Obscure_Trash

Rant Thread

Oh ALL THE CURSE WORDS, what the OTHER CURSE WORDS, can this just not have happened, please?

Yeah, this is going to be everywhere for the next two... forevers, isn't it.

Our very own huge political scandal, yay!

(Well, I might have to stop liking him if it's about what they VERY SUBTLY hint at. Also what the EVEN MORE CURSE WORDS, ... just... delete evidence? That... can't be legal? What kind of country is this?!)

Edit: Wait, why did I write this in that stupid pseudo-anonymized style?

"Weltwoche" (a newspaper I dislike) has published a story saying that Alain Berset (a government member I like) has been blackmailed by an unknown woman, who threatened to publish correspondence between him and her, and I think photos of him. The police arrested her last year and deleted everything on her computers and phones, because that's a super smart thing to do in their opinion Berset could not have continued to do his job if these documents still existed. Somehow this... does not look good? (That may be the reason someone leaked the story to the press.) I mean seriously, what were they thinking? "Let's make sure we delete everything we found, because we will definitely never need to prove what it was (or was not). Deleting the files from these phones is a very good method to make sure no copies exist, because we can't think of any way this person could have copied them to other devices or uploaded them to cloud storage services, which we have never heard of. And if this story ever appears in a newspaper, they will absolutely believe that the documents contained nothing really bad about Mr. Berset, and we just deleted them to make sure he cannot be blackmailed with documents that contain nothing really bad about him. Yes, this makes sense."

Apparently the woman later said that some of what she threatened to make public was not true. She was recently sentenced for the attempted blackmail.

The story was written by a popular politician of the party that is basically the opposite of Berset's. The newspaper does not specify of what exactly the woman accused Berset, or what was on the photos. I don't know if the newspaper doesn't know (because the court documents were censored), or they know and are not allowed to publish it. It would be somewhat relevant to know if they know, because they mention the "MeToo" discussion. So that's either a sneaky way of telling the readers what they know, or just suggesting something... They also write that it is unknown whether any money changed hands, again suggesting things.

(I am trying to ask myself what I would think about the exact same story if it was in a "good" newspaper and about a "bad" politician. In any case, I am annoyed at the politician for probably doing something (at least) stupid - or maybe even really bad - that allowed for him to be blackmailed, and slightly shocked at the information that destroying evidence is something that is considered totally okay by at least some people who are in charge of collecting/evaluating it. (My husband is asking if I'm mad about the legal system that allows it, or at the people who do it even if it's not allowed. Well, I don't know what the law is, so I don't know if I'm only mad at some people or at the system. I'll update my brain accordingly when I find out.)

Edit2 (next morning):

A different newspaper that also has the court document writes that the document really only allows the conclusion that Berset had an affair with the woman (8 years ago I think).

The comment sections are... a reason for me to remember not to read the comments.

Edited by Confused Cat

i don't know what to say to make people like me. all I can do is be the best person I can be and hope that other people pay more attention to that than to the 'bad vibe' I apparently give off, whatever that even means. like sorry I wasn't born with a people skills manual like you apparently were.

Edited by w0rmg0d

On 11/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, Confused Cat said:

(I am trying to ask myself what I would think about the exact same story if it was in a "good" newspaper and about a "bad" politician. In any case, I am annoyed at the politician for probably doing something (at least) stupid - or maybe even really bad - that allowed for him to be blackmailed, and slightly shocked at the information that destroying evidence is something that is considered totally okay by at least some people who are in charge of collecting/evaluating it. (My husband is asking if I'm mad about the legal system that allows it, or at the people who do it even if it's not allowed. Well, I don't know what the law is, so I don't know if I'm only mad at some people or at the system. I'll update my brain accordingly when I find out.)

it makes me happy to see this kind of reflection. not enough people do that I think. so kudos to you

Just a non-rant update for the sake of completeness, in case anybody here is actually interested in the events I described above:

According to every other newspaper (that did not just copy from the "Weltwoche") and statements from the authorities, no evidence was destroyed. Only the devices that were returned to the woman were cleared before returning them, which is normal. The authorities still have copies of everything. And (according to Berset's lawyer, so, it may or may not be the exact truth) there was only one photo and it was so inoffensive it "could be posted on Instagram".

