Obscure_Trash

Rant Thread

OK - I know it's a gift but really? I offer a Gold for a dummy (so free essentially) and you put it in the fricking trading hub because it's UNWANTED. WTF? You could have left it to someone else instead of trying to milk the pretty lineage for what it's worth :(

4 hours ago, Herk said:

OK - I know it's a gift but really? I offer a Gold for a dummy (so free essentially) and you put it in the fricking trading hub because it's UNWANTED. WTF? You could have left it to someone else instead of trying to milk the pretty lineage for what it's worth :(

I gifted something and it's abandoned >.>
This is why I feel forced to gift it to only people that I know, rather than I don't know.
I don't usually throw eggs/hatchlings unwantedly, unless it's at the Trading Hub, where I shouldn't care what happens to the eggs/hatchlings that I offered.

And this ultimately defeats the purpose of me trading my caught Rares for 2-4 random hatchlings, since I have 2 purposes:

1) For them to keep and take care, or for re-gifting

2) So I can reach Platinum faster.

Now that I have achieved 2), and seeing 1) is not always done, I might be very less active in Trading Hub >.<

Look. I know we're friends and all... but would you oh so very kindly **** stop talking for at least one **** moment?! We talk almost every day, as soon as you log on and all the way until either you or me log out, and it usually has to be me because you never **** shut up without me quitting first! Good god, don't you have anything else to with your time? Oh... you do, but even that's not enough to stop you from spamming me with messages and chattering my bleeding ears off every single day! I get off the computer for, like, one second or so, and instantly you're whining and whimpering like a freaking lost puppy or something, like I've been missing for ten years. I have a life to live, you know. I can't spend every single moment of my day answering the billions upon gorillions upon gazillions of inane questions you send me every hour.

Internet....Y U GOTTA BE SUCH A PAIN?! All I wanted to do was connect my Switch to the wifi. Not reset the entire flipping network! JEEBUS! 

I don't get it! You offered the egg for free on the hub. I offered a dummy. I'm sure others did, too, so I'm not really expecting to get it. But I have tied up one of my egg spaces now for almost 24 hours waiting for you to do something. Accept or decline, please? I really want that egg, so I don't want to cancel my offer. I'd just like to know if I am wasting my time or not.

Went to TWO different fishing spots, walked over a mile, using GOOD DELICIOUS SHRIMP as bait, HOURS spent casting and waiting...

...what do I catch? A single sea robin. Who croaked at me the entire time I was trying to unhook him so I could put him back. I didn't know they even made the kind of noise.

Ugh, We have a plan and then you throw a curveball and change it which messes up the whole thing. Why? What was wrong with how it was? I get the concept, but it messes. with. everything. else! It can't work with the curveball. 

Posted (edited)

Firstly, I’d very much like a job that is not in service, because people are ****ing ingrates, and also pigs. They’re pigs who think that as long as no one sees them, they can get away with being ****ing pigs. But guess what, there’ ALWAYS someone who has to clean up your mess, and I am confident I am not the only one of us who silently hope you’ll get a face full of your own garbage one day.                                                                                                                                          

---

Yeah, but see, if you’re going to leave your gamers on an “it is what you make of it” note, then you actually have to give us something to make of it. What did you want when you made Gris?

Ok, if you want to be mainly artsy before being a game then I’m going to treat you like you’re art:

so your theme is overcoming depression and feelings of homogenous void, and also showcases the five stages of grief. Ok, those are pretty common themes, and “five stages of grief” is even a trope. Now, what do you do with them that distinguishes you from every other depiction of these themes?

Nothing?

You just use them? What for?

Honestly, I got the impression that everything about this game has already been done before, often much better, by other games. Yeah, it is beautiful looking and has a beautiful soundtrack, but is otherwise not much else.

It's rather telling how everyone who likes it proclaims any variation of "the story is amazing!" but there isn't a single soul talking about what the story was

Man, Yahtzee really had some good lines about this game; "while being threatened by an ever encroaching amorphous blackness, also known as baby's first metaphor", "(...) but what's the story here? Sad person wants to be less sad?".

---

So flippin' disappointed. She didn't' even want the dog in the first place, so why the heck is she allowed to pass the final judgement on his name? So now she claims that she's wanted that name for her own dog, two hours after she first heard it, and after she first argued that she already knows someone who's has a dog with that name. Smells like BS I think, surely that ought to have been her first argument against it if it were true.

Edited by Ripan

Breeding dragons and get only 7 eggs out of 16 attempts -- and these are common x common proven pairs! What's up with that, Dragon Cave?

I get miffed when people say things like, "Don't be such a child/act your age/grow up."

First of all, the ocean is old as ****, and it will still drown you if you're not smart. Age is just a number.

Secondly, children are typically the kindest, cleverest, most resourceful people I know. I think a more accurate phrase would be, "Don't be such an adult."

Great, now the Twitter website looks like the Twitter iPhone app, and whenever I've been away from the computer for a while, it switches to the stupid "best tweets first" thing. ALL I WANT IS A CHRONOLOGICAL TIMELINE. Don't decide for me which tweets are "the best". Let me read all the tweets and decide for myself. YES, you might guess correctly that I will always want to see the photos from that one guy who found the cat family under his bed, but I will find them anyway! Because I read ALL THE TWEETS! ... Except for the ones about sports, malware, or guitar brands, I guess. But show me those anyway, because I've decided to follow those people! That means I want to see all their tweets! Stop making it more complicated than that, Twitter!