Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

... 1 breed with 5 color variants (stripes), two with three color variants (tinsels, shimmers), and two breeds with 2 color variants (dorsals, ridgewings)

... 3 breeds with alts (vine, black, nebula), two of which are dimorphic

... 1 breed where the sprite changes with the time of day (nocturne)

... 1 breed that can change appearance after breeding (lumina)

I want more dragons that do these :3

But yeah. We so need more releases.

And maybe one more egg slot, ha.

This means Coastal, Desert and Volcanic need more stuff in it! biggrin.gif

We need more Volcano dragons especially since we haven't had a release there in a long time.

Like me and a lot of other people who play this game, I don't have hours to stalk the cave for hours and hours on end hoping for one CB to pop up :/

I dislike the waiting game entirely, which is why I hardly hunt for CBs anymore.

I joined in 08, and I JUST now managed to catch my own CB gold.

Yeah I don't have that kind of time and neither do a lot of others.

And before you aruge that it's a rare and they don't pop up much, this goes the same for other eggs too that aren't @_@. Some of the uncommon ones for example. I've been hunting nebs lately, and I don't have time to sit there and wait for it to pop up just so someone else can grab it. :/

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but that's part of the reason why the trading infrastructure is in place. if you don't want to wait around anymore, you can breed what you already have in exchange for what you want, and most people are very reasonable in regards to what they want for something else. It's been a bit off lately, what with the Shimmers and the CB metal surge, but after that dies down it should be fairly easy to find someone who is willing to catch a CB Nebula for you (or already has one up for trade) in exchange for a couple random hatchlings or a nice-lineaged common egg. Just the point is, there are multiple ways to play the game and get what you want.

In the last year we've had the following, by my count:

March 4th - Speckle-Throated

Feb 14th - Valentine's Day

Dec 25th - Holidays

Nov 23rd - Black Friday (Tri-horn)

October 31st - Halloween

August 15th - Olives, Brimstones & Blusangs

May - Tsunamis, Luminas & Ultraviolets

April 2th - Turpentines

So twelve dragons, and there was a *big* lull between May and August.

I think we could stand to have some more releases. I think we should at least try for a few months and see how it goes before digging in our heels and saying "NO". Especially since a lot of us DO want more dragons, more often.

agreed. It's helpful to see those numbers as that means if we did one a month, we'd have no more releases than last year.

I think we could stand to have some more releases. I think we should at least try for a few months and see how it goes before digging in our heels and saying "NO". Especially since a lot of us DO want more dragons, more often.

Yeah, if everything thinks it's just getting too hectic, TJ can just slow em down.

But 1/4 of the releases were limited-edition.

Yup. So really only nine dragons that are still in circulation in terms of hunting/trading. Nine new things a year sounds really low, imo. I like TJ's idea.

Yup. So really only nine dragons that are still in circulation in terms of hunting/trading. Nine new things a year sounds really low, imo. I like TJ's idea.

But going from 9 to 24 (!) is bit steep imo.

I'm all for the proposed system. There are so many gorgeous dragons just waiting to be released, and I'd love to have more and more dragons for me to collect. I miss my early days in cave when I had so many choices and new things to collect!

It's amazing how quickly this thread went from; "More, more, we want to more!!" to "Oh, no that's too many!!".

I still think we should give this a chance. If it seems too many, we can always do polls, make suggestions, tell TJ.

That's why I'm in favour of trying it for a few months (now that we're over the hump of holidays that occurs from oct-feb) and see how it goes smile.gif TJ will be open to feedback and he pays attention to what we say, as you can see from this thread!

Indeed. 7 egg slots, 2 new breeds a month. So 2 weeks to get 14 of them if you do well. Then 2 more weeks for 14 other dragons, assuming 7 per week. And that's slower than can be done.

If it makes lineaging a little harder that would count more for even-gens since you need a lot to start. But it might make spirals, stairs and arrows more popular as those as much easier in terms of dragons needed. And a LOT of time can be taken off even gens by asking or trading for 2nd gens.

Let's give this a fair shot smile.gif

I'm all for more releases. It stops the game getting stale, livens up the trade economy and, better than all that, gets us more dragons biggrin.gif

I'd much rather have more normal releases than more events, as was suggested by some threads around Christmas as a way to liven up the lull between Valentine's and Halloween.

And I'm definitely keener on it being on a Sunday rather than a Monday - otherwise it's totally distracting being at work and knowing there are dragons to be caught! tongue.gif

Thinking about it just now, I should probably move this to first Sunday, so that it doesn't interfere with work or school.

This sounds wonderful.

It probably wouldn't be 24. There's still the problem of the "holiday season," which starts in late October and keeps going through Valentine's Day. It's difficult to release a new breed during those four months, which leaves you at 14 or 16 permanent breeds a year.

I was wondering how that period was planned. Like this idea more and more.

It probably wouldn't be 24. There's still the problem of the "holiday season," which starts in late October and keeps going through Valentine's Day. It's difficult to release a new breed during those four months, which leaves you at 14 or 16 permanent breeds a year.

I like this idea more and more. I like knowing WHEN breeds will be released, so I can plan ahead and have an open scroll. Will you consider increasing egg limits?

awww, but I want 24 xd.png

i think the amount of drops we had last year was perfect tbh.

they were frequent enough that it kept the cave fresh; but infrequent enough to allow for focus on older dragons being bred (like Tins and Metals) and keeping a good handle on any lineages. plus the catching of older dragons still needed for various reasons.

if we did more drops, i'd ask for more egg slots (like a platnum (1000 dragons = 8 slots), and Diamond (2000 dragons = 9 slots) granted i'd still only have 7 slots for probably the next year xd.png but knowing i'd get more slots eventually with the increased drops would make me feel better tbh

Edited by Red2111

I like the idea of 14 to 16 new breeds a year, though the egg limits might need to be bumped up one or two slots to accommodate.

I'm behind this idea 100%! I think it's a marvelous idea! It would do wonders for the Trading economy! Please may we do this?

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, I would love new releases to get pretties on my scroll. On the other hand, though, I have some reservations. I think that it would mean TJ would have to spend more time on here and perhaps have to make decisions more quickly. It might also cause some errors with biomes (things getting released in the wrong biome). I wouldn't complain either way, but if I had to choose, I think I would cast a white stone (meaning that I would say 'yes') for this one. It's not like every breed is worth collecting in my case. There are some caveblockers that I still don't have on my scroll (even though they're easy to catch) because I don't want to see them. It's the same with new releases. Not every breed is pretty to every user, so not every user would feel the need to collect them. That's just my two cents...

I am another on the fence.

On one hand, there are so many amazing dragons I would love to see at the Cave... on the other... it took me forever to catch up after only being gone a short while -- just long enough to miss turps, tsunami, blusang, etc -- and then there's a wee bit of worry of what trying to collect so many new breeds would do to my lineage projects.

I much prefer change in small steps. We had 9 non-event new dragons last year, how about 12 this year and see how it goes?

I was on last night when it suddenly changed and I click*clicked to find out what the heck this new discription was. Surprises are fun. Being able to plan is also nice.