Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My one concern with more frequent releases is the phenomenon we're seeing right now due to the recent Speckle-Throat release: when AP blocking is disabled, the AP very rapidly hits a thousand egg+ backlog and the biomes are subsequently only available hourly for the next several days after a release.

More frequent releases would be wonderful, I agree, but not "AP block on the biomes for the entire month except during release days".

But when the releases start to be scheduled, everyone would know when to expect the next one and leave slots open on their scrolls. So there won't be that much people abandoning eggs to make room for the new ones and the backlog might not be as big as it was now.

4 to 6 breed releases may not help the problem 100%. Just like when the blusangs, olives, and brimstones were released. I was able to get the olive and brimstone easily, sure. But it seemed like eventually everyone just wanted more blusangs and crowded up together in the coast anyway.

Thinking about it just now, I should probably move this to first Sunday, so that it doesn't interfere with work or school.

Does this start in April? smile.gif

EDIT: I don't get the fact that people complain that the AP is blocked, and there are only hourly drops. Are we that impatient? All of us should be happy for new releases, not dreading them because of the AP. smile.gif

Edited by imperatrica101

I'd like to know when the new releases start as well so I'll know when to be here. smile.gif

I'd say one release per month sounds like a maximum to me, counting holiday releases. Also, I prefer when there are not more than 2 different breeds per release. When there are more it becomes rather hectic and difficult to get a pair of each.

Edit : I hadn't seen that this was almost exactly what TJ had posted O.o Well ok, that's really cool !!!

This is merely my opinion and I am aware that on this subject everyone will have wildly different opinions smile.gif However I think that most people agree that it would be nice to see a bit more releases.

Edited by Anna Selka

okay, i'm gonna say one thing right now and be rather blunt about it.

unless something is done with the AP first to prevent it from doing what it has with this new release then i'm against monthly new releases.

i dont know if this is specifically because the AP can't make up its mind on how it wants to present eggs, but its now almost 2 weeks since the last new release and its still rebounding from the mass AP drop caused by the STD release and only giving a 6 min window of the first drop to hunt in.

if this is how the cave will act, that it will take 2/3rd of the month to rebound from the effects of a new release, then this is going to put a MAJOR hamper in cave hunting of any sort.

yes i reliase that scheduled releases will help with the mass scroll dumps which causes this, but i think a lot of people forget that only a small % of users actually keep up with the forum which announces these things. so a good 50%+ of players likely dont know about this and will continue to AP dump with every new release.

Edited by Red2111

But the ap clog isn't just caused by the new release. We've lots of previous releases to show that this is unusual. It's by people mass-dumping missclicks from rare hunting in the cave due to the metal/stripe/trio/black/uncommon boom. I've hatchy locked myself with cb eggs from the ap. 21 low-time cb hatchies, half of which were a single breed.

edit: and I've dumped my fair share of cbs that were not what I was hunting. Including 1 cb black. /huggles magmas

Edited by Vhale

But the ap clog isn't just caused by the new release. We've lots of previous releases to show that this is unusual. It's by people mass-dumping missclicks from rare hunting in the cave due to the metal/stripe/trio/black/uncommon boom. I've hatchy locked myself with cb eggs from the ap. 21 low-time cb hatchies, half of which were a single breed.

edit: and I've dumped my fair share of cbs that were not what I was hunting. Including 1 cb black. /huggles magmas

^this^

I think when things settle down again it will be fine. (dumped black CBs myself, and bit with wild abandon - anyone else notice that biting is working well at the moment ??? xd.png)

yes.. as long as the metals and other highly desirable rares continue to drop in large numbers in the cave, then the AP back log of mis-clicks will continue.

I've been lucky so far in that most of my mis-clicks were usually CB blacks which I don't mind keeping or giving to my nephew LOL

The new way the AP has been cycling through those eggs though is rather interesting... but a little disconcerting when I go from staring at a screen of dull colored eggs to a sudden explosion of color.. takes a bit for the eyes to re-adjust.

so is it a sure thing that every 1st sunday of the month there will be a new release.

liek can we expect to see one April 7th or March 31st?

This would be great, more releases.

I'm an older player, coming up on 2500 dragons in my collection, and I still love the game, but I get so bored in between releases. I've been drifting away, not on nearly as often. Even though my work and school are very hectic right now also, I still like to relax and play a bit too.

I like some of the changes already being tested like breeding is a tad easier for my lineages - but new releases more often would be awesome. It's not like there isn't a ton of finished dragons in the dragon area....

wink.gif

so is it a sure thing that every 1st sunday of the month there will be a new release.

liek can we expect to see one April 7th or March 31st?

pssst.... the first Sunday in march was the 3rd. tongue.gif

Erm... We already had a release in March. O.o

And please don't spell like as "liek". That would be pronounced "lie-eck" and it annoys the heck out of me. :|

EDIT: Double ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Spelunker

I like the excitement about getting a new dragon every three months, maybe two.

Maybe release two breeds of dragon every other month?

I feel that releasing more before that will just stress people out... It's extremely frustrating to sit in the same place for an hour clicking and clicking and not getting anything... because there are 200 people hogging them ...

Hi, IcarusTheDragon, we're going to start getting 2 breeds Released every month now, which I think is great, although I hope that this won't be permitted to foul up the accessibility of the more useful older dragons on a permanent basis, due to breeders-nerve-wrecking ratios.

Edit: I do agree with your point though - it would be great if we could get Floods for several days at every Release, lol, to forestall that, although I wouldn't bet on that happening.

Edited by Syphoneira

I thijnk it's most likely that with more regular releases, the hype dies down some.

I doubt that. It will always be the same kind of hype.

laugh.gif yeah the 31st would still be March woudln't. i just didn't know since the release happend at midnight and was thinking it would be the midnight between Sunday and Monday. not the Midnight between Saturdya and Sunday

ninja.gif

but i guess if its done on the Midnight between Sunday and Monday then technically it woudl be a Monday release.

dont mind me *whistles*

With these new releases, can anyone say what time Cave Time they are released?

First Sunday of the month, Cave Time ... ?

Also, do we know the breeds in advance that will be released, or it is a surprise?

Thanks. smile.gif

With these new releases, can anyone say what time Cave Time they are released?

First Sunday of the month, Cave Time ... ?

Also, do we know the breeds in advance that will be released, or it is a surprise?

Thanks. smile.gif

We never get to know the breeds in advance. I assume since cave drops have always started at midnight cave time, that will be the case with these as well.

We never get to know the breeds in advance. I assume since cave drops have always started at midnight cave time, that will be the case with these as well.

Thank you. smile.gif

I agree with this. There are plenty in the requests, lots in the completed. Tons of good ideas are waiting to be released into the cave!