Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take someone in my situation for example. I didn't check the forums at all yesterday (mainly due to a personal crisis, on top of a strained wrist), so I log in now and discover I missed the entirity of the non-mixed egg drop. It's bad enough that it hasn't even been a month since the valentine's day drop, meaning I never expected this to happen. But now I have to fight through people who might want more than a few eggs as well as others who just want their first one.

Now that there's going to be a schedule people would know when a new release is happening without going to the forums frequently. Also I think an in-cave announcement would nice nevertheless.

And I'm so happy with more dragons getting released =D

Now that there's going to be a schedule

There is? Since when? I'd like to see that announcement.

Edited by MedievalMystic

There is?

I meant that TJ is planning to make the releases regular, so that would be a schedule, right? So people would know when to expect a new release.

Not that there IS one right now.

Edited by Chococat0815

There is? Since when? I'd like to see that announcement.

Earlier in this thread, he posted that he was aiming for releases on the first Sunday of each month. At first it was Monday, then he changed that as to not interfere with school and work.

Earlier in this thread, he posted that he was aiming for releases on the first Sunday of each month. At first it was Monday, then he changed that as to not interfere with school and work.

I meant that TJ is planning to make the releases regular, so that would be a schedule, right? So people would know when to expect a new release.

Not that there IS one right now.

Ah, ok! Thank you. I didn't see TJ's earlier post as I didn't read back that far.

Well, that's that then. Let the chaos ensue. lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

Increasing the number of dragons per release would be a nightmare for me as I do get the "what if I don't get a pair and it becomes uber rare" ever since I only got one CB blusang and the odd of me ever getting another seem slim in the short term future, so I wouldn't be a fan of it.

And the other option of new dragons more often would just clog up the AP as everyone dumps eggs to grab the latest release.

But if we knew when to expect new releases, which it sounds like we will, then there would be no need for people to dump to the AP. They can just be sure to have egg spots open when the drops are expected.

I think having two new dragons a month is pretty reasonable. I do a lot of lineage breeding, but I could schedule that around the drops if they were predictable. As it is, I am often caught with a scroll full of lineage dragons that I don't want to drop and therefore get delayed in getting the new eggs.

I would be fine accepting any as long as first we add more to the jungle and the coast (two uncommon breeds that hardly show up aren't enough to move the coast) and that with the more dragons that are released the more common over all they are supposed to be.

If a rare was to be released I'd personally like to see it released by itself since people can mass spam biomes.

But if we knew when to expect new releases, which it sounds like we will, then there would be no need for people to dump to the AP. They can just be sure to have egg spots open when the drops are expected.

I think having two new dragons a month is pretty reasonable. I do a lot of lineage breeding, but I could schedule that around the drops if they were predictable. As it is, I am often caught with a scroll full of lineage dragons that I don't want to drop and therefore get delayed in getting the new eggs.

Same here. But I still suggest what I posted earlier (that wasn't really seen) about every month having 1 drop, with June and July having 2. That way, there's more action in between holidays, and there's a schedule of releases... but players who don't want to be overwhelmed don't have to worry about 2 new breeds each month.

Exactly this. Knowing roughly when a release might happen will give me a chance to work on projects *and* collect new pretties - both of which I enjoy. smile.gif

YES - this is what appeals to me too - KNOWING when to expect things. I was TOTALLY egg locked and awaiting a free slot to receive a gift when this started....

...That is amazing. Oh my gosh that is amazing.

TJ If you see this you are a bro man take all my hugs.

Having a date to expect a new dragon is a wonderful idea! smile.gif Now I only have to worry about my brain's natural flakiness to have me miss the first day!

For everyone's convenience, I'm going to repost TJ's response.

For those wondering, my (new) current aim is for a release of two breeds on the first Monday of every month.

Which he quickly updated:

Thinking about it just now, I should probably move this to first Sunday, so that it doesn't interfere with work or school

I just know I'll be stalking the cave every first Sunday for teh new dargons....

xd.png I'll be stalking the caves too!

Sunday is a good day. Hopefully it'd be the one day a week I can guarantee I'll have time off once I get a job!

the only plus side i see to a new release every month is that it gives new members trading leverage. thats a very big plus side imo. imo 1 every other month, or what we had last year was perfect (excluding the blusang release which i go into below)

this still leaves the a few more issus

- adding more cave blockers. Turps for instance are starting to become cave blockers imo Lumi's are as well. then you have the older dragons which are cave blockers (stones and mints for instance). even having a hybrid release only did so much for the spit fire before it became a cave blocker again.

if we add more dragons, is there a way for TJ to re-evaluate older dragons ratios so they drop less, like stones, gaurdians, mints, horse, ect. or even retiring them from dropign as CB's and just making them breedable.

if TJ does retire species, there should be a prior warning to allow people to get the CBs on their scroll *nods*

but too many different species will cause congestion in the cave by itself, not to mention if the new ones become cave blockers for whatever reason.

