Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I completely and totally agree with more/bigger releases. There is a limit on how fast we can release dragons because we don't want to give newbies an impossible task, but an average of two non-holiday dragons per month [maybe 2.5 or 3] shouldn't be a problem for them, but would give the older players something more to do.

I am one of these older players, and I appreciate that there are times on DC where you don't have to still hunt this and need that. Two new breeds a month will make DC more hectic. Three is even worse if one aims for several CB pairs and frozen hatchlings that match certain criteria.

My real life is hectic enough. I don't want to add virtual stress to it.

This, totally this!

1-2 regular cave drops per release, plus 1-2 hybrids seem like a really good idea to me. Because, well, hybrids won't cause the "gotta catch 'em all" frenzy, but might help with getting blockers to move.

Yes, I agree with that. I would really love a regular release of that, on a set date like TJ mentioned is good, too, because I can plan ahead my breeding and such. I'm all for more releases also because of the long completed list and the many dragons on it I'd really love to collect. Lineage-wise I'd love more and regular releases, too, because it gives me more choices for my lineage. So the plan of an average of 1-2 new dragons + a Hbyrid now and then on the first sunday of a month sounds great to me (ok Sunday is not the best day for me since it's family day but I could cope^^)

I would like to see how adding two a month (except the months that would also have a holiday release) works out. I think that would be enough to keep things interesting, and still leave room for projects/giftings. It would be especially nice to know ahead of time that it's going to happen so one can have slots open, and I think having notice will help a little with the AP backlog that happens as users panic dump eggs.

It probably wouldn't be 24. There's still the problem of the "holiday season," which starts in late October and keeps going through Valentine's Day. It's difficult to release a new breed during those four months, which leaves you at 14 or 16 permanent breeds a year.

I could go for that.

I also like the idea of multiple dragons per release, just not 2 every month laugh.gif. Right now everyone is in the Alpine and it's hellish. If we did (i.e.) 5 non-event releases per year of 3 dragons each and spread those over 3 biomes, it would really lighten the load.

If we're getting more releases, I am als in favor of getting more eggslots. Maybe an 8th slot at 1000 dragons? A round number also allows people to grab male-female pairs of the new release. I don't think we should do more than 8 though - with all the experienced players (and we have a lot of them) grabbing just one more extra egg than they do now, the eggs will be tough enough to get.

Like what wss said, the good and rare dragons are mostly found in the Alpine or Dessert. I suggest more rare species for the other biomes as well biggrin.gif Especially the Coastal and Jungle- it somehow gets forgotten. wink.gif

I didn't read everything but I am also against. If we are always busy to collect new dragons we probably won't have the time (or space, or head) to do lineages or collection other things that we still don't have.

I can barely believe that older players (I play since 3 yrs) do have already everything they desire.

Also if there are always new dragons they won't be special as they are now.

That is my opinion wink.gif

Like what wss said, the good and rare dragons are mostly found in the Alpine or Dessert. I suggest more rare species for the other biomes as well biggrin.gif Especially the Coastal and Jungle- it somehow gets forgotten. wink.gif

Coastal - blusangs and tsunamis.

Jungle - stripes and dinos...

As said before, 2-3 a month for me would be alright.

Though, I can see how Bronze Trophy (or below) people will get an issue.

I know TJ, you said you won't add more eggslots, but think about it ...

You added the eggslots because of the variety of breeds we have now or blink.gif?

Somewhere in the Suggestion Area was a trophy thread, if I remember right.

People actually want more trophies for more dragons and more eggslots for people would be awesome (with releases 2 per month).

An older player, like me, may have enough reds and such to work my way through the new release and then continue the next 2-3 weeks with my projects.

But the newer ones, don't.

Also the people who jumped over 1000 or 2000 dragons, they may need more eggslots at one point (if they would like to join more projects or whatever xd.png)

So, we also really have to find a way for those people, too - at least in the long run.

Like Wymsy said:

I would love 1-2 new dragons a month (a 3rd with one would be cool too if it were a hybrid instead of a regular cave drop). If people find egg spots to be an issue, adding/altering trophy levels could always be considered.

I voted for 2.. though 1 once in a while is good too..

Since I am still below the bronze trophy I never really am able to get paired eggs :')

Still I was wondering if there could be a new trophy like around 1000-1500 dragons.. I don't know.

Coastal - blusangs and tsunamis.

Jungle - stripes and dinos...

Oh very much thank you. Sorry, I get mixed up sometimes tongue.gif

I Voted for 2 releases a month. I really would love to see more dragons here but I think 2 won`t be too much for our new players. smile.gif

I wanted to add that if it winds up being two, may I suggest the fist and third Sundays? I like to have pairs and two at once makes that difficult.

I voted 2, though I'd be happy with the occasional 1 and 3 release as well. Especially if they are split into different biomes or bred hybrids. I find when they are in various biomes, it splits the crowds so things are easier to catch.

