Obscure_Trash

Rant Thread

Whilst I was away for two weeks, my mum decided to feed the wild sparrows this disgusting, highly processed (and practically inedible) wafer snack imported from China even though I clearly told her to just restock the bird table every couple of days with the nice, healthy, good sparrow food I brought solely for them like suet balls, tasty seeds and peanuts. Yeah, we get like four times as many sparrows now as we did before cause its that craps like sparrow opium to them, but do you not see that this is absolutely not good for these guys? You can enjoy the birds but you've got to do it in a way that doesn't affect their health and long-term well-being. Yet, unsurprisingly, shes adamant that she's right and that i'm wrong. We apparently also haven't had any Wood Pigeons ever since I left. I really hope they've just flown to the countryside and that they haven't just gobbled it all up and that the worst hasn't come to worst.

I seriously don't get why she can't just take a step back and see how badly her actions impact upon others. I hope this isn't just a taster for things to come and that things don't take a turn for the worst when I finally move away for uni in September.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:54 PM, Naraku said:

"Everything Wrong About Trading Hub in 30 Minutes or Less"

Reveal hidden contents

-It takes time to hatch an egg, regardless of its lineage. Egg has to reach 4d to hatch (minimum 2 days if taken from cave). They may have to be incubated and placed into hatcheries. After that, we must play the waiting game. ER eggs hatch in 30 minutes or more if it's late at night. No. Hatchies definitely aren't free and I feel bad for those who fell for those dumb scams. Unless if they wanted the offered eggs, then great, good for them. Again. Hatchies are not free, period. Request an AP dummy instead, or just not say "free, just offer hatchies" and make a proper trade, asking for 1 hatchie or more.

-We have a "wants" description for a reason. Can't people read? "Give me what I want". Yeah, that's specific. I get exactly what you want. You want to waste our time. Don't bother trading if you wouldn't specify what you want. Even just "offers" is way better than that pretentious statement. And stop bumping those crappy trades. We are tired of seeing those. Maybe just me. But we're limited to one page in the front. And they're taking up more than 1/4 page and bumping when they fall off the first page... Pagination when?

- A single messy egg is not worth a CB Gold. If you know what CB means, you should know better than to ask for one with what you're offering.

- Making an individual trades for 1-2 eggs is better than bundling everything together and expecting a CB Gold in return. Not everybody have a CB Gold on their hand at any given time. Multiple CB rares are great for a CB Gold, but 4 un/common eggs/hatchies are probably only worth a CB Silver at the very best.

- Occasional chatting goes through Trading Hub with no intention to trade. That is spam. Again, we only have one page at the moment so take it to PM or leave a contact information in their trade. If there is none, then don't bother trying to reach out via Trading Hub. It's very unlikely for them to see whatever message they have for them. They also probably don't want to be bothered for a trade, hence no contact information. Doesn't matter if they're desperate for whatever they're offering. Just don't create spam for everyone else to see.

- That "2G" Omenkin from Prize (which is actually a nightmarish mess). Hilarious. Technically right, but it isn't worth anything but a common hatchie, CB if they're lucky.

- Google Translate exists. Use that instead of complaining about some language discrimination in another language.

... End of discussion. For now. Sorry about any grammar errors/inconsistencies. Just wanted to get this off my chest. Kudos to you for reading this, and I hope you enjoyed reading this and/or relate with my struggles :P 

I love the Trading Hub system, but... Ugh. People. :P To whoever actually makes their trades fair, reasonable, and readable, thank you very much (seriously).

^This. on every single level. I don't mind seeing trades, hence the whole purpose of the trading hub, but seriously, you're either a fresh-born noob to DC or an idiot sandwich if you think your 1-4 messy eggs, hatchlings are worth asking for a CB Gold, 2G Prize or ND of any kind. If you're a noob then no shame, you're still figuring out the values of different draggos, but if you've had a scroll since 2010, 11, longer than 6 months then you should know by now which dragons are worth a CB gold. And even in the real world, you can't just walk up to a jewelry store and offer to trade a candy bar for a gold ring. it's just not logical.

