Obscure_Trash

Rant Thread

Oh, Heather, I hope things are better for you now!

Trying to be nice is tying up my scroll! Why don't you just take the egg?

This is why I only play Creative mode! Every single time I try to start a new game I end up either deep into the middle of a thick, dark forest or jungle where monsters attack and are safe during the day or I'm teased because the ore I need is locked inside a material that I can't mine because I lack the proper tool and it'll only vanish if I try to mine it! Therefore, that lovely iron ore that's locked in a marble block and Andesite block is only there to tease me because there is no actual STONE to mine and craft anything better than a wooden pick axe. and it'd be nice if the blue on the map was actually water and not slate which, or better yet when designing color for maps, try not to have something be the exact same color as water. 

And when I finally do find water, don't send a super zombie on me! what the heck! 

Moded minecraft is great, but sometimes..... I just wanna GAH!!!!!!!!

To whatever program or power that controls fate I will only say this:

tenor.gif

On 3/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, Syiren said:

tenor.gif

The gardener at my shop is very fortunate he wasn't around this afternoon when I discovered he'd been doing some random painting around the outside of my shop.

I HATE THE COLOUR.

I HATE THE LOOK OF HALF-PAINTED CONCRETE.

IT'S NOT HIS DECISION TO MAKE AS I AM THE SHOP MANAGER, NOT HIM.

NOBODY ASKED HIM TO **** PAINT. I'M NOT EVEN SURE HE'S GOING TO CONTINUE TO HAVE A **** JOB THE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM. 

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The gardener at my shop is very fortunate he wasn't around this afternoon when I discovered he'd been doing some random painting around the outside of my shop.

I HATE THE COLOUR.

NOBODY ASKED HIM TO **** PAINT. I'M NOT EVEN SURE HE'S GOING TO CONTINUE TO HAVE A **** JOB THE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM. 

Oh, boy!  Sorry for the rough day!  Just think of your shot at last in the morning-- :)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I HATE THE COLOUR.

*pat pat* Sorry to hear you're having such a rough day. There's colors I can't stand either. At least for wall colors and things like that. If it's too bright it messed with me, "I refer to it as being too loud" like a bright red or orange. Especially when they can do a number on me during migraines. Sounds like someone forgot who was in charge.

*offers you cookies*

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Oh, boy!  Sorry for the rough day!  Just think of your shot at last in the morning-- :)

Yay, shot! :)

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

*pat pat* Sorry to hear you're having such a rough day. There's colors I can't stand either. At least for wall colors and things like that. If it's too bright it messed with me, "I refer to it as being too loud" like a bright red or orange. Especially when they can do a number on me during migraines. Sounds like someone forgot who was in charge.

*offers you cookies*

*noms cookies* Thanks! :)

I'm so sick and tired of insomnia. I need to get this stupid sleep schedule under control! Going to bed at 4-5 AM and waking up around 11 to noon the next day is bad enough, but not getting to sleep until 10 and waking up around 2-3 PM? no. That's just... no, it needs to stop. Granted this morning there was that ruckus in the hallway outside my door where the guitar and boxes fell over, but no. I don't care what it takes I need to get to sleep at a semi-normal hour. I'll be happy if i'm in bed by 2 AM and asleep before 3 AM at this rate. Just anything's better than 10 AM!!! 

*whimpers into pillow*

Did I mention insomnia sucks?

Why does this stupid internet riddle require me to learn music and chords, and to be able to hear and identify three sounds at the same time? (Or four sounds, I can't tell because, you know, THEY'RE BEING PLAYED AT THE SAME TIME.) This can't be how it's supposed to work???

Does it require people to learn Klingon grammar in one of the future levels? Because then it would be fair again.

I hate when things make me feel stupid .

Edit: I solved it somehow, but it looks like I really was supposed to hear the individual notes in a chord. My sister (who is in a band, so I think she knows how to music) did it that way. But the riddle is not specifically for musicians, so I still wonder how other people are supposed to solve it.