- lineages. some people dont like them, i get this; but reguardless you must respect the fact that many people DO lineages and its these projects (along with new users) that really keep the cave moving between new releases. so if the focus shifts from a mix between new releases and lineages to mostly new releases, you're going to have blockage from peopel only hunting for the new babies and neglecting the older ones. whcih will play hell on breeding ratios and other ripple effects to the balance currently in the cave.

for me, most of the fun in this game comes from lineage projects, not just "collecting them all". i get bored just collecting.

and its not just lineages those slots are going to in the down time. its also breeding for trading and gifting. if my egg slots are constantly goign towards gettign new releases, then my gifting will decrease greatly; and gifting is a great part of this game.

- scheduled releases. meh, i like surprises. getting surprised by a new release is kinda like checking the pockets of a freshly cleaned pair of jeans and finding a $20. theres a whole thing to the new releases and being caught off guard and taken by surprise is one of the joys in it. even if you have to decide between AP dumping and just waiting it out. the only reason i semi support this is for the "New Release Gifting Thread" because it gives the thread mods for that time to prep for the event.

- how new releases are handled. if we have a release each month, then it should be handled like a holiday release only for 24hrs. meaning, for 24hrs only that egg is dropped in the biodome its going in; this gives EVERYONE a good chance at getting atleast a pair of the new release, which is important and brings me to another issue; and makes peoepl liek me that reserve the 6 and 7th spot for gifting rotation to those who cant grab and easier job at doing this.

- rare releases; should be done by themselves. period. need i bring up the Blusang maddnesss that still exist. those babies trade for near the price of a CB silver now and getting them was almost as hard as the current release; catching them now dry.gif not even a chance unless you trade for one imo its a release like this one that actually turns me off new releases tbh

- my last issue is Biodomes. last year, excluding 2 relase, EVERYTHING was dropped in the Alpine. the dessert and alpine were already competative enough to catch in, now the will be near unbearable after this release. alot.png of times i see no viewers in the Jungle, few in the coastal even with the blusang there, and very few in the dessert and volcano. we need more sought after dragons in these 3 biodomes. the Alpine is way ofer crowded; especially since a few breeds were moved there a few months ago.

- lastly, and again, i know TJ has said no to this, but with more breeds being added i do think adding 2 more egg slots (two more trophies) is not much to ask.

Platnum Trophy for 1000 dragons giving an 8th egg slot.

Diamond Trophy for 2000 dragons giving a 9th slot.

Take someone in my situation for example. I didn't check the forums at all yesterday (mainly due to a personal crisis, on top of a strained wrist), so I log in now and discover I missed the entirity of the non-mixed egg drop. It's bad enough that it hasn't even been a month since the valentine's day drop, meaning I never expected this to happen. But now I have to fight through people who might want more than a few eggs as well as others who just want their first one.

And the normal eggs are appearing through the mass as well. Needless to say, this isn't going to be any fun for me. |: But at least I only have to grab two eggs-- one to influence male and one to influence female. If there were more than one breed here that would double my stress load this morning.

To be fair, I was here yesterday morning (around 6 am cave time) and the drops were mixed already by that point. You didn't miss anything, unless you'd normally be on at 12 am cave time.

Ah, then if that's the case, I think I would have been in the same boat regardless. I forgot that the eggs have been getting mixed much earlier than they used to be.

if we add more dragons, is there a way for TJ to re-evaluate older dragons ratios so they drop less, like stones, gaurdians, mints, horse, ect. or even retiring them from dropign as CB's and just making them breedable.

No. Nonononononononono. ): I don't want any more breeds retired, especially if only because they're 'cave blockers'. I love getting CB 'blockers'. The blockers are some of my favorite breeds.

The Forest also has Dinos. Sorry, I'm not awake yet.

Edited by raindear

Ah, then if that's the case, I think I would have been in the same boat regardless. I forgot that the eggs have been getting mixed much earlier than they used to be.

No. Nonononononononono. ): I don't want any more breeds retired, especially if only because they're 'cave blockers'. I love getting CB 'blockers'. The blockers are some of my favorite breeds.