-----------------------------------------------

(For my actual rant)

I'm so ticked off at myself. Here I have this whole day off and what do I accomplish? Nothing! Zilch, zip! nadda! I got to do a 2 hour stream, but that was it. I didn't even get to start writing on that big project. Why? because I don't know when I'll find the time to do it. I feel like I'm letting people down and just....RAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Phew, okay, I needed that vent.

I think you are an EXTRAORDINARILY SUNNY GLITTERHATCHLING.

I do not enjoy debating. And english isn't my native language sorry. - to the person on Instagram.

I didn't respond to the person.

Some user in Instagram keeps reply on my comment on the photos in specific account. Yes, your opinion may different then me I understand. But your attitude is suck. One day, you did argue with another user via reply on my comment and it made my inbox rushing. Which was annoying to me. Although I didn't join the **** debating. And today, you added that **** reply on my comment again. So I blocked you because I don't want be annoyed by you anymore. You may call me coward, **** , **** , or something else. But I don't care it.

If that person come to me with their other anaccount... Ha... ****

**** off. You're my eyesore.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Dear Microsoft Word,

STOP forcing me to try and pay for a crappy subscription every time my computer updates. I have the 2007 edition installed for a reason, so I don't have to pay, which I shouldn't have to. I never had to in the past, why are you trying to force me to do so now? I have one thing to say to you greedy developers. BITE ME!

I came back from travel, and I couldn't access home CCTV. And I came home and I noticed garden hose burst and circuit breaker activated :/

I am SO **** sick and tired of uninstalling and reinstalling this STUPID **** GAME just because SOME save file got corrupted or lost in the nether or SOME ****ING ****  and I can't find it anywhere on my computer!

When I finally get something to work so I can play, SOMETHING ELSE gets broken and I have to start uninstalling and reinstalling AGAIN!

God I HATE computers!

Sigh~ please stop telling me stuff I already know as if you think I don't already know when I just told you the exact same thing and then you think its an opinion. and if you'd actually LISTEN you'd know. *internal raging/seething/growling*

Update: *Headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk*

Edited by Syiren

Stupid food, you always make me gain weight! I'm gonna eat you, that will teach you!

What happened? Why have you avoided any talk or mention of updating? I'm not mad, but I wish you'd just tell me why you never updated it when you said you would that weekend, but that was months ago. If you're too taxed with work or other projects, just say so. I can rework it and upload it on my page. it's no big deal. We did split the work evenly after all, except for the editing, which after reading that one review, which was very helpful  and the very definition of constructive criticism, wasn't really handled as well. I would easily rewrite it if you ask. I hate that for almost a year now I've wanted to say heck with it and re-write it anyway. It is my work too, but out of respect I haven't and I don't want to do something without your knowledge because I feel that would be pulling the rug out from under you and that's the last thing I want to do. Yet at the same time it feels like whenever you do reply you poof just as quickly whenever I even mention the project. You won't hurt my feelings if you just come out and say, "I can't work on it" or "I'm having trouble." 

I'm not mad in the least, this is just to vent the feelings and thoughts that I've kept bottled up for so long. if you want to send a PM on any of the sites where we chat please do, I'd love to get this resolved and get back to updating. I still love our story and so many parts still make me laugh. it's clearly popular, even in the state it is. You may never see this, but if you do stumble across it, just know that I am here and I understand, but I also can't help if I don't know the cause and the only annoyance is that I've been left hanging for over a year and I have more written work for it that I'd love to upload, but I can't because it would reveal the plot, which I don't want to do until the main project is complete.

I freaking swear, everything about FFXIII is a direct rip off of FFVII, when not throwing in random and complete ******** into the mix. It's like they took a giant chunk from FFVII, and a bit of every other FF and KH game before it, threw it into a blender and out comes the garbage that is XIII. That entire series is a putrid, disgusting piece of crap. Sqaure was really desperate when they made that game....and then when they felt like making two sequels. Just why? Thank goodness they split FFXV from this crap. I enjoyed FFXV, and I love FFVII, always will.