Edited by Confused Cat

WHY?? Why? What the heck? Got up early this morning and saw the devastating news that my very favorite show has been cancelled, right after a *HUGE* game-changing season finale. SERIOUSLY?! Manifest is *not* the kind of show you can do that with, so much is still unknown about the mystery and the consequences and the future for the characters.... Like, those sitcom shows where every episode has it's own nice neat plot wrapped up at the end of every episode, that's more acceptable to randomly cancel (I mean in general, not looking at specific shows). But a show that is ALL about the long-haul and 'everything is connected' and every single episode just raises more questions and gets deeper and deeper into the mystery and history and the season finale includes a *HUGE* twist that is going to severely affect whatever you thought was going to happen..... You can't just freaking cancel a show like that with no closure!! It's not fair to viewers, to fans, to the actors and writers/etc who spent so much time building up such a detailed interconnected story.  It's just wrong dangit, we should at least get a shorter 'wrap-up season' or something. So so so mad! 

(Apparently they may attempt to 'shop around' for a new home for the show, please please pleeeease let that work??)

God I am tired, sick and tired of people trying to jeopardize lesbianism into stuff like "bi/pan lesbian" or "heteroromantic lesbian" - what part of "lesbians are women/fem aligned nonbinary people attracted to other women" was unclear?  it's not only gross and disrespectful to us, it's also equally nasty towards bi/pan people.  Time to log off Twitter...

(I doubt anyone here is a TERF but if you are do NOT even perceive this post)

@HeatherMarie - wait... what?? not after that finale! argh! i want to know how that happened!

edit:

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

(Apparently they may attempt to 'shop around' for a new home for the show, please please pleeeease let that work??)

i hope so!

after googling, i learned that there were 6 seasons all mapped out! we need to follow that map! there's questions i want answers to.... like, yesterday!

Edited by trystan

5 hours ago, trystan said:

@HeatherMarie - wait... what?? not after that finale! argh! i want to know how that happened!

edit:

i hope so!

after googling, i learned that there were 6 seasons all mapped out! we need to follow that map! there's questions i want answers to.... like, yesterday!

Yup, 6 seasons all planned out. That makes it even worse imo, to know we only got *halfway* through the intended story. Like, there is sooo much more that would've happened! We literally can't possibly figure out what the ending might have been, what the final answers may have included, because we were so far away from that end. 6 seasons was always on the optimistic side for this show, I think, but we need some answers, goodness. 

On an unrelated note: Gardeners, why must you come two or three days in a *row*? You were here for hours yesterday, why didn't you just do what you needed to do then? I'm tired. I'm so very tired, but thanks to the stupid anxiety-inducing gardener's sounds I must keep my headphones on and blast music in an attempt to drown it out. 

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

WHY?? Why? What the heck? Got up early this morning and saw the devastating news that my very favorite show has been cancelled, right after a *HUGE* game-changing season finale. SERIOUSLY?! Manifest is *not* the kind of show you can do that with, so much is still unknown about the mystery and the consequences and the future for the characters.... Like, those sitcom shows where every episode has it's own nice neat plot wrapped up at the end of every episode, that's more acceptable to randomly cancel (I mean in general, not looking at specific shows). But a show that is ALL about the long-haul and 'everything is connected' and every single episode just raises more questions and gets deeper and deeper into the mystery and history and the season finale includes a *HUGE* twist that is going to severely affect whatever you thought was going to happen..... You can't just freaking cancel a show like that with no closure!! It's not fair to viewers, to fans, to the actors and writers/etc who spent so much time building up such a detailed interconnected story.  It's just wrong dangit, we should at least get a shorter 'wrap-up season' or something. So so so mad! 

I felt the same anger with Mysteries of Laura, and my roommate felt the same for Firefly. what angers me most is great shows get canceled, yet crap fests like Batwoman on CW gets to keep going and going and going. Maybe it'll get picked up by someone? That happened to Lucifer when Fox cancled it. Netflix picked it up and most, if not all the actors jumped ship and followed it to Netflix.

@Syiren - i hear your roommate there about Firefly!

@HeatherMarie - also: Lost.  the show's creators had to show ABC that they had it all planned out, and it went for 6 seasons.

also see Babylon 5: J Michael Straczynski, the writer/creator, was given a green light for 5 seasons, so he wrote it all out for 5 seasons.  then the channel told him in like season 3 that season 4 was to be the last one.  so he rewrote everything, condensing s4 and 5 into season 4.  THEN, almost right as the series finale would have aired in like a week or so, TNT picked up the show and said, "we'll give you season 5!" so he had to scramble together a s4 finale, and see who would be able to be back for a season 5. (which is why there's a few characters in the series finale but not in any of s5.)

i'm not a stranger to shows abruptly ending on cliffhangers (Moonlight, Farscape (before PKW)) but i don't like it.

