TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Does anyone know if you have to have a gold medal on your scroll to be entered in the raffle or is it just max level?

Those two things are generally synonymous.

Oh okay, thanks guys!

As for catching, no new hollies for me this year, but I got to gift one of mine to someone. <3 And I love the snow forts, I always loved holiday events on Dcave. So cute~

Catching a holly dragon is so hard! I caught one, but it had a dreadful lineage :3 . I have a very fast internet connection, but it seems other people can click faster >_< So far I have every Christmas dragon but holly sad.gif

TJ! Thank heavens you're here. May I ask if the replicating glitch has been fixed?

My babies are also gendering! They're so cute!

Can't wait for the new Christmas dragons- Midnight of the 25th, right? So the night between the 24th and the 25th, od the night between the 25th and the 26th?

And I already wonder which colour of snow angels I'll get...

Oh, have you any name ideas for this ribbon dancer? I have no inspiration for him...

My babies are also gendering! They're so cute!

Can't wait for the new Christmas dragons- Midnight of the 25th, right? So the night between the 24th and the 25th, od the night between the 25th and the 26th?

And I already wonder which colour of snow angels I'll get...

Oh, have you any name ideas for this ribbon dancer? I have no inspiration for him...

What about the song? "Dancing In The Moonlight" is a song, look at the lyrics. There's some interesting stuff in there for names. Maybe morph it with other dragon's name somehow.

"Before'ya Drive Me Nuts" X "Dancing In The Moonlight"

One part of the lyrics to the song "Dancing in the Moonlight" is Supernatural Delight.

If it's taken, maybe mix that with the father's name referring to going crazy.

Any update on this? I'm a silver badge, and it would kinda stink to be excluded :/ not the end of the world by any means but I'm curious as well

Badges update at levels 15 and 25. There's currently an oversight where it'll only update if you level up from attacking someone--leveling up from someone attacking you doesn't work. Before the end of the event, I'll make sure people's badges reflect their proper level.

See this post. Don't worry about it; he'll have it fixed by the end of the event. wink.gif

Oh, sorry for not clarifying! I meant will we be eligible for the raffle if we hit the max level but we don't have a gold badge/trophy (500+ dragons) on our scroll...someone said they think it's synonymous, which I didn't quuuite get if they meant it's synonymous to be max level and have the gold snow fort badge, or synonymous to be need a gold badge/trophy. Sorry I don't quite get it since I'm new to Christmas festivities on here. I'm level 25 and gold snow fort badge, but I'm soooo far from 500 dragons

Oh, sorry for not clarifying! I meant will we be eligible for the raffle if we hit the max level but we don't have a gold badge/trophy (500+ dragons) on our scroll...someone said they think it's synonymous, which I didn't quuuite get if they meant it's synonymous to be max level and have the gold snow fort badge, or synonymous to be need a gold badge/trophy. Sorry I don't quite get it since I'm new to Christmas festivities on here. I'm level 25 and gold snow fort badge, but I'm soooo far from 500 dragons

Don't worry TJ confirmed in his own comment once reach max level at level 25 of the snow game and gained the gold snow wars badge you will be auto-entered. It won't be based on scroll level smile.gif

Edited by lilacamy931

Oh, no, it's not the gold trophy/badge for 500+ dragons that you need. It's the gold medal for the event - you start with a bronze medal, then at level 15 you get a silver medal, and at level 25 you get a gold medal.

When "someone" (TJ, the site admin) said they were synonymous, that means they just mean the same thing. Having the gold medal means you're level 25, and vice versa (being at level 25 means you have the gold medal). tongue.gif

You don't need a gold trophy (500+ dragons) to be eligible for the raffle; I believe someone who won a CB Bronze Shimmer last year had a Bronze trophy. XP

If the Christmas event lasts for two weeks, does that mean that Christmas dragons will be able to breed twice (once in the first week, once in the second)?

If the Christmas event lasts for two weeks, does that mean that Christmas dragons will be able to breed twice (once in the first week, once in the second)?

No, TJ has made it so that Holiday dragons can only breed once per event. (I think Valentines were able to breed twice in 2010, but TJ's changed that.) D:

edit: /facecactus

Breeding only goes on for a week, I believe - 19th to 26th. So unless you're able to do it by the very minute, you can't breed twice.

Edited by cfmtfm

Big thanks to the artists for the snow wars' art. smile.gif

Big thanks to TJ for the events and lifting the limits on previous years' dragons. smile.gif

What's the last day that we can breed past years' Christmas dragons?

Oh, no, it's not the gold trophy/badge for 500+ dragons that you need. It's the gold medal for the event - you start with a bronze medal, then at level 15 you get a silver medal, and at level 25 you get a gold medal.

When "someone" (TJ, the site admin) said they were synonymous, that means they just mean the same thing. Having the gold medal means you're level 25, and vice versa (being at level 25 means you have the gold medal). tongue.gif

You don't need a gold trophy (500+ dragons) to be eligible for the raffle; I believe someone who won a CB Bronze Shimmer last year had a Bronze trophy. XP

Ooooh ok ty very much for helpin me understand! I'm sick so more than a little out of it right now haha

Big thanks to the artists for the snow wars' art. smile.gif

Big thanks to TJ for the events and lifting the limits on previous years' dragons. smile.gif

What's the last day that we can breed past years' Christmas dragons?

Christmas day is the last day to breed past christmas dragons - DC time of course, don't get caught out by different time zones.

I have 300+ snow so if there is anyone here needing to level up

send me a PM

I reached level 25 (which is the highest level, right?) but I don't have a gold medal on my scroll-- it's still silver. Maybe it just didn't load yet... But am I still eligible for the drawing?

I reached level 25 (which is the highest level, right?) but I don't have a gold medal on my scroll-- it's still silver. Maybe it just didn't load yet... But am I still eligible for the drawing?

Badges update at levels 15 and 25. There's currently an oversight where it'll only update if you level up from attacking someone--leveling up from someone attacking you doesn't work. Before the end of the event, I'll make sure people's badges reflect their proper level.

See this post. It'll update and be fixed before the end of the event; yes, you're still eligible.

I'm quite proud! I've finally got one of every single Christmas dragon. They all have nice lineages apart from my holly dragon which has quite a messy lineage but I don't mind because for once there is no inbreeding biggrin.gif . And I've also got to level 25 in snow forts! So happy!

Christmas day is the last day to breed past christmas dragons - DC time of course, don't get caught out by different time zones.

Wait, the whole day? Or does it stop at 11:59 PM EST, the 24th?

Wait, the whole day? Or does it stop at 11:59 PM EST, the 24th?

It should be the whole day on christmas day. It has to be a week of breeding, and that would include the 25th.

Is anyone else unable to edit their fort? I can't delete objects by double-clicking and whenever I try to move them, it just duplicates it without taking up the snow cost.