I'm sort of mad at myself for believing what the "Weltwoche" guy wrote, and analyzed his text for all the tricks he used to give a certain impression of what happened. (There were a lot.) I'm worrying about the damage this does among people who only trust what the "Weltwoche" writes. I've also been wondering if the author could have honestly misunderstood the documents he had, but that seems very unlikely. In any case, nothing can be done against him. He may have wrongly accused a certain office of committing a criminal act (destroying evidence), but since that office is not a legal entity, they can't sue him or anything. Too bad.

I'm getting real sick and tired of stupid people. Especially when it's hard to tell if they're actually stupid or just being condescending A-class jerks. I'll post the conversations below without revealing names. I just really need to get it of my chest.

The original comment, which is a youtuber user who is someone who isn't the problem at all goes like this:

"When I hear this always remember the episode when Ash's Charizard finally started listening to him and together they beat a strong Poliwrath."

I responded to said parent comment (as there were other replies, but I ignored them as they didn't pertain to my comment, nor was I trying to reply to them. As youtube goes.) with a simple, 

"yasss!"

Someone else, we'll call them 'Mike'. (Not real name nor username. it's just easier, and I'm weird.) and said,

"What about Snorlax?"

Me: "what about Snorlax? That episode was about Ash gaining Charizard's respect."

Mike: "Ash eventually used Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Lapras and Tauros in a 6-on-6 with Drake."

Me: "and this comment was about when Ash gained Charizard's respect. It had nothing to do with the championship battle."

Mike: "He first met him, wayback as a Charmander at season 1."

It was at this point that my patience's HP went into the red and as pokemon games go, the warning signal started dinging. I was confused by his teeter dance attack and was building up my special attack. Instead of using flamethrower, however I relented for calm mind instead. (sorry, these terms are pokemon attacks for those who aren't poke savvy) and responded as such:

Me: .... You realize that my original comment was to (insert original comment user here) , right? I wasn't even originally addressing your comment. You are the one who responded to me, asking about a pokemon that had NOTHING to do with the original comment. I explained what I was saying, but instead of listening you took it as "they must not understand or know pokemon. I must educate!" Listen, please, as I kindly explain this in the most civil way possible. I have been a fan of pokemon since the late 90's when I was 9 year's old. I am now 31. That is 22 years of having pokemon in my life. I watched it when that episode aired. I saw when Ash got Charmander for the first time. I could tell you everything that happened in that episode.

From the rubber pink ball that Team Rocket caught pikachu in, to the heartless Trainer Damian who ditched his fire lizard because it wasn't strong enough. To the spearow attack where they scratched poor charmander before Pikachu came in and scared them off with a thundershock. And it was Brock that was so devoted in saving the fire lizard so that he'd pull through.

Where as the episode I'm commenting on is when Charizard is ignoring Ash and using a bad, weaker attack out of pride and spite. He gets frozen as a result and Ash spends the whole night making sure Charizard's flame doesn't go out. Charizard then saves Ash and Pikachu from Team Rocket as they attack with a drill machine to grab pikachu and put him in a glass, shock proof box. Ash then challenges the Poliwrath trainer again and with he and Charizard working together they win the battle.

The one you're referring to is a two-parter where Ash's team fights Drake as he uses his Ditto, Venusaur, Electabuzz, Gengar, Onix, and Dragonite. It took four of Ash's pokemon to beat dragonite alone. Lapras fainted along with Gengar and I'll admit I did forget how Bulbasaur fainted, but it has been... 6 or 7 years since I watched The orange islands?

