays the game they want to play it. No one is being "grinchy" or "greedy". People don't have to share what they snag off the AP, but it's nice if they do. If they want to trade them for something else they want as badly, it's OK too. The only rules are the ones on the Help page. Otherwise, my position is "who am I to judge?".

I know how frustrating it is to not catch a Holly. It took me 4 years to catch my first CB silver, and 5 for my first CB gold. This year was the first time I've ever caught a Holly in the AP! My first was gifted to me, probably because I wasn't spreading my frustrations through bitterness and name calling. :(

This is basically how I feel. ovo" Which is why I dislike it when I see people calling others names for playing the game the way that they want to. You can disagree, but do so respectfully. c:

-sighs- and it happens to be my luck that my eggs I got the other day hatch so I have space to try to get more... and my brother picks this afternoon, during the day when every one is home and trying to use the computer to download a video game so that no one can do anything except lag hardcore... and since he's downloading the game he decided to mat pretzles and french bread... even though my mom and I had set aside this afternoon for making christmas cookies to give to family members... and now the next few hours the kitchen is hyjacked by my brother and then when he's done mum and I will probably have to clean every thing, since he never lifts a finger to help with the dishes or cleaning the counters / table even though he's the one who made the mess in the first place... and we can't just leave it because we need to make dinner and use the kitchen as well. so can't make cookies with mom... can't catch dragons... i feel like i am going to cry... maybe I should go back to bed?

Keep your spirits up, things like that happen, and something good will happen today for you. Who knows, maybe your brother will feel bad and clean up his mess, maybe somebody will gift you a pretty lineaged holly, maybe somebody has a surprise party for you.

I've wanted a Holly ever since I started here.

In the first two hours of the first night, I clicked easily about 200 different Holly eggs, all with the same message about "egg can't be found."  My hands hurt, and I was frustrated, angry, sad, near tears.  I wanted the increased limits, but I did kind of expect this.  Still, with the adrenaline of the hunt, emotions do get wonky. blink.gif

Got up the next morning, clicked another 50-75, I don't know.  A LOT. Lag. wonky internet.  dry.gif  Somehow though, one click out of all those finally landed on a little 4th gen spiral, which is my 2nd after my gifted 6th gen Holly from late last year.  It's even pretty nice, compared to the lineages I looked at from some of the missed eggs.

I still want a 2nd gen, SOOO BAD!  I don't know if it will happen this year, or even next.  The even gen 3rd I tried to trade for was a wash because the trader only wanted another low gen Holly.  That's their choice, and I understand that, no big.  Part of the game. It may be frustrating for me for a moment, but I am persistent.  Give me time, and I will persevere.

I have only bred two of my holidays so far, so I know there will be 2nd gens available from my Ribbon Dancers, Winter Mages and the 2nd Wrapping wing. My Yulebucks are 2nd and 3rd gen, so their offspring will be 3rds and 4ths.  i did breed my 3rd gen Snow Angel, but still have not bred the 2nd gen, and my Holly from last year's gift is committed in a gifting thread.

There will be MANY more dragons.  Take a deep breath, a good stretch, and good luck with your hunting! <3

sorry for being a bit of a pain, i usually don't complain like that, well not on the forum usually, i usually have someone irl to complain at....... and even then i don't really mean it, but i try not to bring it here cause I know there are a lot of people who are greedy and complain. I am just about finished with my first year of being Truly active here and I have been very lucky, even got my first cb gold months ago and my first cb silver not to long ago either.... not to mention those who have gifted me various dragons, from shimmers to tinsels to bsa's , and now my first holly.

Thank you to the very generous person who gifted it to me.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by Zerhai

I went to the wiki to see the hatchie sprite on the Holly, and read that TJ had said before the 2008 release that there were only 109 Hollies, one of them being in the wild.

So, 108 CB - and how many on scrolls no longer active? Lower-gen Hollies can't really get less rare laugh.gif

I caught a Holly first day, put it back. Then I caught another and someone had asked me very sweetly for help, as she knows I can occasionally catch things she can't.

So I gifted it to her, she gave it to her friend, and I caught another and gifted it to her. Many thanks and bouncing and hugs, etc.

I want a Holly, but I want a decent lineage. A friend of mine caught a lovely 4th gen even-gen with the original Thuwed pair. She asked me if I wanted it, I told her no because I know sooner or later I will have one.

Yes, I saw someone trading a bunch of them in one of the threads, but that's no more or less "greedy" than those with 5 or 6 golds at one time. If they can get them, good for them. If I could get them, I would!!!

If I could do that, I'd likely give some away, but that's just me. I also find it very, very hard to trade, even, a CB gold. Doesn't mean I'm greedy, just that I know I can't just go out and catch them whenever I feel like it smile.gif

Sooner or later, sooner or later, we will all get what we deserve.

Except, of course, for spriters' alts dry.gif )

I was wondering... Is this going to make the holly dragons less rare?

I highly doubt that >.> those sucker are hard to catch, and the low gens? I don't see them anywhere but in trade -.-

Probably not. The tinsels were used for 2 years, so I'm assuming the prize this year is going to be Shimmers again.

Is 25 the highest level?

Yes, it is.

So.. any word on if there'll be new prize dragons this year?

Nothing is certain, but it doesn't sound that way to me. Last year TJ said the prize dragons would be new, never before seen, dragons. This year he just said you would be entered into a drawing for a prize dragon. And the Tinsels were the prize for two years in a row, so I suspect the Shimmers will be also.

i got a holly 8 gen very messy lol but i am very happy to catch my very own holly,my second one i traded a 2nd gen pure silver for it was a 6th gen.

I'm wondering if my Fort is good or not, so I'm thinking I'll give a link to it in this post, here.

The Fort's HP is 177. Let me know if I need to change the Fort or add or take out some things.

I currently don't have any snow accumulated, so I'll have to wait to get some snow.