I love baking, I like baking cakes especially. Thing is, it's not good for you so I only get opportunity to bake cake about twice a year on average. Well it's midsummer it's one of those special days. Per tradition the folks of this house enjoy a strawberry cream cake after a nice lunch of herring and fresh potatoes.

I look forward to baking these rare cakes, I plan a full month ahead what they're going to taste like, look like, and I even order ingredients and tools specially so I can make them as delicious and beautiful as I possibly can. I watch videos and read tips of professional bakers about how to make nice cakes.

Over the past four days I've built it step by step, and this morning I was almost done - only needed to put some edible greenery as decoration just before serving - I put it in my own fridge I have upstairs and hurried into town to buy next week's groceries (I only go out to buy groceries once a week due to the pandemic and Fridays are the best fit for me). While there I get a text that we've unexpectedly gotten some extended family coming to visit out of the blue and they've served up my cake in the meantime.

I'm disappointed. I didn't get to finish it, or take any pictures of it before they carved into it. I got up early this morning to have enough time to do the piping and arrange the strawberries as nicely as I could.

They could have called in advance to let us know they wanted to visit, so I would have finished it and been back in time to take a few pictures, and serve it.

Or they could have served the almost a full package of strawberries, whipped cream and other ingredients I had left over and left for them in their fridge.

Of course I'm aware that you've got to be a good host and if you've got fresh homemade cake at home for a folk celebration of course you'd want to serve it but

the cake wasn't finished yet

there were other options

they could have called ahead of time - should have called ahead of time because we're in a frickin' pandemic and some of the people in this house would be in real trouble if they got sick and not every one is vaccinated yet

I didn't get any picture of it before it was demolished, and I wasn't even there to see them enjoy it

I just haven't had much to feel proud of in the past few years. I'd been looking forward to baking and serving this cake and I've put a lot of time, money and effort into it.

I know I might be a big silly baby goose about this because family still got to enjoy something nice I had done after all, and I'll probably feel embarrassed about this rant later but I legitimately feel upset enough about this that I want to cry a bit.

4 minutes ago, Ripan said:

but I legitimately feel upset enough about this that I want to cry a bit.

And understandably so. I'm so sorry they did that to you. *hugs*

@Ripan Agree that what they did was just not right! Sorry things turned out the way they did. Seems extremely inconsiderate to say the least.

You have every right to be upset. That was plain rude and inconsiderate.

588314747_hug1.jpg.4162f4774065f46d366cbec9760dbd61.jpg

Ripan, you have every right to be angry. I’m not even very good at baking, but if someone  gave away one of my cheesecakes before I could top it, I’d be a VERY salty corviknight. Heck, a while ago I  bought myself a pack of Asian biscuits and my mother’s dad ate the entire pack, and I was annoyed (although not to his face) about T H A T. Emailing you some high-quality e-hugs right now 💜

Oh my goodness I am so mad right now. Background, I get my medications 'med-packed' once every two weeks, meaning every two weeks I (or someone on my behalf) pick up packets from the pharmacy with my meds sorted into appropriate slots, morning evening etc. Once every two weeks. I have not had any medication changes in months. And yet today, I get my packets (someone brought them to me) and one of my medications is missing *entirely*. I take four pills a day of that medication and there is *none* in the packets for two weeks. So I call the pharmacy and after a lot of back-and-forth I'm told they didn't give it to me because it's 'as needed' (uh, no it's NOT, I have the prescription instructions right here!!) but they'll get a bottle of it ready for me. 

Okay, so my case manager goes back to get the missing med and brings it back to me.... And it's STILL wrong!! The pills I take are 25mg each, I've taken that dose for months, nothing has changed. And yet they gave me 10mg pills! Seriously? What the freaking heck! And they are currently closed for lunch so I'm just sitting here fuming waiting until I can call them and yell at them. This is just... What the heck. How hard is it to get medications right when they've been the same every two weeks for months upon months?! 