If your comments weren't intended to educate others then I apologize, but you need to realize how your posts sound to others. To me, it implied you were trying to condescend me and educate me as if I was a novice trainer who knew nothing of the series. I think the above proves I know my stuff. I stopped watching the series itself around either the battle frontier or diamond and pearl because I didn't like when they changed the voice cast. Hope you have a great week. :)

I assumed that would be the end of it, or he'd maybe realize I wasn't some idiot who didn't know my facts. I assumed too much.

Mike: "What about Squirtle and Tauros, they were defeated by Dragonite, when they thought Drake's Onix and Venusaur."

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that it took 4 pokemon to take down Drake's Dragonite. If Bulbasaur and Lapras were beaten before then simple math in a 6 on 6 battle would mean 4 were left to face the dragon type. This would indeed include Squirtle and Tauros. That is common sense, yes? I even admit that I don't remember how Bulbasaur was defeated. I want to say Electabuzz, but am not sure. I know Lapras and Gengar knocked themselves out from an Ice-beam vs Shadow Ball attack. In fact it was where the two-part episode split for the usual, "To be continued..." with those two out it leaves, by default, Pikachu, Squirtle, Charizard and Tauros. 

I responded to him with:

Me: "....You don't listen, do you. If you had actually read what I wrote and done simple math you'd have seen what I had said. Go back and read it again. If you can't figure it out after that then you're on your own."

I try so hard not to be cruel online. whether its youtube or anywhere. I've recently stopped using Twitter because the political side is a nightmare on steroids. But the moment you talk to me as if I'm ignorant, and I prove you otherwise and you STILL talk as if I'm ignorant and you have more knowledge after I explained in far better detail then there will be problems. It felt like I was talking to a brick wall, and no amount of paint was going to cover up the stupid staining said wall.

I've been dealing with so much stress these past few weeks and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

i'm making a crochet Chase from Paw Patrol for my 4 year old nephew - his birthday was the beginning of the month.  i bought the pattern for $5, but it's totally not worth it.  i can't get my money back because i downloaded it.  also, i'm the only who's had problems with it?  "None of my clients have had so many problems with this pattern. Unfortunately I cannot make a return, since you already have a copy of the pattern."  there's typos, omissions, and an assumption that the person knows what they're doing.  the designer says it's a beginner pattern.  no, no it's not.

i'm taking careful notes and keeping all PMs, too.

16 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm making a crochet Chase from Paw Patrol for my 4 year old nephew - his birthday was the beginning of the month.  i bought the pattern for $5, but it's totally not worth it.  i can't get my money back because i downloaded it.  also, i'm the only who's had problems with it?  "None of my clients have had so many problems with this pattern. Unfortunately I cannot make a return, since you already have a copy of the pattern."  there's typos, omissions, and an assumption that the person knows what they're doing.  the designer says it's a beginner pattern.  no, no it's not.

i'm taking careful notes and keeping all PMs, too.

With anything of that nature it's always best to write it like instructions for a very dangerous chemistry lab.  Obviously it's not as high stakes but like.  I guess some people cannot give clear instructions even if their life depended on it.

Unclear instructions endlessly frustrate me as well.  Especially when it comes to things like building furniture or fixing cars.  I straight up cry when I do everything the instructions say and it still doesn't work

2 minutes ago, Dekka said:

With anything of that nature it's always best to write it like instructions for a very dangerous chemistry lab.  Obviously it's not as high stakes but like.  I guess some people cannot give clear instructions even if their life depended on it.

Unclear instructions endlessly frustrate me as well.  Especially when it comes to things like building furniture or fixing cars.  I straight up cry when I do everything the instructions say and it still doesn't work

"write it like instructions for a very dangerous chemistry lab" - love it! (and thanks for the laugh) XD 

as i said on another thread here on this forum - when i first started crocheting in 2012, it was to make the stuffed toys.  according to my project page on my knit/crochet forum, i've made over 270 stuffed toys, so i'm definitely not a beginner.  and some of these instructions are definitely  unclear.

i'm pretty good at following instructions, but some of these, i'm all :blink:

Just now, trystan said:

