Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess I am lucky, only 2 out of my 4 has died. Perhaps TJ can help us out and revive our lost babies, but I doubt it. I wish I had read this was happening earlier.

Good that we know it now before the Xmas release.

Edited by Fig

I'm a little worried now because it seems like people may be viewbombed by salty users if they got a CB Holly? I added my eggs to Egg Drop Soup, a pretty low-traffic site. Anxiously checking AoND, Silvi's Lair and Hatching Club to see if anyone's trying to murder my dragons.

of all dragons you lost guys, my zombie fodder hzsE7 which I actually wanted to kill by viewbombing got some weird unwanted protection yesterday very soon after I hatched it with the EATW glitch:( please, swap the issue with me...

I only had my CB yulebuck on VS and it got sick in an hour and is still sick 8 hr later. The uv's are pretty high, did someone vb me? I've never seen this before.

Holy mother of.....

I check this thread every couple of days out of interest and because, imo, it's the best place to find out if there's some little cretin is doing the rounds on folks again. And with previous experience from being targeted pretty much every Christmas, I now fog an egg as soon as I grab it and leave it fogged until it's at about 4 days, but I know not everyone does so I came on to see if there was a jerkwad doing to rounds or if it was safe to unfog.

But this....this doesn't sound like it's just one person being salty because someone else grabbed the dragon they wanted. This sounds like an organised group effort, especially with what's happening with EATW. If it IS one person, they must have a cubic ****tonne of time on their hands....

I'd recommend what some of the folks in a help thread I just read are doing and put a big old warning in your sigs to let people know this is going on. Won't save everyone's eggs, but if it gets the word out there, that's the main thing.

1 hour ago, silvara7 said:

I only had my CB yulebuck on VS and it got sick in an hour and is still sick 8 hr later. The uv's are pretty high, did someone vb me? I've never seen this before.

Best way to tell is to go to the dragon cave wiki and look up the list of click sites, the go to every one and see if your dragons have been added already. :) 

It was on my Online Christmas wishlist to get my first Holly this year. Guess ill have to wait another year. All my holly eggs are dead.

This is utter madness.. yesterday I bred holliday dragons and left the eggs on the scroll without putting them in hatcheries. Today in the morning they had more or less 1'000 views and one of them was sick. It recovered from sickness, I unhid it and in few hours it was sick again. Still I'm feeling lucky because noone of them died.

It seems the hateful Grinch has arrived to dragoncave this Christmas.

I had this problem a couple of days ago, but it seems to have passed. The worst was, I tried to fix it at first by leaving all but one fansite. The one with which I stayed? EATW. 7 dead eggs later, I switched everyone out of there and I have been fine for a day and a half-ish. :fingers crossed: Shame, though. I love EATW. 

I've only lost one egg to this new round of viewbombers (it was a wrapping wing present which was bred for me though so I'm really annoyed by it), but all my christmases have been suffering without me putting them in any hatcheries at all. I often use EATW but haven't since this all started, it shouldn't have been in any hatcheries at all. I'm having to hide everything now, just to be safe...

Edited by littleangelamy22

this viewbombing issue is just making hunting more difficult. :<

yesterday i found out that my eggs were added to EATW before it closed and i quickly removed them before it got any worse. now it seems like my eggs are being added to small hatcheries. i tried to pinpoint which hatcheries my eggs were added to and every time i try to remove them it seems like they're added again. nice.

i don't even know how these people got my username when my scroll was hidden the whole time, and only posted on the forums and discord. whoever's doing this to me, i hope you step on a lego.

Edited by jengatower

This is why I plan on keeping my scroll hidden until my Holidays are at 4 days, quickly unhide to add them to hatcheries, and then make everything private again. I already learned the hard way that people get angry when you announce that you caught a CB Holly...it was extremely sick when I got home and a few others were dead.

I hope those of you with dead eggs can get replacements. It seems that the DC Grinch isn't planning on leaving anytime soon :(

Sorry to ask here, but does anyone know what is going on with EATW? Is it just gone, or in repair?

Thanks!

I believe the owner shut down the hatchery portion entirely, although I don't know if the viewbombing's something that's entirely outside their control or something they can fix.

Edited by Guillotine

Went to Allure of Neglected Dragons and found all my eggs had been added. I didn't add them. Why would someone do this?

19 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

It was added to a vistor exchange site, I believe. Dunno what that means for fixability.

Not sure what this means?

Thanks!

Would warding eggs (I really haven't used that bsa) protect them at least until the DC player had a chance to check on them? I know it says six hours...do they still gain views but can't be sick? Is that kind of the thing that prevents TJ's examples of eggs (new eggs Holiday or other) from becoming sick despite having many views they receive?

4 minutes ago, Misha said:

Would warding eggs (I really haven't used that bsa) protect them at least until the DC player had a chance to check on them? I know it says six hours...do they still gain views but can't be sick? Is that kind of the thing that prevents TJ's examples of eggs (new eggs Holiday or other) from becoming sick despite having many views they receive?

Good question, I just used the ward on my eggs. For the first time, I must add.

8 minutes ago, pixiezbite said:

Not sure what this means?

Thanks!

That would increase how many people are viewing the site overall, because visitor exchange sites put up sites for people to view to get more hits for their own site.