Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,038 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

I'm on THE LIST apparently, and they tried to get me today. Silly bombers, my bait egg tells me when I'm being actively targeted so I just fog everything remotely vulnerable.

I was targeted too, it seems. Nothing lost on my end. 

For the last time: I. Don't. Need. Help. Just stop it. It doesn't make you seem strong or smart or whatever. It just makes you seem childish and petty.

Ambition1 responded to my questions:

"Are you on the forums?"

"You guys said you have bots?"

"What happened to your discord?"

1. Not me, personally. We had some forum accounts at the beginnings, but most of them belonged to people who have since "retired" from the group.
2. Currently not. We're still working on preliminary programming.
3. The discord had to be deleted due to some traction from the DC Discord, and threats of a raid.

No question, they just told me this info.

A few more things answered:

We are not influenced by anything political or such.
The reason we decided to go for the forums is because of us being insided by one of our close friends. We forced them to leave and take down the things said for private reasons.
The Ambition1/Ambition2 accounts are owned by our former developer (hired for a more advanced version of our current site) who was going to use them as shell accounts. We broke it off before anything was exchanged.

Asked me to do this, so ok.  Use at your own discretion.

Also, please forward this to the members of the DC forums incase they want to contact me:

Ambition1#3697

Ah man, they got me too. On the bright side, they managed to hatch some lowtime eggs I was too lazy to put on hatcheries lol

3 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Ambition1 responded to my questions:

"Are you on the forums?"

"What happened to your discord?"

1. Not me, personally. We had some forum accounts at the beginnings, but most of them belonged to people who have since "retired" from the group.
3. The discord had to be deleted due to some traction from the DC Discord, and threats of a raid.

No question, they just told me this info.

A few more things answered:

We are not influenced by anything political or such.
The reason we decided to go for the forums is because of us being insided by one of our close friends. We forced them to leave and take down the things said for private reasons.
The Ambition1/Ambition2 accounts are owned by our former developer (hired for a more advanced version of our current site) who was going to use them as shell accounts. We broke it off before anything was exchanged.

Asked me to do this, so ok.  Use at your own discretion.

Also, please forward this to the members of the DC forums incase they want to contact me:

Ambition1#3697

Mk, I dunno what they mean by 'insided'.

AND I am not sure why that means they should attack the rest of us.

1 hour ago, JavaTigress said:

Mk, I dunno what they mean by 'insided'.

AND I am not sure why that means they should attack the rest of us.

I'm not too sure what insided means either. I'm assuming they mean they have someone working against DC who's being a 'double agent' of sorts.  Even so, why they're attacking the users and not the system is a mystery to me.  I'm thinking it's a sort of grudge against DC, perhaps the mods or TJ, but that really doesn't explain why they would attack the players.

I can explain that: collateral damage. Not to mention that the more people they target, the more attention they'll bring to their efforts. Just targeting the same people over and over wouldn't have the same effect, I think. All's fair in love and war. As players, we're part of the system, after all, even if we're on the outside.

For the moment, they seem to be active every Wednesday. No telling if they'll change their schedule after this post but their periods of activity on their tumblr blog has been notably regular. They've also made a subreddit that they're advertising even though it's also almost barren.

Edit:

6 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

The discord had to be deleted due to some traction from the DC Discord, and threats of a raid.

I'm not sure what they were expecting when they repeatedly advertised the Discord, going so far as to privately friend and message people on the DC Discord just to invite people to their viewbomb channel. I certainly didn't see any discussion of a "raid" on the DC Discord, just people telling those who got a friend request to ignore them.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Welp, they took the shiny bait egg I left unfogged last night - a 2G Silver from a rainbow copper I bred myself, so it's not a huge loss like my even gen 3G shimmer :angry:Everything else was fogged, even stuff I don't care about.  You'd think they woulda realized something that pretty left unfogged was bait.

It's almost cute how they didn't.

Course, being smack in the center of Winter Storm Quinn meant we lost power for most of the night, so I couldn't watch it's progress towards death as I'd wanted to, but it served it's purpose anyway.

Man, those snow plows are having a tough time with all the ice coating the roads. Choppity-choppity-chop-chop-chop.