How the hell is Lightning even remotely popular? Her base model is the same as Cloud's, and they basically tried to make her a female verison, only they failed. Cloud had proper motivation and reasons for his actions. Lightning's is the same, she's extremely stupid and I'm sorry, did the third game make her a mary sue by turning her into a goddess? Just.....what? 

So many facts about the game's own story and it its world works is confusing, contradicting and dumb! It speaks of chaos as if its where all dead souls go, and then are reborn, but chaos is something evil, right? How can a newborn soul be innocent if chaos is evil? And even worse, the way Chaos is described sounds an awful lot like the Lifestream from FFVII, another theme stolen from a better game? Desperate much Square? Oh, right, your reason for why it's different is because the Lifestream is good, while Chaos is evil? sure, that makes it better, of oh wait, guess not. 

In Dirge of Cerberus (FFVII) Vincent had Chaos within him, (an actual being, not an evil lifestream counterpart) and worked with it to save the lifestream from the omega weapon which was sucking it up in order to travel to a new world? Ohhh~ wait, doesn't Lightning Returns try the same thing by having Lightning take the souls to a new world to start anew? Damn, how badly did FFXIII actually steal ideas from FFVII? Sure, DoC got a little confusing, but at least we got character development.

Vincent was finding closer and opening up more, the gang was doing better and improving to help their world recover, Reeve was managing the WRO, and oh yeah, our main hero Cloud seems to have made some serious improvement with his depression. Not only is he back to being a team player/leader but he actually expressed humor and chuckled when talking to Vincent on the phone, and yeah, he smiles more and answers his phone! This is how you develop all your characters Square, not keep them the exact same....for 500 YEARS! just....HOW?! That's so DUMB!!

FFXIII is DUMB!

ETA: btw, sorry to anyone who is a FFXIII fan, I have no beef with you if you choose to like it and hey, if you can like something I don't that's awesome, at least someone enjoys it. I just hate how Lightning and her game get recognition when its mainly recycling ideas from other FF games and they don't get the credit they deserve. Example: People contantly bash Cloud for being 'emo' but love Lightning for the same reason? First things first, Cloud isn't emo. Poor guy was suffering depression and possibly PTSD. Why? Well, how much crap has he gone through and lost? Mother, home town, best friend, another friend he promised to protect? his memories were messed with, he was experimented on for 4 years and was mind controlled by a dried up alien husk? That wouldn't just break a normal person, it would shatter them. Cloud is amazingly mentally strong for putting up and pulling through after all of that. Lightning's struggles and pain just don't even feel believable because her character traits are copied and reused. 

Edited by Syiren

You buy a new iPhone every time there's a new one, yet you get argumentative about buying a couple of new smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher even when the old ones are older than I am and clearly broken?! **** off.

Edited by Ripan

... I offered exactly what those people wanted (I never offer on vague trades) yet I got declined twice today. Wonderful.

My fault for trusting people. Time to stop making an offer on anything for a good while... Yet again...

Something I’m still salty bout today.

Its great snow angels have different colourations, but not so great when the one your stuck with happens to be your absolute least favourite :( and you can’t change what you have.

When I didn’t know this, I confusedly and frustratedly grabbed a bunch not understanding why I was super ‘unlucky’ until I realised!

Wow. You really did that? Thanks for making me feel like ****. You come into my room, not knocking btw, and the first hing you say, isn't "Good morning" it's "You have that $4 in quarters?" Really? REALLY?! Not even a greeting, you just ask about money. Thanks for making me feel appreciated, NOT!