"write it like instructions for a very dangerous chemistry lab" - love it! (and thanks for the laugh) XD 

as i said on another thread here on this forum - when i first started crocheting in 2012, it was to make the stuffed toys.  according to my project page on my knit/crochet forum, i've made over 270 stuffed toys, so i'm definitely not a beginner.  and some of these instructions are definitely  unclear.

i'm pretty good at following instructions, but some of these, i'm all :blink:

Okay honestly whoever made the pattern may be yanking your chain then!! :blink:

There's several times when someone has sold me/my family something, and then claimed "no one else has had a problem".   Yeah right!

Ex.) once my parents bought a couch off of facebook marketplace.  it was allegedly new, looked nice.  

When the seller dropped it off to the house it looked great, loved it!! Until roaches started crawling out of it by the boatload. 😐 

The lady claimed to have no clue that they were there.  Like I'm sorry ma'am but it's kind of impossible not to notice.   My mom had to buy like $100 of roach killer/spray/etc to keep the problem from spreading beyond the basement where we put the couch.  It luckily worked but I mean, sheesh

My mom eventually got her money back through a very hard fought battle... But it was painfully obvious and the lady apparently ran a warehouse of furniture.  Like she had to have gotten other complaints.  

moral of the story, it's probably not you it's them:P

3 minutes ago, Dekka said:

Okay honestly whoever made the pattern may be yanking your chain then!! :blink:

There's several times when someone has sold me/my family something, and then claimed "no one else has had a problem".   Yeah right!

...{snip}...

moral of the story, it's probably not you it's them:P

well, i wonder how the other projects turned out, since they're not on the site where i bought the pattern from.  (and the site is quite reputable as a marketplace (and other things), so it's the pattern seller/designer)

and yeah, it's probably them.  well, i'm not buying any more patterns from them, then.

I work for a charity. I run a thrift shop that raises money for said charity. The shop sells donated items, and when I'm not there donations are often left in my office (a shared office space, unfortunately). When I got to work yesterday, a taped box that had been near my window was opened and all the way across the office. Another box that had new unopened items in it had also been opened and the wrappings were all higgledy piggledy in the pile. 

So... this was my 'solution' when I left yesterday:

Screenshot_20201125-073117.thumb.jpg.be61197f14f2e0a332d3addbe86ee33d.jpg

10 hours ago, trystan said:

yikes, Lagie! people are *shakes head*

It didn't work. Stuff had changed position AGAIN when I arrived this morning, supposedly knocked over by the cat (who is NOT supposed to even BE in the office), who is clearly very very clever and able to take one box out from under another and put everything else back just so leaving the one box on top of another pile.

And let's not get started on one of my once-a-week volunteers who was in today and decided to criticize the sales I'd made last week and the pending sale on another item. Grrrrr.

Or the customer who brought a massive pile of kids' clothes to check out, total of well over 100 dollars and at half price over 50, and said she had 23 to spend. Ri-i-i-i-ight. I think she expected me to say fine I'll take the 23. And I didn't.

Or the customers who show up at a quarter hour to closing and expect to be let in without having to wait because we're about to close even though we already have our maximum number inside so cannot let them in till someone leaves.

Or the idiots at the shelter inside the main building either maskless of half-masked.

It wasn't a very good day.

Edited by Lagie

oh wow Lagie.  i'm sorry you had to go through all that 😮

i thought retail at a big box store was crazy....

Well, I hope it was wise to have sent that message. It will likely upset a couple of people, and leave many others questioning. But if this is what authenticity is like for me, then I will have a lot of ugly things to go through. I did it for me and I believe this will be my path for self-growth and development. At least I can say I was adamant enough to have expressed myself this way, where hopefully the support they will provide me will enable me to address the issues I haven't been able to address in the past so I can protect my present and future self.

Just trying to stay optimistic and leveled. This is a rant, by my standards.

Spoiler

Lmfao. "Blah blah blah real life blah blah blah" "Live in reality!" "Be realistic!"

