Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@purplehaze Oh, that's really weird.. only guess I would have is someone vindictive going through to see if any of the known upside-downs had children to terrorize.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:45 PM, Shokomon said:

Who ever did the Christmas View-bombing Massacre of 2017 killed off EATW:

We can unfortunately say that view-bombing takes down hatcheries now. 

Now, what can we do about it?

That sucks

Edited by SaberToothMC

I'd like to thank the vindictive, erm, person, who tried viewbombing my scroll earlier tonight.  You managed to hatch all but one of the eggs I've got up for trade, force my coast & jungle Zyumorph hatchlings to grow up, and cleared out my eggslots thus enabling me to CATCH A GOLD!

If it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have been hunting in the Coast in an attempt to replace the Zyu you made unusable for trade.  So thank you B).

Double post, just to get the point across.  Nice try there, re-adding my dragons to every site you could find, but I caught ya immediately.  Hiding my scroll cuz I'm going to bed, but I invite you to try your luck again tomorrow.

Now, after being busted twice in a row, you gotta ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?'

Well, do ya, punk?

8 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

*snip*

you gotta ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?'

Well, do ya, punk?

The best use of this line I've seen yet. Congrats on that Gold! XD

Someone tried to kill a gift from my Secret Santa today. I have no idea why. It wasn't gaining views until shortly after I left for work, so I know it was someone else's doing. It's not like it was something nearly irreplaceable a Neglected or 2G Prize either.

Edited by The Dragoness

There is a bomber active. Heads up. I *did not* add a fresh caught paper to Valley Sherwood and sure enough it had been added already. Just added. Someone is salty apparently.

I've noticed a spike of views on the eggs I'm ACTIVELY WATCHING. There's still an obvious viewbomber on the loose - just found all of my growing things posted on *takes a deep breath to recite a long list* AonD, Hatching Club Club, Silvi's, Valley... and Egg Drop Soup. No idea where else to check, please hide your valuables until they're close to hatching/growing up.

There's always a viewbomber or two out there, but yea. I just noticed that I had a bunch of eggs added to sites in the last hour. 

So have others. 

So hide those eggies!

C4. 

To add: it's possibly a botter; I've got my eggs re-added as soon as I removed them. I may need to cancel the trades since things in teleports cannot be hidden/interacted with - which is a horrible security hole that needs patching up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

I've noticed a spike of views on the eggs I'm ACTIVELY WATCHING. There's still an obvious viewbomber on the loose - just found all of my growing things posted on *takes a deep breath to recite a long list* AonD, Hatching Club Club, Silvi's, Valley... and Egg Drop Soup. No idea where else to check, please hide your valuables until they're close to hatching/growing up.

Did you check evina's DragHatch & Dragon Breeder's Cave too?  They got me with that last one back in November - I didn't know it existed till I went through the sites listed here on the Forums, but sure enough, there were my babies.

22 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

Did you check evina's DragHatch & Dragon Breeder's Cave too?  They got me with that last one back in November - I didn't know it existed till I went through the sites listed here on the Forums, but sure enough, there were my babies.

Ah yeah, I've checked DragHatch too. Forgot about DBC though, but it doesn't matter much in this specific case, since in the end the bombing process was automated. I think they stopped for a while at least, I haven't seen any suspicious behavior today at all. Thankfully.

I caught a Chrono to trade a few minutes ago.  It already has 18 views.  I'm glad I hide my scroll during holidays, none of the rest of the eggs on it were touched.

Almost had a gifted 2nd gen Soulstone from a Silver Tinsel dad killed... Jeez these people who maliciously attack scrolls for no reason. Oddly none of my other eggs were hit just that one back when it was an egg. >-< Thankfully it grew up safely but still. e_e

Suppose that's what I get for taking a nap and forgetting to hide my eggs.

Ok holy heck what is happening. Someone viewbombed me so hard this night. I'm SO tired of hiding my scroll all the time. Like, I'm not mad but... I have better things to do.

Got viewbombed yesterday just before going to bed. My scroll isn't visible and I don't have any trades going at the moment, but the two rare eggs I caught yesterday were up 300+ views. I assume someone got my scroll from a Valentine card I had sent out. No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.

Whoops someone just tried to viewbomb me right before I was about to go to bed

could you actually not tho smh

Edit: eh, alright suit yourself. I guess it'll be a foggy night after all.

Edited by lovecats99

Seriously, don't people have better things to do?!

Just breed an 3G Tinsel checker and only place I posted it is for trade on the Prize Central post. It's a good thing I'm not busy. Besides, you're helping other lower time eggs hatch. So have at it! :P

I literally just read this topic, thought, "Geeze, that's pretty bad." Then went off to try trading a 5G pure Lunar Herald dragon elsewhere. The INSTANT I posted my offer, I started getting tons of views on my eggs, none of which I had added to any hatchery. I checked and they were all on over 5 different hatcheries. I removed them, but they were still getting views and the new egg that I was offering got sick, so I had to cancel my trade offer and hide my scroll. How could someone do it so quickly? Could it be a bot?

Same thing happened to me earlier today. I put an egg up for trade in a thread and boom, started getting a ton of views. An hour egg sickness and had to cancel the trade and fog. I went to watch TV, came back and another egg was sick and views were up to 500. I found someone added my eggs to Egg Drop Soup and The Allure of the Neglected Dragon. Not sure if they're up anywhere else but damn. This has never happened to me before and it sucks.

Just found one of my eggs with 6000 views. Not sure what the cause could be, I couldn't find it outside of the hatcheries I had put it in and none of my other eggs in the same hatcheries have been affected :( Very strange

Got bombed, lost the poor Celestial egg I bred yesterday but no real harm done (even though I do have to wait a whole month to breed that pair again). Come at me bombers, I'm getting on holiday tomorrow so I'll spend my whole week clued to the screen, laughing at your attempts to try kill my precious pixel dragons! Nothing's gonna get my dergs!!

54 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Does TJ know about this? Is there anything that can be done?

I support a new game mechanic that doesn't kill an egg if it gets too many views. It should only die if it doesn't have enough views by the 7th day mark. That way it completely turns the tide on viewbombers and gives us rightful control of our dragons' fate. They would try to remove our dragons, but we can easily add them back. And once they get enough by the 4 day mark *poof* hello baby dragon! 

I only use one dragon hatchery now and my babies are just fine. I also always keep my scroll hidden. Pain of loss from dead dragons has taught me you can never be too careful. 

41 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I support a new game mechanic that doesn't kill an egg if it gets too many views. It should only die if it doesn't have enough views by the 7th day mark. That way it completely turns the tide on viewbombers and gives us rightful control of our dragons' fate. They would try to remove our dragons, but we can easily add them back. And once they get enough by the 4 day mark *poof* hello baby dragon! 

I only use one dragon hatchery now and my babies are just fine. I also always keep my scroll hidden. Pain of loss from dead dragons has taught me you can never be too careful. 

Thank you for the response. That would actually be a good idea.