Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EATW's owner took down the site functions to help prevent problems. They've clarified what happened to EATW in the first place.

@Misha@Bigbite Ward prevents an egg from dying of sickness for 6 hours, but doesn't help with anything else. They will keep gaining views if unfogged and will stay sick until they get low-time enough to not die from the sickness, or Ward runs out. If Ward runs out before they stop being sick, they might survive if they don't have too many views. However if it's bad enough, despite the extra 6 hours they may die after Ward ends.

11 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

This is why I plan on keeping my scroll hidden until my Holidays are at 4 days, quickly unhide to add them to hatcheries, and then make everything private again. I already learned the hard way that people get angry when you announce that you caught a CB Holly...it was extremely sick when I got home and a few others were dead.

I hope those of you with dead eggs can get replacements. It seems that the DC Grinch isn't planning on leaving anytime soon :(

I don't think viewbombers care about CB because all my eggs were bred.

I think it's just because I had these hard-to-get eggs that they got bombed. 

It's all good though. I just have to wait until Christmas before I get a chance to bred a new Snowball.

Edit: I didn't read this fully, so I should add I'm sorry about your CB Holly, and hope you get another one!

I know I didn't add my eggs anywhere so someone added them to some hatcheries likw EATW or other sites when I was away. Sighm

Edited by Shokomon

No Shokomon - it's not personal. Whoever did this is just bombing EATW and ANY egg in there is feeling the pain.

Another reason this sucks is that I like seeing the cute holiday hatchie sprites on my scroll. They're all fogged for safety now. :dry:

Welp, unfogged my eggs this morning, didn't put them in a hatchery while I went to get a drink. Ten minutes later, I come back and they're gaining views. Awwww, did I upset the poor widdle viewbomber by calling them out? Too bad. Refogged before the could fall sick and have now removed the link to my scroll from my signature and hidden said scroll.

I have to wonder if the culprit stalks threads like this to enjoy the misery they spread and to find new targets.

I've got two CB hollies on my scroll, and oh boy, hatching them was absurdly nerve wracking. They're safely hatched now and back in their protective fog blankets, along with everything else.

The good news is that, using my normal hatcheries minus EATW, they didn't seem to get any more traffic than normal- still though, definitely worth keeping an eye on them when they're not fogged. Hopefully everyone elses experiences will be as smooth going forward now that news about the viewbombing problems is getting circulated. 

I lost 11 eggs before I started fogging ALL of them. Only using AoND now, all eggies/hatchies are in and no one's fogged, but I'm keeping an eye on them anyway. Iuncy (code iunCy, after 48 hours worrying over this poor baby, it sounded like a good enough name) the Survivor has gendered (female! :D) and been named. Was sick for most of her life, finally shook it off early afternoon yesterday. (2:30 cave time)

The rest of my eggies are all doing well enough. Hopefully the insanity is over.

(Also, @SheridanCharon, love the gif in your siggy.)

I prefer using the few hatcheries out there that let you submit via code, not scroll. Let's me keep my scroll hidden while still allowing me to add my dragons. Granted, they're mostly low volume sites, but I safely hatched one of my cb wrapping wings, it just took an extra 5 hours. I'd rather wait a few extra hours to free up a slot than risk them.

Today I put mine in Silvi's lair and Allure of Neglected Dragons. They hatched within two hours without incident. Still fogging the ones that are newer and keeping an eye on the other batch that I'm currently trying to hatch, though.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:16 AM, zaverxi said:

I prefer using the few hatcheries out there that let you submit via code, not scroll. Let's me keep my scroll hidden while still allowing me to add my dragons. Granted, they're mostly low volume sites, but I safely hatched one of my cb wrapping wings, it just took an extra 5 hours. I'd rather wait a few extra hours to free up a slot than risk them.

Which ones do that? The only one I know of is valleysherwood and that is only for ERs.

1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

Slivi's lair also allows for code submissions.

Where? I only see an ER code submission page.

I have 13 dead eggs on my scroll. This is giving me a bad image of an irresponsible dragon mom, and I don't like it.

So sorry to everyone that lost their eggs. It is terrible how some people seem to be lacking the holiday spirit!

I am extremely grateful, though, that I was able to see this and hide all of my eggs.  Being new, I need to learn quickly or I may never hatch a single egg!

Thankfully, I seem to have found my way away from the viewbombers. The last of my babies from the two nests that got caught by them have grown up, and I managed to find another caveborn Zyumorph, though I'm still upset I lost (FILMS). (The new one's blue instead of white, too...) :( 

The easiest way to avoid viewbombers is to hide your eggs and hatchies until they hit the 4-day mark, then unhide them and post them in an ER. And if they were eggs, just hide them again after they hatch. I've been doing that for years.

I wait 3-4 days before I put my eggs in the hatchery. All of which died. :( I only put them on EATW and Allure. Not sure why they all got sick and died. *shrug*

image.png.25bbff1f5b38ae9f21ea225305713513.png

On 11/21/2017 at 6:56 PM, The Dragoness said:

There are autorefresh sites dedicated solely to viewbombing? I must be pretty out of the loop. That's horrible.

Agreed, just what sort of troll even comes UP with that kind of thing?

8 minutes ago, sfate said:

I wait 3-4 days before I put my eggs in the hatchery. All of which died. :( I only put them on EATW and Allure. Not sure why they all got sick and died. *shrug*

image.png.25bbff1f5b38ae9f21ea225305713513.png

EaTW was giving way too many views (as explained above) due to outside interference. Lots of people lost eggs and hatchlings out of gaining way too many views way too fast. I'm sorry about your eggs and hatchies. :(

I went from getting tons of views a few days ago to barely any now.  I have my eggs on only one click site.  How many click sites do you think the eggs should be put in?  I'm thinking that one isn't enough, but don't want to do too many and get view bombed.

7 minutes ago, bandaidstealer said:

I went from getting tons of views a few days ago to barely any now.  I have my eggs on only one click site.  How many click sites do you think the eggs should be put in?  I'm thinking that one isn't enough, but don't want to do too many and get view bombed.

Personally, I do only one--AoND usually gets me where I need to be.