Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, please. Sunday would be much better.

Sunday, indeed, please. Awesome. Though it will leave little time for lineage building wink.gif

I'd love a new release once a month. And on a Sunday too. Though maybe it would've been more fun to not know the day, just that we should have a new dragon every month. Keeping the element of surprise and all.

But still: Support

Sunday is good for me so that gets my vote. Hmm, maybe there'll be two different games - collectors and lineage builders!

It'll certainly put a stop to my having more than one or two lineages on the go and confusing the heck out of myself! laugh.gif

*delurks*

sunday is all right - as long as the eggs are still quite plentiful come monday morning. it's really easier for me monday morning.... at work. xd.png

I prefer Saturday to Sunday, but whatever works best. I think it is a good plan.

Wait, so does that mean there's going to be a second breed released alongside the Speckle-Throated, or is that schedule going into affect starting next month?

For those wondering, my (new) current aim is for a release of two breeds on the first Monday of every month.

I really don't care for the amount of dragons, any number is fine.

However, having a fixed date or at least up-front announcement is imo crucial to the fairness of the game.i sometimes don't check dc before late in the afternoon hours, where with the last drops, everything was already back to normal

TJ09 - Winning since whenever he was born.

yes,yes, yes biggrin.gif

and knowing WHEN means I can be ready and have slots available-- no more "should I or should I not drop this or that"-- which means less in the AP during releases and sooner to a "normal" cave

I really want this! I only play DC around the holiday and on new releases, so more releases means I'll be more active here.

I want more releases (one a month would be perfect), but I'd like 1 or 2 breeds /release. I don't have many egg slots, and I'd like to get 2 of each so I can have a boy and girl on the drop, then collect more based on how I like 'um. And I'd rather have them on the weekends, but anytime good.

There are hundreds of dragons waiting on the competed list and it makes me sad to see them not get used.

I'm not sure. I like to be able to work on lineages, collect things, etc. between releases. I don't want that mad rush to catch shineh new stuff every month. Though releases of multiple species at once would be helpful, I think.

If I know there are going to be new dragons at the first of each month, then I can plan breeding accordingly. Though...

I'll never have enough slots to breed all the pretties I'd like to. tongue.gif

I'm not sure. I like to be able to work on lineages, collect things, etc. between releases. I don't want that mad rush to catch shineh new stuff every month. Though releases of multiple species at once would be helpful, I think.

^ THIS very much for me too. I could deal with 1 new dragon every month or every 6 weeks (on average - so one release of 3 every 3 months is fine too). But more than that and it stops being a fun game and turns into a mad 'gotta catch them all!' frenzy.

Edit: Since TJ is planning to do more frequent releases, could we get a poll on what the userbase would like? I.e. keep as is / 2 a month / 1 a month / etc? I know TJ is not bound by our opinions, but it might be good to see what people think.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

I'm thinking round-a-bout the same way. Especially if the new dragon(s) is/are so gorgeous that I would want more than 5 pairs of each.

I do like the idea of new releases more often, but once a month might be a little too much, lol. If it's implemented though, I guess I would just deal (like I do with every change), and just try to get all of my breeding and hunting done before the end of every month....or try to alternate with bred eggs and new eggs.

Who knew that even 7 egg slots would still not be enough xd.png

For those wondering, my (new) current aim is for a release of two breeds on the first Monday of every month.

You're officially my favorite person Ever!! ^^

2 breeds per month sounds like a deal. smile.gif

That sounds absolutely amazing TJ! *o*

I personally only collect/hoard species that I really like and so having more chances at finding something I love enough to hoard sounds nothing short of awesome to me (since I'm way too picky :x). Knowing that we'll be able to plan for a release is helpful too, though I do like the surprise of "ooh new release!". Definitely don't mind that aspect going away for more breeds though! =3

Edited by dragonico

I personally think we should have more releases because there are so many breeds on the completed section, and more are getting added far faster than they're being taken out (that is, set aside for release). It's sad to see so many dragons that will never be used at this rate... but really, it's up to TJ.

...*reads TJ's post*

all of the win

all of it

^ THIS very much for me too. I could deal with 1 new dragon every month or every 6 weeks (on average - so one release of 3 every 3 months is fine too). But more than that and it stops being a fun game and turns into a mad 'gotta catch them all!' frenzy.

Edit: Since TJ is planning to do more frequent releases, could we get a poll on what the userbase would like? I.e. keep as is / 2 a month / 1 a month / etc? I know TJ is not bound by our opinions, but it might be good to see what people think.

I'm not sure I would be able to vote intelligently in a poll on this, right now. I'd like to try it out for a while and see how it works out in practice. It looks like you would spend 7-10 days a month on new releases and then have 20+ days for other things, but I would like to actually work with it for a while, then ask for tweaks if it proves necessary.

Guys, okay. I see the excitement of "Yayyy more releases". But think about it first, please.

I (speaking personally here) collect a frozen ungendered, male and female hatchie of every breed, plus a few CB's of each gender. If I want to collect everything, I effectively have a month to collect 2 new breeds before the next ones come out. That's, 4 weeks to collect 2 breeds, AND carry on with all the usual lineages and collecting of other breeds that I'm still low on.

Seriously, people will leave the game and come back later, only to find loads of breeds they've missed. And if they've got the 'collect everything' goal, then that'd make it pretty difficult.

I like things the way they are now, we have time to do other things. Too many releases will just make DC boring - nobody will do lineages and everything will be focussed on collecting the new breeds each month.

Admittedly, I'd be interested to see how 2 per month worked on a trial basis.

Edited by TheGrox

Seriously, people will leave the game and come back later, only to find loads of breeds they've missed. And if they've got the 'collect everything' goal, then that'd make it pretty difficult.

I'm with Grox on basically everything he said xd.png. And would like to add: with so many releases, new players will continually have to play catch-up. I would really prefer an average of 1 a month or even slightly less than that.

Well, there is always Teh Trades to buff up scrolls with new releases. I hear you on wanting to do lineages. I need 16 of one gender to do an even-gen as I want to. And I like to have 2 adults and each frozen hatchling. But part of that goal grew out of not having much to do. I think having to plan more carefully what's really important to me to collect, will add a little more to the game. we care about things that we work a little harder for. My original goal was only 1 cb of each species. I could cut back again.