Okay, first of all, I am super excited for monthly, scheduled releases. I voted for 1 release a month, because getting these new eggs was hard enough, I'm not sure I want to scramble for two different breeds! But I'd be happy with 2, I think 3 would be overboard. (With 2 a month, even trophy-less players have a chance to get 2 of each new dragon. With 3, you'd need a silver trophy to do the same.)

I would like to see more multi-biome releases, so that everyone isn't camped out in the same place. So I guess ideally, I'd like to see one breed released in 2+biomes, or two breeds, each with their own biome. Maybe alternate between these each month? (So for example, one month we get an Alpine-only dragon and a Coastal-only dragon, and the next month we get a Desert-and-Volcano dragon.)

For the people saying this messes up their playing style, I do understand. I just started my own projects, so having myself scroll-locked by the new release is a little frustrating. But it was my choice. I decided not to risk missing the new eggs later on, and put my project on hold.

And with new releases on a schedule, next time, I won't be surprised. I can plan my breeding around the new release, which is extremely helpful! Instead of having it happen at a time I might already be egglocked, now I have the advantage of knowing when it's going to happen and planning accordingly.

You also have the choice to keep going with your projects and go for the new eggs later. It's a gamble, sure, but now it's a choice and not a matter of being surprised while egglocked. It also gives you a time where you know it's safe to egglock yourself with a project.

Edit: I'm also in favor of an 8th egg-slot once a user hits 1,000 dragons. Platinum trophy, perhaps? I just got my Gold trophy, and even with 7 egg slots, I know it will take me a while to hit 1,000. I think it makes the goal interesting and challenging-yet-obtainable. I would also love to be able to grab 4 of each new egg, if two were released at the same time, and I like even numbers, so...

I'm also in favor of hybrids being released as the second (or third) dragon in a release. Going back to my biome suggestion, if a hybrid is released, the in-cave dragon should be released in two biomes, as though only one dragon were being released. Preferably, these two biomes would be different from the ones where the hybrid's parents can be found. (Example: Let's say the hybrid is the Two-Finned Blunna, whose parents are all found at the Coast. The other new dragon should not be released at the Coast, but in two of the other biomes.)

Edited by GhostMouse

I wouldn't mind another release or two a year, but every single month? That seems a little crazy. I personally like some time to pass before the chaos of another release ensues. I voted one a month, because zero wasn't an option. Maybe one every couple/three months... I could handle once a month, but it seems it would get old, like something taken for granted.

It would be nice to have dragons released into the other biomes though. I don't like the thought of scheduled releases. I like being surprised, even if I don't get the eggs right off the bat.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Here's another idea- every month has ONE release but... Due to the long stretch in between Vday and Halloween, maybe June and July (flexible) could have 2 releases.

People need to stop complaining about things 'ruining their playstyles'. It is impossible to cater to everyone's choice of play.

I think if we'd be getting a new dragon each month, it should only be one.

Take someone in my situation for example. I didn't check the forums at all yesterday (mainly due to a personal crisis, on top of a strained wrist), so I log in now and discover I missed the entirity of the non-mixed egg drop. It's bad enough that it hasn't even been a month since the valentine's day drop, meaning I never expected this to happen. But now I have to fight through people who might want more than a few eggs as well as others who just want their first one.

And the normal eggs are appearing through the mass as well. Needless to say, this isn't going to be any fun for me. |: But at least I only have to grab two eggs-- one to influence male and one to influence female. If there were more than one breed here that would double my stress load this morning.

It is impossible to cater to everyone's choice of play.

That's true. Yet every single suggestion like this is someone asking for the game to 'cater' to how they would like to play the game, and how they would like to see it work, because they'd like to play that way. That's why there's a suggestion thread. Some people like things the way they are. *shrug*

If something like this suggestion is implemented into the game, then more egg slots are going to be needed sooner or later. If two species, or even one, were to be released every month, I'd want about 10 egg slots for eggs and projects. I just roll with how things go, but a release every single month just seems like madness to me. Plus, that's a hell of a lot of work to pile on TJ and the artists...

Edited by MedievalMystic

That's true. Yet every single suggestion like this is someone asking for the game to 'cater' to how they would like to play the game, and how they would like to see it work, because they'd like to play that way. That's why there's a suggestion thread. Some people like things the way they are. *shrug*

If something like this suggestion is implemented into the game, then more egg slots are going to be needed sooner or later. If two species, or even one, were to be released every month, I'd want about 10 egg slots for eggs and projects. I just roll with how things go, but a release every single month just seems like madness to me. Plus, that's a hell of a lot of work to pile on TJ and the artists...

A lot of work for TJ, but not for the artists. Look at the completed list. It needs to be cleared out, we need more releases. We don't need more work for the artists, they've done all the work and nothing is being done with it.

If people don't want more releases, then we should close Dragon Requests, because we have more requests than we know what to do with.

Well, it is a TON of work the dragon requests have now reached three whole posts. 0.o The whole thing is just INSANE!

Personally, I'm not against more releases. Just not every single month.

It wouldn't be any more work for the artists. The work has all been done and is waiting for release. We could easily get plenty of releases out the current Completed List.