Made-up words. Make me.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, Lagie said:

It didn't work. Stuff had changed position AGAIN when I arrived this morning, supposedly knocked over by the cat (who is NOT supposed to even BE in the office), who is clearly very very clever and able to take one box out from under another and put everything else back just so leaving the one box on top of another pile.

And let's not get started on one of my once-a-week volunteers who was in today and decided to criticize the sales I'd made last week and the pending sale on another item. Grrrrr.

Or the customer who brought a massive pile of kids' clothes to check out, total of well over 100 dollars and at half price over 50, and said she had 23 to spend. Ri-i-i-i-ight. I think she expected me to say fine I'll take the 23. And I didn't.

Or the customers who show up at a quarter hour to closing and expect to be let in without having to wait because we're about to close even though we already have our maximum number inside so cannot let them in till someone leaves.

Or the idiots at the shelter inside the main building either maskless of half-masked.

It wasn't a very good day.

Sorry you have to deal with that. I used to volunteer at a thrift shop where all the money made went straight to the animal shelter. We had a few volunteers that were like that. Sticky fingers and crow eyes. (as crows are often attracted to shiny things) Years before I volunteered there, there were three ladies on one certain day that got caught taking money out of the flipping till, closed the shop for lunch and ate at a local restaurant using the money they took. They got caught and were let go. I don't know if any criminal charges were filed, but they were perma banned from both the shop and the shelter.

I hate the catty games some ladies played there. One lady judged me and my mother without even meeting me. I hadn't formed any opinion on her as I hadn't met her, yet I found out she refused to work with me because she couldn't stand me. Uhhh? how does that work?

I've only lost my cool on a customer once, and it wasn't really losing it, but breaking the customer service policy and told her straight up how ignorant and stupid she was acting. (deepest apologies to anyone who is part of this religion) She was Jehovah's Witness. She overheard me say to someone that I was Pagan. She approached me and started lecturing me about how evil those people were and using black magic and dark arts will only damn my eternal soul, or something like that. And she was shocked that they let someone who worships evil work at the shop.

I lost it. Civilly, but I was NOT putting up with her crap. It was years ago, but I remember telling her something like, "Ma'am. You don't even know the first thing about being a Pagan. First rule is 'Do no harm' so why on earth would being a Pagan be evil? Religion shouldn't matter when it comes to helping animals. All the money we make goes straight to them at the shelter for their normal care, vet costs, and getting them rescued and adopted. Animals should be loved and cared for on a religious-neutral ground."

She said something snarky back like, "Well why were you talking religion in here then?" And I replied, "Because someone asked? Also, you talk about your religion in here almost every time you come in."

The part that got her kicked out (yes she was asked to leave) was when she said, "Well, I'm the customer so I get to. You work here, so you shouldn't talk about that sort of thing."

The manager for that day had listened to see how I'd handle it and waited to see what the lady would say and approached us, she asked her to leave for trying to shame someone who has a different religion. The woman tossed her items in a nearby chair and huffed before saying we'd be lucky to see her or her money back in this store if we allow such devil-worship to take place. the manager let me price stuff in the back for the rest of the day and I was thankful for it. She also said, "Those in glass houses always scream the loudest." That made me laugh and feel better. she had my back.

So believe me, I understand stressful BS when it comes to that sort of work. I only quit because of the job I had gotten at the restaurant before I moved out of Florida. 

Sorry it was so lengthy, but I hoped it helped. I'd try to keep a record of what's going on and on which days. If there's a higher up you can report to, I'd do so. Little things here and there add up over time. couple bucks every day turn into $20 a week and $80 a month which turns into $960 a year. Nearly a thousand dollars a year? (that's just an example, but you get my point) And who knows what those items are worth that they're helping themselves to? $15 for that shirt, $40 for those pants, $10 for that toy? $100 for that game system? Crap like that can't continue.

