Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:00 AM, bandaidstealer said:

I went from getting tons of views a few days ago to barely any now.  I have my eggs on only one click site.  How many click sites do you think the eggs should be put in?  I'm thinking that one isn't enough, but don't want to do too many and get view bombed.

Most folks just use one site... I sometimes use two but that is only if I can monitor the eggs properly and they don’t seem to be gaining views  and are pretty old eggs, which is pretty rare thing to do because it is risky as you can easily get too many views if the sites suddenly pick up on activity. Be patient especially considering the viewbombing that has occurred it is safer to use one site.  Another option is to test out sites by spreading the eggs around, a couple here, a couple there sort of thing, then you don’t have them all in one spot. I have not had to that in a long time. 

Considering I had eggs killed the same day I collected them makes me think I got added to a site by someone else. 

On 27.12.2017 at 4:00 PM, bandaidstealer said:

I went from getting tons of views a few days ago to barely any now.  I have my eggs on only one click site.  How many click sites do you think the eggs should be put in?  I'm thinking that one isn't enough, but don't want to do too many and get view bombed.

I use Silvi's, Sherwoood and Alllure on my eggs, sometimes egg soup. However I insert them there day or two after catching. Usually eggs die on me when I forgot to place them in hatcheries, never had problems with too many clicks/views/viewbombing (*knocks wood*) even though I place eggs in 3 different hatchery. I suppose the wait of day/two days does the trick.

I am being viewbombed, my eggs were added to many sites I never use and some of my hatchlings that I know I removed were re-added to sites I do use. I don't know if this is site-wide but just keep an eye on your things. My scroll is hidden and I have fogged some of my more sensitive things so it was more like a viewdud, but just so everyone is aware.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:17 PM, Silverswift said:

Agreed, just what sort of troll even comes UP with that kind of thing?

Err tbh I think it's probably something like sites like Yarolds

It's a click-exchange site, mainly for things like mycities and games like magistream, howrse, and other games where you just need as many clicks as possible to level up/grow up your creature (and no chance for sickness/death)

Basically you give your link, for other people to click on. If you gave a nursery whose mainpage loads a bunch of people's eggs you could pretty easily viewbomb a whole lot of people at once.

No, I don't think so. The number of extra viewers at EATW was too consistent over three days. It was ALWAYS 1000-1500. That looks more like a botnet to me.  Unless the person spent the money or time to save up enough 'clicks' on Yarolds or something to afford that kind of constant continuous attention, I guess?

Edited by Lurhstaap

Was pretty sure the owner of EATW said themselves they suspected it was a botnet. Not sure how you'd go about proving it, but yeah..

Man, such a good use of hijacked computers.

12 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Was pretty sure the owner of EATW said themselves they suspected it was a botnet. Not sure how you'd go about proving it, but yeah..

Server logs. Unusual incoming traffic from unusual places, possibly even with unusual or no useragent strings (typically sent by your browser when you visit a website) could indicate bots instead of humans, from infected/hijacked computers or even mobile devices whose owners probably didn't even know why their machine was so dang slow during those days.

Played a game of Mario Party, came back, and two eggs I had just caught an hour or so ago were sick. Didn't add them to any hatcheries myself, had 166 views to 98 unique views. Both purple eggs, so nothing valuable, but seems this malicious stuff is still going on even after the holidays.

23 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Played a game of Mario Party, came back, and two eggs I had just caught an hour or so ago were sick. Didn't add them to any hatcheries myself, had 166 views to 98 unique views. Both purple eggs, so nothing valuable, but seems this malicious stuff is still going on even after the holidays.

Literally same (apart from the Mario Party bit, though: I went to have supper, instead.) 

Well, it looks like I can't say that i've never been viewbombed, anymore. :( I'm disappointed to see 4 new eggs intended for lineage building, 1 mate for a holiday and a gift for someone become hurt like this as well as your eggs. I noticed that my scroll had been added to a number of sites such as Valley Sherwood, DragHatch and The Hatchling Club with the highest view count of my young eggs hitting 319 views.

I hope no one else's scroll has been targeted like this, today. It really sucks.

