Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like the release as we have now: a couple of breeds every last Sunday of the month. I can look forward to what new dragons we will get and prepare some space on my scroll for them. Then the rest of the month, catch up on all the releases I missed while on hiatus.

I think two releases at the end of the month is a very good number. More breeds are only stressful and no fun anymore. At the moment I'm still trying to get the so many missing breeds from the May Birthday release that I almost despair as they are so incredibly hard to get. DC for me has always been a nice entertainment without too much stress, but with monster (too many breeds) and difficult (too rare) releases it really diminishes the fun for me.  So please stay with two not so rare breeds once a month, please!

Personally I'd be quite happy if we had several months with no new releases - but I accept that won't happen. I (like other people) am still working on this year's Birthday release (and let's not talk about Statereas) and fully expect to still be working on it by the time we get to next year's Birthday release - and my scroll goals aren't exactly high.

Also, we seem to be getting more uncommon dragons on a fairly regular basis, which makes things even more difficult. Thus, a new CB breed a month would be good or at most two and neither of them rare or uncommon.  Easy to breed/obtain hybrids are a nice addition too.  I play DC for fun and gentle stress-free entertainment. However, in the last year or so I have given serious thought to quitting as personally I think it has become very stressful with all the new breeds and difficulties with breeding.

On 8/17/2021 at 5:55 AM, Nakeisha said:

Personally I'd be quite happy if we had several months with no new releases - but I accept that won't happen. I (like other people) am still working on this year's Birthday release (and let's not talk about Statereas) and fully expect to still be working on it by the time we get to next year's Birthday release - and my scroll goals aren't exactly high.

I'd honestly be fine with 2 new releases every other month instead of every month. 

I picked 3 as my limit, and that's my absolute max; I'd honestly prefer 1 or 2, or even releases not happening every month.  By contrast, though, I'd exclude things like the DC Birthday release from that limit; having, say, 4-6 dragons released during a singular, not-just-a-regular-monthly-release event would be okay.  (Whether it's the site's birthday, or TJ's birthday, or just We Decided To Have One Huge 2022 Release In September This Year, or whatever.)

We are blessed with many pretty dragons in this game.  My preference is a maximum of two per month (even one dragon per month or every other month would be nice), with the exception of the Birthday Release Spectaculars™️  (my favorite birthday release was still the one where we got new dragons every day; that was exciting!). :)

We have a lot to hunt and need time to create lineages.  While I personally would be okay with fewer releases and even fewer alternate dragon types like drakes, two-headeds, pygmies, I’m glad we have more of them now in the Cave—it feels like currently we have a nice bountiful number of those dragon types.  

Please no.

The following is my personal opinion and I fully realise that others feel differently, as is their right.

With the increase in confusing (in my opinion) mechanics and/or BSA-based alts, I'm very behind

and overwhelmed. Collecting new dragons hasn't been fun for me in a very long time and I fear

adding more or larger releases will only compound that. 

9 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Please no.

The following is my personal opinion and I fully realise that others feel differently, as is their right.

With the increase in confusing (in my opinion) mechanics and/or BSA-based alts, I'm very behind

and overwhelmed. Collecting new dragons hasn't been fun for me in a very long time and I fear

My feelings exactly but you have expressed it much more concisely and clearly than I have or could! Thank you for that.

17 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Please no.

Unfortunately, these are my sentiments too.  I used to so look forward to each release, but ever since this year's birthday release,  I no longer do.  Instead of being able to fulfill my scroll goals by simply  hunting and collecting eggs and hatchlings,  and raising them to maturity,  there are puzzles to figure out and tricks to do as well.   Catching some of the required eggs have become more difficult too,  as time goes by,  and I don't really want to have to spend shards in the market to get them.  

It's with sadness that I have to say that I just won't be able to reach all of my scroll goals and let it go at  that.  For eleven years I've enjoyed playing Dragon Cave the same way, but now, since I want to have some time to not just raise these tricky breeds but to hunt in the AP,  the Cave,  the Trading Hub, and to occasionally do a bit of lineage breeding of my own,  reaching certain scroll goals will no longer be a priority for me. 

This said,  I would be happy to get two new eggs a month provided they were normal dragon types,  not tricky and difficult ones. 

1 hour ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Please no.

This is a very very good point. There is a *very* big difference between a 'regular' biome-caught (or even hybrid-bred) release and the type of releases we've been getting increasingly the past year. If we were 'only' getting 2 breeds per release, no variants, everything available just regularly caught in-cave, I *might* be able to understand wanting to increase the number a bit... But that's not what's been happening. Things like EQ-forced variants, variants that depend on BSAs that have significant cooldowns, variants that require other user's input (abandon, teleport), that makes a *huge* difference in how easily/quickly you can actually collect those breeds/variants. Those will take significantly longer to actually obtain for most people, especially those of us with goals higher than just 1 or 2 of each. With new breeds being released almost every month, you either fall farther behind on the special-mechanic variants or fall behind on the newer-release while still trying to get the comparatively-older special mechanic ones... Yeah, there is a *ton* to do right now because of all these recent variants. Certainly no reason for *bigger* new releases.

2 hours ago, NEX-Trishula said:

In fact,I hope keeping 2 per-month or 1 per-week/per-2-week.

You want 2 a month, 4 a month or 8 a month? Seems a little extreme.

8 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

You want 2 a month, 4 a month or 8 a month? Seems a little extreme.

No,1 breed per 2 weeks,not 2 breeds per 1 week

Edited by NEX-Trishula

PLEASE no. Many of us are trying to build lineages and also collect every breed.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 8/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, OMGitsKairi said:

Please no.

I feel the same. Month after month, so many dragons flood in. I can't even remember any of them except the ones that make us jump through mechanic hoops or are basically unavailable to catch CB. With every release, I fell less inclined to devote the necessary time to catch up.

I'm happy with the two new breed per month normal we seem to have settled into, and edging towards overwhelmed by the frequency with which those releases include complex or numerous alts. I see that the OP was eight years ago so I can't really speak to that original intent, but I have to disagree with the poster who brought it back and it's a relief to see most players seem to agree with me. I'd like the birthday releases to be a little less huge too, though I do think it's right that they're bigger than normal releases.

We're heading into holiday season so it's a little moot for now but I hope next year's regular release season is more sort of 'what you catch is what you get' releases. I like alts but IMO they should be infrequent excitements not routine problems.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, Nothing-to-say-or-see said:

In fact,I hope keeping 2 per-month or 1 per-week/per-2-week.

I don't think TJ will ever release dragons on a biweekly (meaning every two weeks) basis, especially with how complicated mechanics are getting.