5 hours ago, Syiren said:

Sorry it was so lengthy, but I hoped it helped. I'd try to keep a record of what's going on and on which days. If there's a higher up you can report to, I'd do so. Little things here and there add up over time. couple bucks every day turn into $20 a week and $80 a month which turns into $960 a year. Nearly a thousand dollars a year? (that's just an example, but you get my point) And who knows what those items are worth that they're helping themselves to? $15 for that shirt, $40 for those pants, $10 for that toy? $100 for that game system? Crap like that can't continue.

Thanks! :)

I wish the next higher up person cared. He doesn't seem to as no matter what happens he basically shrugs and implies what can you expect. Mind you, this is the same person who's wearing his mask on his chin so of course most of the staff do the same. And then I get told off by the Board when one of my volunteers has the wrong style mask and someone emailed about it, while all the shelter staff have theirs on incorrectly or not at all. It's very frustrating.

(Well done with your customer handling! I am glad your manager backed you up. Our Board has no clue how stressful this job is.)

Jesus christ, why wasn't I taught these things when I was younger??? I could have saved myself so much emotional trauma, damage and hardship and not have deal with the misguided internalised 'shame' gaslighting, coercion and bullying provides if, I in fact, knew how to understand my emotions, needs, have self-disicpline, self-compassion and knew how to enforce my boundaries when people (either unknowingly or maliciously) overstepped them. Essentially, I would have known how to love myself better and to have a better time with 'social learning.' I could have overcome that conditioned 'instinctial reflex' to immediately deny myself compassion and my emotional needs because I didn't know any other way to deal with real-life problems. I wouldn't have had to try and make my own 'inner voice' compiled of toxic shame, guilt, blame and fear. I could have done better.

There's so much I have to work on myself with. I probably wouldn't have had the patience and desire to 'break out of it' and realise the amount of emotional pain I was in if it wasn't for lockdown forcing me to sit with myself and think, "why are you feeling this way?"

I think we all could have recieved life-long benefits if we were actually taught the self-compassion and emotion strategies mentioned in this book in childhood: i.e. during school years. Education doesn't have to be a traumatic experience and neither do the following years. If most of what I remember from those years is trauma, anxiety, fear and depression, I was let down.

I have to recognise that:

I deeply struggle to learn, grow and recognise myself if I am feeling strong emotional pain - no form of avoidant mental coping strategy or escapism has helped me to overcome this. Thus, I have to make an imperative that I focus on my emotional healing or else I continue to internalise and juggle these haunting but treatable issues. The question now is, how? The answer lies in this nice book I have found myself with. Which feels very exciting! Will I 'cure' my long-term procrastination??? Find out next time on Dragonball-Z!

*Stupid* freaking Unemployment is now requiring everyone to 'verify their identity' with ID.me, which is ridiculous in the first place since it's *just now* happening and the pandemic unemployment ends in just a few weeks, but even *more* ridiculous because freaking ID.me won't freaking verify my identity!!! The *only* option I can actually do is uploading photos of my ID, none of the other 'verification options' are possible for me (no access to phone-only apps, etc), I tried multiple times with *multiple* different photos and every time it says it can't read my ID!! 

NOW I'm going to have to call DES tomorrow and try to verify that way somehow?? Which is all the more frustrating because I've done the whole 'calling DES for unemployment reasons' and they *never freaking answer* and the wait is usually *over two freaking hours* and they won't freaking *allow* me to do my weekly claim (usually done today!) until I'm 'verified' now, which means because of STUPID ID.me not being able to read my *totally clear and readable* photos my weekly payment will be late!! Seriously! Shouldn't they have MADE SURE this website could actually properly READ PHOTOS before they did this??

*ahem* Okay, typing that all out did calm me a little. Not looking forward to calling tomorrow.

It wasn't your lid to use for the dog that isn't even ours. The least you could have done was ASKED befiore you went and wrote on it in permanent marker. There were THREE other lids you could have used but, no, you had to take the only one that fits on the cat food cans.

