olympe

The show-off-your-wreath thread.

Aquamyrine: Wow, that must've took you or ever....

What is Io Saturnalia?

Thanks and the short answer is it is what Chritmas was called in Ancient Roman times before Christianity took over Rome, just a little pice of ancient history biggrin.gif Saturnalia was named for the Roman god Saturn (the equivalent of the Greek Zeus) and Saturnalia was a festival celebration to celebrate him from December 17-23, everyone would dance, sing, feast and give presents and when Christianity became popular they incorporated some Roman holidays into their own to make it easier for the common people to accept the new religion. Okay i guess that was a little longer than I meant for it to be, sorry I just really love the ancient civilizations.

PonyTales thanks as well

Aquamyrine

Edited by aqua17

I gotta say, mine has to be the most awkward wreath ever, after looking at other people's. I tried to make a Santa out of ornaments on the wreath. I am thinking of trying again but I am never good with original ideas.

Kamoodle's Wreath

Edited by Kamoodle

I gotta say, mine has to be the most awkward wreath ever, after looking at other people's. I tried to make a Santa out of ornaments on the wreath. I am thinking of trying again but I am never good with original ideas.

My Wreath

he reminds me of a santa cookie lol it looks very nice but you might want to fix your link.

Aquamyrine

@Aquamyrine: Ah, okay, i should have known, but good wreath....

But Everyone did a wonderful job and all of us should be patted on the bakc for actually participating....

The ones that did extra work should pat extra hard....

he reminds me of a santa cookie lol it looks very nice but you might want to fix your link.

Aquamyrine

Link should work fine now. Thankees. wink.gif

@Kamoodle: Actually, you have to put /kamoodle5 after the word wreath or it will lead people to their own wreath...

No worries. I figured it out after looking at someone else's link to their wreath in an earlier post.

Well, I clicked the link and it took me to my wreath, maybe it didn't save, I looked at the properties and the link didn't have the wreath/kamoodle5 thing on it.....

Oh well, I wonder how long we hae to play with our wreaths until TJ freezes them so we can't do a thing....

Edited by White-Sword-Master

I took out the first link and added in another one in my first post. If it still doesn't work, I'll go with inserting my wreath here as an image.

EDIT: I went ahead and uploaded it as an image.

user posted image

Edited by Kamoodle

After I have no idea how many attempts that I just gave up on, I finally did one I like enough that I'm okay with keeping it.

My Wreath

I think this is pretty much it - my wreath, it's nothing special, but I like it. smile.gif

PontTales - i love your ice dragon wreath, the others are great too, but that on was my fav.

and Terpsichore that is just cute - he is even wearing his bells.

Everyone has done a fantastic job on theirs, all unique and beautiful.