Edited by Sunrunner

Just curious - what's actually the point of leaving an egg for bait ?

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Just curious - what's actually the point of leaving an egg for bait ?

Just to see if they were back to targeting my scroll in particular, or just that one Shimmer egg I got in a trade yesterday - was wondering if they were just jealous they didn't get the trade instead.  Since I'm not on Discord, or on that 'list', I can only presume they're here in the forums, since this is the only place I'm active.  And mainly here in Site Discussion & in the Trade threads.

I don't think they are PLAYING as such; I think they are just bombing for the hell of it.

8 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I can explain that: collateral damage. Not to mention that the more people they target, the more attention they'll bring to their efforts. Just targeting the same people over and over wouldn't have the same effect, I think. All's fair in love and war. As players, we're part of the system, after all, even if we're on the outside.

Fair points BUT that reasoning would only make sense if we had ANY idea what their grievance with 'the system' actually WAS.

As it is... I just don't get it.

If they had someone spying for them on the inside of DC and said individual 'outed' them in some way.... well why were they targeting DC at all?

Their reasoning seems full of holes, if you ask me.

THEY , not us, appear to be the first aggressors as far as I can see... any actions taken by DCers was purely retaliatory and in self defense.

Edited by JavaTigress

I assure you, there is someone from the forums that appears to be helping the viewbombers.  However, that's as far as I'm confortable revealing to anybody for now.  I'm still trying to come to terms and accept the truth myself.  I don't know why this person has chosen to do this, I can't comprehend it.  All I will say for now is that the whole situation seems absurd...

4 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

I assure you, there is someone from the forums that appears to be helping the viewbombers.  However, that's as far as I'm confortable revealing to anybody for now.  I'm still trying to come to terms and accept the truth myself.  I don't know why this person has chosen to do this, I can't comprehend it.  All I will say for now is that the whole situation seems absurd...

Oh, I'm not saying they might NOT have a person ( or maybe persons ) on the inside.

ALL I am saying is their stated reason for targeting DC is.... lame at BEST. They basically HAVE NONE.

Edited by JavaTigress

30 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Oh, I'm not saying they might NOT have a person ( or maybe persons ) on the inside.

ALL I am saying is their stated reason for targeting DC is.... lame at BEST. They basically HAVE NONE.

*do, not might.  Wether the person is actually working for them or a double-agent is anybody's guess.

15 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

*do, not might.  Wether the person is actually working for them or a double-agent is anybody's guess.

Well, I am going to keep my eyes open and anything of mine remotely precious fogged carefully, for the time being.

I am not going to pass any judgement YET, because, as you say... we can only speculate.

I get the idea that TJ IS aware of the situation and is keeping an eye on it, also? AND may be planning a move of his own?

18 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Also, side note - "preliminary programming" sounds like a nice euphemism for "we can't figure this out." *shrug*

On 3/8/2018 at 12:43 PM, coo_ said:

Also, side note - "preliminary programming" sounds like a nice euphemism for "we can't figure this out." *shrug*

That could very well be.

Looks like someone is either trying to viewbomb me or trying to 'help' me, sigh. Noticed an egg getting views that shouldn't be, it was in Allure, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's, Dragon Breeder's Cave, and Hatching Club. It's *possible* I may have accidentally added it to those first three when adding other dragons earlier, but I haven't been on those last two at all so that wasn't me. *muttergrumbles*

edit: Someone is persistent! Took the egg out of all those hatcheries, 20 minutes later it's back in every single one! Goodness.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Uh, I just checked my two-day-and-some-hours-old eggs, and they've got around 700 UV and around 4000 views. Needless to say, all of them are sick. And I only put them up on Silvi's Lair.

Best off fogging till eggs are around 5 days and 20 or so hours. Makes it very easy to prevent eggs being added.

Well, they are fogged now. And probably not sick enough to kill them. :) Funny thing is that all my eggs are self-bred, most of them from untried pairs and common (save for the two 2nd gen silvers). So, apparently, I was targeted from someone here on the forums. (And I still don't believe that 48 hours on Silvi's would give me stats like that.)