Definitely NO breed retirement. Too much drama involved.

I also know of many users who detest Dinos (I love them personally) so I don't feel Dinos are enough of a sway

The Forest also has Dinos.

Dinos are Jungle-only.

And I also vote 'no' to retiring breeds, even commons.

A word on blusangs. I hunted these for a lineage at release and my collection goals, this meant 18 dragons. I also traded quite a few of them and gifted others. A few weeks after release, they stopped trading. People started putting lines in their trade threads that yes, blusangs or nice, but they didn't want those offers. Because, the market got saturated. Now, the wheels have turned again as fewer people that wanted to do lineages are hunting the coast. People who were doing coastal projects got their cb goals. Due to the timing of the release and the holidays, I was able to get dozens of incuhatchable low-time coast dragons after Christmas due to people dropping them, so coast is last on my list.

I tried trading blusangs for common hatchies, even just 1. Got nothing. I even had a tradeline in my sig. No pms, no offers, nothing. So, I guess it makes me wonder if people got fed up that they couldn't get them the first week of release, then went inactive in frustration and now are complaining they are behind. Because there was a point at which blusangs were trading low. And maybe it's a symptom that DC could use a more streamlined, built in trade center. But I question it's a sign that releases need to be slower.

i also mentioned having those cave blockers ratios adjusted so they drop more infrequently thus eliminating them as a cave blocker as another option.

the fact still remains that at the current amount we have, cave blockers are an issue. in the volcano one time i sat and watched 3 pebbles sit there for 15+ minutes. adding more dragons to the cave will only increase this problem. i know that Vines used to be cave blockers, now they drop infrequently and move quickly when they do. if we can do that to older breeds that are cave blockers this would alieviate some of the problem imo

the other option to this being what i first suggested, removing them from dropping as CB's and just making them breedable on scrolls. so you could still get 2G's or a breed, just not CB's.

re-blusangs. i dunno. i haven't gone inactive since the original drop; i rarely see any CB's offered in trades and when i do the price they're asking for is the same as you'd ask for a few stripes or a black or a silver. the problem is more so that they drop less than stripes do right now. i dunno if this is a breed specific thing, or just because the ratio is off via breeding and the amount people caught originally or if its because the coast moves the pace of a snail; but even during the recent rare droop-apalooza we've had i've seen more Golds and Silvers go by than Blusangs.

personally, i'm good with my small army of Blusangs (all caught during the inital release and a fair amount caught and gifted/traded) but for newer players that join after the drop or old players returning that dont have stuff good enough to trade for one its a huge downside.

especially a dragon going that rare, that soon after the release. i can see a year after its release goign liek that, maybe starting a decline after the 6 month marker, but less than 6 months o.0 i'd hate for more releases to turn out like that one did.

edit - even Gold Wyvrens weren't that bad, and thier eggs are shiny.

Edited by Red2111

I'm fine with both 1 per month and 2 per month. Two releases at the same time in different biomes might be good because they help spread out the population. But then again I remember the Blusang release, where Olives and Brimstones were easy and in the end the Coast still ended up being over populated. However I', fine with both options.

Just not more than two please.

While it would be interesting, I see how having say 3 new dragons at the same time could disadvantage Bronze players and below, since they couldn't get 6 eggs (presuming they'd want a male and female of each).

adding more cave blockers.  Turps for instance are starting to become cave blockers imo Lumi's are as well.  then you have the older dragons which are cave blockers (stones and mints for instance).  even having a hybrid release only did so much for the spit fire before it became a cave blocker again.

if we add more dragons, is there a way for TJ to re-evaluate older dragons ratios so they drop less, like stones, gaurdians, mints, horse, ect.  or even retiring them from dropign as CB's and just making them breedable.

if TJ does retire species, there should be a prior warning to allow people to get the CBs on their scroll *nods*

NO! Please do not retire any more breeds. I still need many 'blockers' for my lineage goals but as it stands I am trying to get the harder dragons out of the way first before I pick up a bunch of the blocking species :/

I would hate to miss my chance to complete my goals just because some people are annoyed by them. Not only that I know MANY people who LOVE those blocker breeds like pebbles and HOARD them like crazy. Everyone is free to play this game in the exact way they want to and it would be terrible for those people if their favorite breed was suddenly retired just because they sit in the cave more. IMO there needs to be a better way to rotate eggs in the cave. Like maybe every season a new group or dragons drop. NOT retire them completely.

Edited by Reidragon