Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After nearly losing several important things, I've hidden my scroll now. And every time I have to unhide it, I get a slight panic attack and an urge to "rush" while putting my things into the hatcheries. I wish viewbombers would just leave me alone, because I'm going to have a heart attack from this stress. XD

I'm currently being targeted daily this week, so I've just taken to fogging everything until it's low time and using it as an auto-hatchery feature. Working quite nicely so far!

Starting up again. Still unsure what the point of this all is. People should really go take their grudge out on who they really want to instead of using users as collateral damage.

Hmm...my eggs are safe because they've been fogged since the early AM, but it seems someone targeted my almadine hatchlings. Both have similar views 6700+ and 6800+ v and 700+ uv at 6 days and 10 hours. I've only been away from the computer for an hour or so, but I hope I caught them in time.

Whoever keeps putting my eggs in hatcheries, please STOP! It is against the rules to do this unless help is requested. I have all my new eggs fogged now, but this not something I should have to do.

Edited by casprrr

Yesterday happened that my CB Gold hatchling needed only 5 more hours to grow up. He was sick all of a sudden, and all of my dragons - including him - were on the same hatcheries I've put them. I wasn't anywhere else, but in the pace the other dragons were getting few views, the Gold was getting many thousands more, and quicker. I can't think of anything else but a jealous viewbomber trying to kill my so hard to find baby. Fortunately it was a day that I was more active, because I usually check on them only once a day or less. Glad I was there to fog him and see him grow safely later. These people seriously don't have anything better to do? Jeez.. I'm 8 years in Dragon Cave, never before happened to me.
Keeping a keen eye on them now.

I can't believe I have to wake up in this day and age and fog almost all my eggs because I'm being viewbombed. I have my Whites so im hoping they survive, but I'm gonna be sure annoyed if they didn't. good thing i didnt sleep in

A heads-up to everyone that viewbombing is happening again: 

My eggs and hatchlings were affected, fortunately I didn't lose anything.

I HATE people who are ruining the fun for others!!!

We definitely need a way to protect scrolls from being added to hatcheries by other persons than the scroll owner...

Fortunately I tend to hide anything rarer than a common breed until it reaches 4d and is ready to hatch / grow up...

Interesting.

On August 8th, I offered two CB trios for a 3rd gen Prize.

On August 9th, I caught a CB nebula, among other things. I also re-made my offer as my trio eggs grew into hatchies. Twice, once for each of them.

Later that night, I got an offer (via PM) of a different 3rd gen Prize with the same kind of lineage. I cancelled my offer and sent the trios there instead. Luckily, I hid all my prize eggs and hatchlings, leaving only my nebula egg unfogged.

On August 10th, the person I originally tried to trade with accepted a different offer. And my nebula egg died of sickness - with 1383/342/0 stats. It was only one day old, maybe a couple hours less than that - and certainly couldn't be put in any ERs, which might have been able to explain these stats. Since I was barely home yesterday, I didn't notice the dead egg until today.I'm not usually paranoid, but for some reason, I decided to make an exception and hide my scroll. Thank goodness!

Mean people suck!  They just do.  I will never post again during new release after earlier this month I got bombed.  I caught it in time, but I know I am careful with hatcheries and should not have to monitor my scroll several times a day to make sure something isn't being viewbombed.

My scroll name is different than my forum name, but I am getting hit this week. What's the most unsettling is that I've been giving eggs to people a lot lately, so I suspect someone I've given an egg to is targeting me.

Interesting. I'm playing DC since 2008, and today was the first time I got so severely viewbombed that five eggs got killed.

When I left home after catching my new eggs, they were in zero hatcheries. Now I checked 5 hours later and they were added to Valley Sherwood, AoND, Silvi's and DragHatch at least. Fortunately the eggs were just new eggs, thus not irreplaceable, but this is more than annoying anyway. I really wonder what's going on in the heads of such persons - that is, when there is something going on in such [insert some colourful insults here, please, some of them referring to a possibly dubious parentage] people.

Did you post on the new release news thread?  That seems to be how people are targetted the most.  I do not post there anymore, and if I felt the need to, I would fog all my stuff first.  I fogged all my new eggs anyway, just in case.

Yup. I was on the first page, thus obviously a viable target. 

But no problem, I just replaced the 5 dragons already in the last 5 minute drop - and I even got a Z-code and two fantastic name codes I would have missed otherwise :P

I am glad you got better codes, but still it sucks, that you have to wait that much longer for hatchies...keep them fogged for at least a day, and hopefully the trolls will have moved on til next new release.

Yeah, I'll definitely do. I know a certain lady who told me she got viewbombed not only once so far and who warned me some weeks ago, but I said: "Me? Viewbombed? Naaaaahhhh. Never!!" So now I'm a member of the club, too. I guess I should feel honoured that I could help some miserable existences to feel a little better for some seconds. Yes, folks who did that - I really pity you that you need such acts to make your own desolate lives more bearable that way.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:54 PM, lucidapple said:

My scroll name is different than my forum name, but I am getting hit this week. What's the most unsettling is that I've been giving eggs to people a lot lately, so I suspect someone I've given an egg to is targeting me.

Oh wow, that's extremely harsh. If you're nice to someone and give them eggs, they shouldn't go try to intentionally kill your hatchies and eggs. That's so rude.

I forgot this place existed. I got viewbombed last week for the first time ever, over a three day stretch. It was scary. No clue where they found me or what they wanted. I don't think I had anything valuable at the time? IDK, been breeding a lot, so maybe...

So yeah, I guess I spiritually have to change my vote up on the poll. Joining the I've-been-VBed club now. :/

Oh, true. I would need to change that now, too. Mind you - 10 years nothing, and now this *shakes head*

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

DragHatch

You can take at least one off the list of hatcheries to check if you enable scroll security in that hatchery.

My scroll was hidden for the past 2 days, and I logged in to find sickness today, and more stats than usual on every growing thing - I wonder if hatcheries themselves are also being targetted again as well.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@RubyEyes

Yeah, I should do that now. I was just too lazy till now (and I never had the need before). Meh.

I came dangerously close to having my Ribbon Dancers killed when they ere released.  Fortunately I managed to fog them and then they hatched sick, and stayed fogged in sickness til time to grow them up.   And at the time, there was no way to replace CB holidays

On 8/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, lucidapple said:

Or, did you have a trade posted and declined someone's trade, or chose one of several and someone is angry about it.