(edit to update that I did *finally* get the correct med in the correct dose, thank goodness.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I am sooooo frustrated with the difficulty of trying to get a pink sapphire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spotting a sapphire in the cave is harder than spotting a leetle tree; I have seen several of the latter in the time I have seen one of the former. God help anyone to actually catch it!

I did get one CB sapphire in the past month. I readied it until it was less than 4 days old, waited till about 2 am, and opened a second window onto the AP so I could refresh and try to grab it when it showed. I saw it and clicked on it 3 times before getting a response, and someone else had it. Since I had just abandoned it, I went back a page to get the egg code and viewed who it was that got it. Crap for me but good for them, I thought.

The next day or so I was looking at trades and saw that person had put the egg I abandoned up for trade. I put the best I had available on the trade and sent them a message (assuming forum name and cave name are the same) begging for my egg back. Someone else got it instead. 

I then was scouring the AP for eggs and this person had been producing PB 2nd gen pink sapphires - at least 2 of which were from pink parents, meaning they have at least 4 CB. I have been under the impression that mass breeding reducing the numbers produced in the cave, so I got really pissed at the idea that someone who does not care about keeping CB was preventing others from getting them. The only reason I did not destroy those 4 eggs in hope of more CB being produced is that someone said they did not think the ratios were related, but they were not sure. 

I am not even bothering to try for the new gemshard eggs at this point because I almost never see them in the cave, and it is 2 months since the release - but they are only available 1/2 the time anyway.

I cannot use my CB prize offspring to trade for any of the eggs I want, because I have been trying (23 times so far, all with the common Venturis as the offspring) to get a specific combination 2G prize to fulfill a debt. Feels like I am never going to produce a 2G prize offspring ever again because no other breed combination has been close to this problematic.

I hate feeling this way about DC because mostly I think it is really fun and the sprites adorable. I am just soooooo frustrated right now!

48 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

[...] 

I am not even bothering to try for the new gemshard eggs at this point because I almost never see them in the cave, and it is 2 months since the release - but they are only available 1/2 the time anyway.

I cannot use my CB prize offspring to trade for any of the eggs I want, because I have been trying (23 times so far, all with the common Venturis as the offspring) to get a specific combination 2G prize to fulfill a debt. Feels like I am never going to produce a 2G prize offspring ever again because no other breed combination has been close to this problematic.

I hate feeling this way about DC because mostly I think it is really fun and the sprites adorable. I am just soooooo frustrated right now!

Are you super hung up on them being CB? If not, if you have bronze tinsel or prize, I can offer you a 2G purebred citrine gemshard. I know that doesn't alleviate the frustrations of the wider rant, but I figured I could help out anyways. 

My own rant: 

So, I left the site for a few years in approx 2018 and I'm just now coming back. I know shards were implemented so people could get CBs of things they already had without taking from  people who don't, but I am so frustrated by the pace of earnings, and more specifically, the absurd cost of things like Stats, Aeons (but not whites, pinks, or purples???), Coppers (though it is cool you can buy the color you want), Nexus, and the Blusang Lindwyrm. I get why the summoning trio is high priced and why hybrid parents are super high priced but I feel like I'm getting scalped for not participating in the player market! Prior to my departure, I had never made a trade on this account (was a proud iron man) but there's now stuff you can only get with trades and I'm just!! Ugh!!! I get what they're doing and why but it's not having a positive affect on my playing experience and I am frustrated about this!!! 

Mini Rant: Cantos and the Sabertooth Bull Drake only cost 100/200 shards, and the greater spotted and morphodrakes both cost 100, but Sabers and Teal Spotteds go for Premium Hecking Currency in the trades!! Heck!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Joblerone said:

Are you super hung up on them being CB? If not, if you have bronze tinsel or prize, I can offer you a 2G purebred citrine gemshard. I know that doesn't alleviate the frustrations of the wider rant, but I figured I could help out anyways. 

I really appreciate  your offer; you are the kind of player that helps make up for all the frustration! But my scroll goals are 2 CB adults of each gender where possible, as close to that as possible otherwise (i.e., hybrids only 2G).

Edited by Awdz Bodkins