Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those concerned about the Discord info, the viewbomber's list(s) was posted back in Feb 13-14, and only the most recent post was made on the 22nd with no further activity from them since. A Discord mod has claimed they've been IP banned from the server so unless they manage to figure out how to get around that the Discord itself should be safe, and people have already reported the blog to both tumblr and to the mods of DC earlier. The list is a very small sampling of the people who are actually on Discord (and inaccurate) so it's not like the list of targets is expansive.

I would keep an eye out for viewbombing if you are on the list and maybe keep a log of how many times it happens if it happens more than once to you, because they apparently use bots to add scrolls to hatcheries. Same goes for anyone on the forums who get hit too.

Edit 2/27: The blog has posted another list--it's got a few new Discord people on there, and a "forum" category. Viewbombing has started back up, but don't be complacent if you're a forumgoer and not on Discord since they're apparently "testing the forums" too.

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

For those concerned about the Discord info, the viewbomber's list(s) was posted back in Feb 13-14, and only the most recent post was made on the 22nd with no further activity from them since. A Discord mod has claimed they've been IP banned from the server so unless they manage to figure out how to get around that the Discord itself should be safe, and people have already reported the blog to both tumblr and to the mods of DC earlier. The list is a very small sampling of the people who are actually on Discord (and inaccurate) so it's not like the list of targets is expansive.

I would keep an eye out for viewbombing if you are on the list and maybe keep a log of how many times it happens if it happens more than once to you, because they apparently use bots to add scrolls to hatcheries. Same goes for anyone on the forums who get hit too.

I do believe they aren't doing anything against tumblr ToS, considering how loose it is.

I can guarantee the viewbombing targets are not coming from Discord alone. I've never been on Discord and I was viewbombed during the Christmas release. This isn't to discount that people are being targeted from Discord, just reinforcing that Discord alone isn't the source of the problem. 

Also, please remember this thread is about discussing viewbombing, not whether or not Discord is a good chat resource for DC. I'm all for seeing that discussed in a separate thread, but this not the place for it.

Someone just put all of my growing dragons into at least AOND. I can take care of them myself. Please stop.

Edit:

And Valley Sherwood and Draghatch.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

32 minutes ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

Someone just put all of my growing dragons into at least AOND. I can take care of them myself. Please stop.

Edit:

And Valley Sherwood and Draghatch.

Those are the three sites my kiddos just ended up in.

^^Ditto, though I haven't posted since early this morning - like 4am DC time early - and that was in DC Community Notice Board to gift a couple eggs.

AOND, Valley, DragHatch, and DragonBreedersCave, so don't forget to check there, too, guys.

Aaaaaannnnnd, they're back in DragonBreedersCave.  Gonna check the others.

ETA: Hatching Club

ETA2: Valley

ETA3: Draghatch

ETA4: AOND

ETA5: EggDropSoup - but I don't really care about that one, I use it all the time anyway

This is fun :lol:  I was kinda bored, but now I'm not.

Edited by Sunrunner

And again.  Wow, do you not get that I'm right here I'm watching you?

Okay, bored again now.  Everything I care about is fogged, & I'll just hide my scroll when I don't feel like playing with you anymore.  You're only helping the ones I want to hatch quickly anyway.

*Doesn't understand why you don't realize this isn't annoying me like it does some others?*

To my viewbomber,

I’m flattered you’re taking time out of your obviously busy schedule to add my stuff to sites over and over again. Your obsession was amusing but I’ve quickly grown bored. So my scroll is now hidden and everything fogged. If you wish, I have more productive ways you can spend your time so feel free to message me and I’ll be happy to share.

Have a good day^_^

Is anything going to be done about this? I’ve been having to keep my scroll hidden for quite a while now. I think we should fix the sickness mechanic somehow. What if too many views stunted growth for a while instead of causing illness? Maybe that would fix this mess?

Edited by Ratto

17 minutes ago, Ratto said:

Is anything going to be done about this? I’ve been having to keep my scroll hidden for quite a while now. I think we should fix the sickness mechanic somehow. What if too many views stunted growth for a while instead of causing illness? Maybe that would fix this mess?

Feel free to add your voice to the current discussion about sickness in the Suggestions area, many people agree that something needs to change, and ideas are being tossed around.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Feel free to add your voice to the current discussion about sickness in the Suggestions area, many people agree that something needs to change, and ideas are being tossed around.

Thanks! I went ahead and added my opinion there. Hopefully something gets done.

Hmm...It seems they have something to add eggs nearly immediately. I went searching through sites to find where the one egg that was sick was posted and found my other egg that I just unfogged on a site as well. 

Reminder that you can lock DragHatch so only browsers that you approve can edit your scroll. It's not much, but it's one less hatchery to check.

Edit: @Jazeki yeah, that happened to me too. They claim to use bots to do this so I just left anything vulnerable fogged.

Edited by Shadowdrake

6 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Edit: @Jazeki yeah, that happened to me too. They claim to use bots to do this so I just everything vulnerable left anything vulnerable fogged.

Yeah. It's an ER, so I don't mind. It was just surprising because I hadn't posted anywhere or even added it to any sites yet.

I woke up to three eggs sick. My scroll is hidden and I didn't put these eggs anywhere. What???

I'm on THE LIST apparently, and they tried to get me today. Silly bombers, my bait egg tells me when I'm being actively targeted so I just fog everything remotely vulnerable.

8 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

I woke up to three eggs sick. My scroll is hidden and I didn't put these eggs anywhere. What???

They only need an egg code; they can load those even on a hidden scroll. They could even be using a random code generator. Or pulling codes from the biomes/AP. ONLY fogged things are unbombable.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They only need an egg code; they can load those even on a hidden scroll. They could even be using a random code generator. Or pulling codes from the biomes/AP. ONLY fogged things are unbombable.

And this exactly is why we need fog/unfog all option so badly, or a sickness tweak so it won't kill -fogged- babies at least - which, as it turns out, happened anyway. Thankfully it was just a CB common, no big loss... I feel like I'm getting used to it.