And HOW many times have I told you all to NOT BLOCK  the pathway to where I feed the cats?!?!?! #$##$_$€*₩$#*$/_5#__€#÷%×&@

I know the postal service has struggled to adjust to *ahem* world situations this year, but it's freaking December. You'd *think* they'd have *some* sort of established routine/process by now! Especially with the holidays!! Scenario I've gone through *multiple times* in the past month-or-so: Order stuff online, track package, tracking says something similar to 'attempted delivery failed' and 'post office will try again'. Get notice in mailbox about said package, call post office, am informed that they aren't allowed to leave packages at our door (small mailbox and apartment-office not allowing any mail drop-offs 'cause of world situation). Next day, GO TO POST OFFICE, spend over a half hour in line, am informed the package is NOT THERE and is out with the delivery driver again, and of course again it CAN'T BE DELIVERED so when I get home from post office I see another notice in the mailbox about it!! Arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (Thankfully today after calling to complain again they did deliver it to the door this evening, even though they still insist they aren't allowed to do that routinely....)

Edited by HeatherMarie

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I know the postal service has struggled to adjust to *ahem* world situations this year, but it's freaking December. You'd *think* they'd have *some* sort of established routine/process by now!

i get this!  i ordered a phone holder for my car on november 26 (check the date, yep, that was thanksgiving!)  and by december 1 (5 days later) it was at my local post office.  great! i'll get it on the 1st or 2nd.  the next day, it was a county away from me.  then it was in the city! wha--? so i sign up for tracking.  and every day it tells me it's still on it's way and it will be delivered.  finally on the 11th or 12th, i decide that on monday the 14th i'll stop at the little post office in the town i work in and ask them if they can figure out where it is and when i might be getting it.... and then i get it on the 12th! i'd scream at it, but that won't do much so i have to laugh.

and last week i sent a package to my nephew, it was supposed to get there on the 12th.  it's sill "in transit, running late." grrr.....

however, the gift i ordered for my older daughter (who's home base is actually her grandparents/my inlaws), came the day it was supposed to. and when i asked her if she got it, she said "nope," so i sent her a pic of the tracking that said it was in the mailbox. she says "mom, it's cold and dark out there, i'll check it in the morning."  i told her i already had a package arrive 10 days later than it was supposed to it's 2020, please check to make sure something got delivered when it was supposed to be? finally she texted back that it was there. *whew*

huh, i do feel better now :)

Bumping this up because I'm had A Day and ranting sounds really good right about now. .

Short backstory: Mom and I have been complaining for 3+ years now about the SUPER UNREASONABLY LOUD upstairs neighbors, and apartment office's response has basically been 'it's just an old building and we can't do anything' (bull!). Well the upstairs neighbors *finally* moved out (whining to the office about US making it uncomfortable for THEM because of our constant noise complaints!) (just to be clear, most of the noise was *not* building/floor/etc-caused, the neighbors routinely had physical fights that literally sounded like crap was being hurled against the walls....) 

Anyways, so after they moved out the office agreed to take a close look at that apartment and admitted they actually *could* do something about the floor-caused noise at least. ...... They are now tearing out the whole floor and putting in all new tiles/whatever, for the past few days now, which includes HOURS of the LOUDEST drilling/hammering/whatever-the-heck-that-squeeling-noise-is. My anxiety CANNOT HANDLE THIS. My anxiety sometimes causes an actual panic attack when the freaking gardeners are too loud OUTSIDE, this kind of noise RIGHT OVER MY HEAD my anxiety is just NOPE. 

When it comes to anxiety-causing noises, if I can't get away from the situation immediately I usually put on my headphones and blast the loudest music I have and sing along loudly. That works like 90% of the time with the gardener-noises. Not this. This afternoon I was more or less scream-singing trying to drown out the horribly loud noises, took an anxiety pill, after about 40 minutes it was just TOO MUCH I was shaking and crying and ended up basically running out of the house and down the sidewalk (in my socks...) to sit and cry on the bench by the barbecue. 

Edited by HeatherMarie