Edit: screenies so I can remember things

image.png.7dd3e2f08be3ef9e252323f6e3649b36.png

image.png.d5f670a202b54ee55c2647a19cddadaf.png

Edited by lovecats99

I have suddenly gotten a bunch of sick hatchlings... I am going to go check the sites as only one should have my eggs & hatchlings... and all of a sudden I have off the hook numbers on eggs & hatchlings.

Who ever did the Christmas View-bombing Massacre of 2017 killed off EATW:

We can unfortunately say that view-bombing takes down hatcheries now. 

Now, what can we do about it?

I constantly have to hide my eggs and scroll now. I'm being targeted and I think my scroll is constantly being watched by this view bombers because of it.

16 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I constantly have to hide my eggs and scroll now. I'm being targeted and I think my scroll is constantly being watched by this view bombers because of it.

Me too. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I was able to leave my scroll unhidden and not check it every few minutes. People are terrible.

I've been targeted pretty often in the last few weeks, thankfully I always saw it in time and hid my stuff before they got sick. Can't anything be done about all this viewbombing?

On 1/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, Dalek Raptor said:

Same. I have to fog my eggs and hatchies and hide my scroll when I am away from it.

Someone added my stuff to Valley Sherwood, AoND, and Draghatch again. Noticed cause one thing got sick, so I hid that. Don't really want to have to hide everything again, it's annoying.

Edit; Actually, it'd be really nice right now to have an option that hid all the growing things on your scroll, like the option that hides all the adults on your scroll (why does that option even exist?). Make it so that people with the direct link could still see them, but have them not appear on the scroll page themselves (and thus stop these mass-addings).

I'm thinking something along the lines of 'disable setting, add your stuff to the place you want them added, re-enable hiding setting.

I know a 'fog all' was suggested, but then things can't gain views or be seen for trades.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Revive the thread asking for this.

Yep, viewbombed again. I have some things on there that are really special just at the moment, so I will be rather annoyed if they die. Here's hoping stunning them helps...

Anyway, thanks for the tip about DragHatch, mine were added there and also Hatching Club. I had already added them to a few sites before that, so it could have been bad if I didn't check my scroll on a whim just now. I was traveling all day yesterday and didn't have the chance to check my scroll.

I hate hiding my scroll. Here's hoping this person/people stop doing this soon, I would like to go back to this being a fun game and not something this serious.

Edited by silver_tiger

I had just one egg viewbombed last night. Thing is, it doesn't even look like a very special egg at first glance and no one would have known I had bred it except the person I was gifting it to. It is pretty sick now, so I hope it recovers. I hid it and used Ward, so hope it will recover. The other two eggs I had were older, but they did not gain unusually high views -- in fact the new egg ended up with as many views as they did --  so that egg was definitely targeted/

And since I have posted here I am hiding my whole scroll for the time being, as that seems to be a trigger for the scuzzball attacks.

That's really weird. So far, none of my eggs were specifically targeted.. just a blanket scroll-add. Do you mind if I ask what the egg was?

So obviously it's dangerous to post a trading post which contains a CB Gold and Silver.
It has been a very long time since I last had both CB Metallics on my Scroll and I was hoping to get a 2nd gen Gold Tinsel for it - it's the only thing I need.
All dragons hatched and one 3rd gen Silver Tinsel of mine died.

Way to go, jealous person. :angry:****

I was viewbombed too, just happened to check my scroll and all of my growing dragons and eggs had amassed a lot more views than normal and three were sick. I agree whoever did this did a blanket add of scrolls rather than targeting specific eggs/dragons.

On 1/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, Dragon_Arbock said:

That's really weird. So far, none of my eggs were specifically targeted.. just a blanket scroll-add. Do you mind if I ask what the egg was?

It was a MInt! They would have had to look deep to see that it was a checker with all upside-downs in its first generation. I had not posted it anywhere, as it was a gift. It was in a teleport link, but the only person who could have seen that link was the person I was gifting it to. I had other eggs on my scroll and they gained no extraordinary views. I can't imagine who would have targeted it, or why.

Edited by purplehaze