And then I ask for a few minutes to wake up and you get irritated and leave for the bank without saying a word, so when I'm walking around the damn house with the stupid quarters in hand you're nowhere to be found? Again, thanks for the disrespect. You're very good at that when you want to be. Shoving pressure and guilt down on others when they have no reason to feel that way. I work my **** off for what I earn. I was trying to be nice when I offered you the quarters the other night, but you weren't in the mood to take them then. Did I pressure you and make you feel guilty? NO. I said, "Okay, just remind me later." - IS THAT NOT SHOWING RESPECT?! Kindly show me the same. You know what? Forget it. I'll keep the quarters and continue saving them myself. You're not putting me through these guilt emotions when you know I struggle with guilt issues and still get what you want. It's not happening. :angry:

Edited by Syiren
typos are evil.

It could have been perfect. The trip could have been Thursday and Friday. I don't care where I am on Friday morning, I won't even need internet, I only really really REALLY need internet and MY OWN **** COMPUTER on Thursday morning.

But of course we need to leave on Wednesday, so Thursday will be the day I'm not on my computer in the morning. Happy Halloween to me.

And yes, I know I'm making too big of a deal of a silly browser game, but, but, but... :P  uh, but it's like... Halloween is ONCE a year, and all the cool eggs are certainly going to be on the AP during the first few minutes, and I'll miss them because I won't have a good computer! RAAAARRR WAAAAH WAAAH GRAAAAA ANGRY NOISES!

OK - I know it's a gift but really? I offer a Gold for a dummy (so free essentially) and you put it in the fricking trading hub because it's UNWANTED. WTF? You could have left it to someone else instead of trying to milk the pretty lineage for what it's worth :(

4 hours ago, Herk said:

OK - I know it's a gift but really? I offer a Gold for a dummy (so free essentially) and you put it in the fricking trading hub because it's UNWANTED. WTF? You could have left it to someone else instead of trying to milk the pretty lineage for what it's worth :(

I gifted something and it's abandoned >.>
This is why I feel forced to gift it to only people that I know, rather than I don't know.
I don't usually throw eggs/hatchlings unwantedly, unless it's at the Trading Hub, where I shouldn't care what happens to the eggs/hatchlings that I offered.

And this ultimately defeats the purpose of me trading my caught Rares for 2-4 random hatchlings, since I have 2 purposes:

1) For them to keep and take care, or for re-gifting

2) So I can reach Platinum faster.

Now that I have achieved 2), and seeing 1) is not always done, I might be very less active in Trading Hub >.<

Look. I know we're friends and all... but would you oh so very kindly **** stop talking for at least one **** moment?! We talk almost every day, as soon as you log on and all the way until either you or me log out, and it usually has to be me because you never **** shut up without me quitting first! Good god, don't you have anything else to with your time? Oh... you do, but even that's not enough to stop you from spamming me with messages and chattering my bleeding ears off every single day! I get off the computer for, like, one second or so, and instantly you're whining and whimpering like a freaking lost puppy or something, like I've been missing for ten years. I have a life to live, you know. I can't spend every single moment of my day answering the billions upon gorillions upon gazillions of inane questions you send me every hour.

Internet....Y U GOTTA BE SUCH A PAIN?! All I wanted to do was connect my Switch to the wifi. Not reset the entire flipping network! JEEBUS! 

I don't get it! You offered the egg for free on the hub. I offered a dummy. I'm sure others did, too, so I'm not really expecting to get it. But I have tied up one of my egg spaces now for almost 24 hours waiting for you to do something. Accept or decline, please? I really want that egg, so I don't want to cancel my offer. I'd just like to know if I am wasting my time or not.

Went to TWO different fishing spots, walked over a mile, using GOOD DELICIOUS SHRIMP as bait, HOURS spent casting and waiting...

...what do I catch? A single sea robin. Who croaked at me the entire time I was trying to unhook him so I could put him back. I didn't know they even made the kind of noise.

Ugh, We have a plan and then you throw a curveball and change it which messes up the whole thing. Why? What was wrong with how it was? I get the concept, but it messes. with. everything. else! It can't work with the curveball.